Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Post by count2infinity »

:pop:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Wojtek Wolski - jaysmiter and Max Talbot - IrishEyes are busy working on their wrist shots down at the Buttmanville Arena. "You know Max, I really like it here in Buttmanville. Its a great place, and this team is really starting to come together now that we've slimmed down our ranks. Most of all though, I love these standard issue muscle shirts."

"I hear ya Woj. Personally though, I like the modifications Ive made to mine. What do you think?"

"Uh, yea I guess Max. Let's get out of here and go egg Hartnell's house. Since he was waived, hes not around to do anything about it."

Woj and Max make their way to the parking lot and their respective cars. As new linemates, they are perfectly synchronized, and each arrive at their car, and turn the ignition at precisely the same instant:

Wolski's - (Superstar) car explodes, killing him instantly.

Max, however, is luckier. Someone or something had disabled the bomb underneath Max's car. While mourning the passing of his friend, Max is relieved to live for another day. The village awakens with another Superstar dead and still more questions.

Still alive in BUTTMANVILLE:

1. Beerman - Rico Fata
2. Shafnutz - Bob Errey
3. Pavel Bure(killed night 3)
4. Troy Loney
5. Cup Keeper - Don Cherry
6. crayz - Ogie Ogilthorpe (killed night 2)
7. dagny - Jaromir Jagr (killed night 1)
8. Malkamaniac - Marty Straka
9. sdm5055 - Steve McKenna
10. mac5155 - Joe Dziedzic
11. MWB - Jiri Slegr
12. Zarovich - Marian Hossa
13. Redwill - Joey Mullen
14. Azkar - Pierre McGuire (waived by the village day 2)
15. Senka - Ryan Whitney (waived by the village day 3)
16. count2infinity - Eddie Olczyk
17. npv708 - Charlie Conway (killed night 3)
18. Juice - Michael Peca (killed night 1)
19. JS(c) - Gary Roberts (killed night 4)
20. Kicksave - Chris Bourque
21. Hockeyguru - Dino Ciccarelli (waived by the village day 4)
22. jaysmiter - Wojtek Wolski (killed night 5)
23. tfrizz - Joe Sakic
24. PFiDC - Ian Moran
25. IrishEyes - Superstar Max Talbot
26. jwienand - Scott Hartnell (waived by the village day 1)

With 15 left, it takes 8 to waive. Deliberations re-open at 9 AM tomorrow morning, so please do not post until then, or we will be forced to ask Dags to lock it if she could be so kind.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

who wanted jaysmiter dead. i cant remember anything from this game lol... someone saved IE... interesante.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

oh shoot sorry :face:
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

well...i've got 2 ideas...

1. go after redwill (not sure what THG's vendetta was against him, but he really wanted him out)

2. go after cupkeeper (2 votes in a row with no REAL rationale coming after me...)
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

count2infinity wrote:well...i've got 2 ideas...

1. go after redwill (not sure what THG's vendetta was against him, but he really wanted him out)
I'm down with this idea now.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

one additional thought... we could just go with someone brand new (someone that isn't saying anything...just laying in the weeds) as we've been way off for everyone in the past...
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

slappybrown wrote:
With 15 left, it takes 8 to waive. Deliberations re-open at 9 AM tomorrow morning, so please do not post until then, or we will be forced to ask Dags to lock it if she could be so kind.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

The LGP board says it's 9 AM......... :pop:
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Kicksave wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
whoops...an hour early. sorry. this is my prep period at school, so i figured better now than later.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I apologize for not posting in the past two day phases. On Thursday, I just wasn't on during the quick Senka vote, and on Friday I was at the veterinarian all day with two of my dogs.

Here are some thoughts I have on a few players:

Malkamaniac: I suspected him and voted for him on day 1. The reason was his (IMO) overzealous defense of himself when accused. My suspicion continued into day 2 but by then he was posting a lot of steady, reasonable stuff. He was particularly strong in his defense of me against thg on day 2. And he never addressed this to me, just thg, so it wasn't a buddying-up sort of thing. So my suspicion ebbed considerably.

tfrizz: Never shifted off of me onto Azkar during that vote. Also voted for me again on Friday. But I believe him when he says he thought thg had something on me. However: really, tfrizz? Do you think a town RP (even someone who plays like thg) would be so unsubtle?

Zarovich: I know he plays similarly each game, but it is so frustrating that he has only posted THREE times this game. There's no excuse for that. However, last game he posted more and turned out to be a mafia RP...

And now there's IrishEyes.

IrishEyes saved. Hmm. It's been pointed out already why she was already suspicious: few posts and little reasoning on her votes plus the very late jump to Azkar. Also, there is a strong defense of herself on page 24 when she had only one vote against her. That's usually a pretty strong tell. Now we have the save.

Saved by the Goon Doctor? That's more likely than her being a town RP, I think. Presumably the Goon Doctor cannot save the same person twice in a row, so if we're going with her, now must be the time. Also, if she is Goon, she's likely the Big Boss (saved on nights 1, 3, and 5).

However, who would have tried to kill her? If she's Goon, then either a town-vig or an independent killer. I'm leaning toward the game having a town-vig and that person making the attempt.

