NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Post by MWB »

thehockeyguru wrote: Me thinks that Azkar in trying to save his own backside switched his vote for a "Goon" (Redwill) in hopes of making himself look good if a vote came down on Redwill.
I was thinking the same thing. Certainly a possibility.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

all due respect malk... 9 of 26 are dead already... we've only gotten one goony out of the way. we're not looking too hot right now. so when you say too early? i think it's slipping away from us and we really need to knock out another goon on this vote.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Personally it's still way to early to get a deciding vote. THG is certainly at the top of my list, as it seems most others, but I'm unwilling to throw the vote in until it seems as if everyone's cool.
If I am going to be whacked, please do it on your own accord and not on the whim of others. I dont like people thinking that you were just following the crowd.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

tfrizz wrote:
beerman wrote:I went back to look at the Azkar vote to see if anything would stand out. At 9-3 in favor of Azkar, Azkar had his vote in for redwill, IE and tfrizz also had their votes in for redwill.

The last 4 votes for Azkar's waiving were THG, count2infinity, kicksave (switched over at the end), IE (switched to "go with the majority").

People who didn't vote for Azkar and are still alive: myself, mac, sdm, zaro, tfrizz, and cup keeper.

So IE had a vote with Azkar and was a late switch to end it, tfrizz was voting along with Azkar and never voted for him. THG was a late vote and has been suspicous throughout, my vote would go with one of those 3 right now.
I wasn't "voting along with Azkar". I was following THG under the same belief I posted above. I just looked back and saw that after I voted, THG changed to Azkar... if I had seen that before, I may have changed my mind as well.
your vote was in the same place as a goon then, you could've legitimately been voting for redwill or you could've been putting your vote away from a fellow goon. I'm just getting information out there.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Personally it's still way to early to get a deciding vote. THG is certainly at the top of my list, as it seems most others, but I'm unwilling to throw the vote in until it seems as if everyone's cool.
If I am going to be whacked, please do it on your own accord and not on the whim of others. I dont like people thinking that you were just following the crowd.

I've got my own reasons against you. Personally I think you're an RP working for yourself. I don't see you as a goon but I see you as the guy who plays for himself and has no allegiance.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

count2infinity wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
count2infinity wrote:what if... and i'm just saying, what if. THG is the village seer? what if he is casting his vote on redwill because he knows that redwill is a very very bad bad guy? just a thought to take into consideration. My vote is still on him, but thought i would bring that up quick.
Then he'd be dead by now.
are you sure... the village is pretty much always on his case... goons figured they'd get a cheap kill and go after someone else instead? just spit balling here...
Right. I don't think THG is a goon, but I can understand people voting for him because of confusing posts.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

thehockeyguru wrote:
For the love of God and all that is holy PLEASE quote properly so we can see who said it! :scared:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

PensFanInDC wrote:

Azkar - 12 (pavel, redwil, pfidc, malks, mwb, shaf, troy, jaysmiter, THG, count2, kicksave, irisheyes)
THG - 1 (mac)
cupkeeper -1 (sdm)
JS - 1 (senka)
tfrizz - 1 (zaro)
redwill - 2 (azkar, tfrizz)

LIMIT REACHED WRITE UP COMING...
I think he would have switched to a goon much later then he did if it was to distract voters.[/quote]

And yet people are still voting for redwill...

Tfrizz & THG need to go in my opinion...not helping...
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I've got my own reasons against you. Personally I think you're an RP working for yourself. I don't see you as a goon but I see you as the guy who plays for himself and has no allegiance.
Cool, my own opinion of myself, is that I am the only one stirring up trouble and getting people involved. That the Goons have tried to whack me but failed. If i was playing for myself why was I not on the bandwagon to off Senka?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

shafnutz05 wrote:My only concern is that the goons have tried to kill redwill already, been unsuccessful, and realized that he was some type of RP that cannot be killed by a goon vig (or something similar). Knowing that, they realized the only way to kill him is through a daytime vote. As count2infinity said, I am throwing spitballs here, but if they know that he is an RP they can't kill at night, it makes sense for them to push hard on him in the daytime.
Hasn't someone been killed every night? And on every other night 2 people have been killed? If that is correct that leads me to believe that the goons have had a successful kill every night and someone else is allowed to kill every other night.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Cool, my own opinion of myself, is that I am the only one stirring up trouble and getting people involved. That the Goons have tried to whack me but failed. If i was playing for myself why was I not on the bandwagon to off Senka?
How do you keep thinking that the anyone tried to whack you? I thought they Mod's would make mention that if someone was protected and the kill failed? They've done it that way since I've been playing these games. This is where I don't understand you

1) keep saying people are trying to kill you

2)the with my dieing words post.

It makes absolutely no sense to me.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

MWB you are probably right...not knowing the roles makes it hard to ascertain anything like that
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

wow, english fail on my part.

Anyone*

the Mod's*
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

count2infinity wrote:all due respect malk... 9 of 26 are dead already... we've only gotten one goony out of the way. we're not looking too hot right now. so when you say too early? i think it's slipping away from us and we really need to knock out another goon on this vote.
For some reason this post strikes me as goony.

I agree with beerman that one of the last four votes for azkar is the way to go.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

What makes no sense to me is why Troy Loney yesterday saw my point of view, in regards to my Azkar vote, and then today votes me again.

I think we can clear a lot of this up by putting Redwill to a vote, and if he is a goon, put Troy Loney to a vote after that.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

MWB wrote:
count2infinity wrote:all due respect malk... 9 of 26 are dead already... we've only gotten one goony out of the way. we're not looking too hot right now. so when you say too early? i think it's slipping away from us and we really need to knock out another goon on this vote.

I agree with beerman that one of the last four votes for azkar is the way to go.

This is one thing I don't understand either, 17 people still remain. The game isn't over by a freaking long shot.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

thehockeyguru wrote:I think we can clear a lot of this up by putting Redwill to a vote, and if he is a goon, put Troy Loney to a vote after that.
I'll bet that's what you think...
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:

How about we get one of the people that keep trying to get redwill killed

i know this seems hypocritical since i was trying to get votes for him a few cycles ago, but azkar being a goon completely changed my opinion on him and pavel....
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

For all the talk about redwill he has been uncharacteristically quiet. This may be solid strategy considering all the talking thg is doing and what trouble it gets him in. But redwill's not doing much in the way of helping this game.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:What makes no sense to me is why Troy Loney yesterday saw my point of view, in regards to my Azkar vote, and then today votes me again.

I think we can clear a lot of this up by putting Redwill to a vote, and if he is a goon, put Troy Loney to a vote after that.

If anything, if you want to go the Redwill route, put him up, then if you're wrong, you go right after him.

Why haven't you answered my question. Why do you think people keep trying to kill you and failed? It would be mentioned if that happened.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Also agree that one of the last four votes for Azkar is the way to go....I think we can say that at LEAST one of those votes is a goon. Start with THG now since he is literally giving me a headache with his erroneously quoted posts, then move on from there.

And MWB you are right on redwill, but I just don't think he's a goon.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Troy Loney wrote:
MWB wrote:

i know this seems hypocritical since i was trying to get votes for him a few cycles ago, but azkar being a goon completely changed my opinion on him and pavel....
I agree with this as well, and THG fits both bills he was one of the last few on the Azkar vote and keeps gunning for redwill.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

shafnutz05 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:I think we can clear a lot of this up by putting Redwill to a vote, and if he is a goon, put Troy Loney to a vote after that.
I'll bet that's what you think...
Thats nonsense...

why don't we just off you, then we might find out a whole lot more.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