So, for me, the suspicion definitely falls heavily on IrishEyes. I know the risk of lynching a town RP is a concern and will put some people off, so I'd definitely like to hear what people have to say. And, in any case, I'd obviously like to see what IrishEyes says before I vote.

The only thing that really troubles me is that this all presupposes that most of this game set-up is similar to last game.

The killing of jaysmiter kind of makes sense, since he is an especially good baddie-killer late in the game. He certainly didn't do anything in this game, however.

So those are some of my thoughts right now.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

She's either the angel or was saved by the goon angel...i'll leave that up for the angel (if not IE) to decide whether or not she should be exposed.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

The reason was his (IMO) overzealous defense of himself when accused. My suspicion continued into day 2 but by then he was posting a lot of steady, reasonable stuff. He was particularly strong in his defense of me against thg on day 2.
Meh, the real reason why I was defensive was because I actually wanted to not be a stupid bandwagon on the first day. Other than that I've got nothing to hide.

I'd like to hear what IE has to say about anything. Only thing though is that IE's on at random times so hopefully IE will speak up before the vote goes through or we hear some kind of logical explanation. Which, until something is heard of from IE, I won't be voting. It's not necessary at this point to shoot now ask questions later.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

It's pretty interesting with IE getting saved, I don't know if we should take a chance if she is actually the angel on the superstar side. But she's been one of the last four votes on each of the last 3 waivings. Then gets saved right after she took a little bit of heat.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

redwill is right on the money as far as IrishEye. She always seems to be a silent killer in every game I play. The same goes with Zarovich.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Obviously there has to be some concern about IE, but I wouldn't be ready to vote for her with the possibilities that are out there. I agree with redwill's thoughts on tfrizz and zaro.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

As I said in my post above, I understand that we need to be careful and wait.

But I'll also put forward the odds. Presuming (just presuming) that there are 3-4 Goon left, then she is 3-4 times more likely to be Goon than the one Superstar Doctor. (If there's only one Superstar Doctor... :? )
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

beerman wrote:It's pretty interesting with IE getting saved, I don't know if we should take a chance if she is actually the angel on the superstar side. But she's been one of the last four votes on each of the last 3 waivings. Then gets saved right after she took a little bit of heat.
I'm a little less suspicious of IE because right after the heat came on her she did the exact same thing that got her in trouble to begin with. If she was a good I think she would have laid low and waited until after the vote to throw out a defense.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

MWB wrote:
beerman wrote:It's pretty interesting with IE getting saved, I don't know if we should take a chance if she is actually the angel on the superstar side. But she's been one of the last four votes on each of the last 3 waivings. Then gets saved right after she took a little bit of heat.
I'm a little less suspicious of IE because right after the heat came on her she did the exact same thing that got her in trouble to begin with. If she was a good I think she would have laid low and waited until after the vote to throw out a defense.
Yeah I agree, I was kind of surprised that she ended up jumping on the end of a vote again after the posts about her. I'd guess that if she was on the bad side she wouldn't have done that. I'm not voting for her this time around I don't think but I also won't be forgetting about it either.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

waive tfrizz

Just going back through the last couple of day patterns, and tfrizz is the only one I can garner any suspicion for. In the Senka vote, he switched over towards the very end. Same with the THG vote. That's a nice way to show that you are just "going with the flow" when a superstar is offed.

He did not vote for Azkar...I know normally goons will go ahead and switch over to sacrifice their own, but I can't see them doing that with Azkar. The seer is a huge role to lose. While I believe tfrizz is extremely suspicious (hence why I am voting), I don't think we can ignore the other players that didn't vote for Azkar.

His votes:

jwienand (superstar): jumped on the bandwagon
Senka (superstar): jumped on right at the end
Azkar (goon detective): did not vote for him
THG (superstar): switched over from redwill at the last second to THG, with what I thought was kind of a weak reason to switch. I believe that since he knew redwill and THG were BOTH superstars, it would make him look good if he refused to join the THG bandwagon right away.

Not the best reasoning I have had, just my gut feeling.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'm not voting for her this time around I don't think but I also won't be forgetting about it either.
Personally it's not worth to vote for her until she makes her peace. I'm surprised at the people actually pushing for her to be voted, no questions asked, then figure it out after the rubble settles.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

redwill wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Personally it's not worth to vote for her until she makes her peace. I'm surprised at the people actually pushing for her to be voted, no questions asked, then figure it out after the rubble settles.
No one has done anything remotely like this.
Actually, I guess Kicksave kind of did...
Last edited by redwill on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

redwill wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Personally it's not worth to vote for her until she makes her peace. I'm surprised at the people actually pushing for her to be voted, no questions asked, then figure it out after the rubble settles.
No one has done anything remotely like this.
This is very true....malkamaniac people have come out already saying she might be a superstar RP, so we should hold off for now. You seem to be very hasty in your defense of her, since she hasn't really been "attacked" yet.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

redwill wrote:As I said in my post above, I understand that we need to be careful and wait.

But I'll also put forward the odds. Presuming (just presuming) that there are 3-4 Goon left, then she is 3-4 times more likely to be Goon than the one Superstar Doctor. (If there's only one Superstar Doctor... :? )
I think the odds are more like this: She's a goon or she's the doctor. Or she's nothing and the doctor decided to throw protection her way on a whim.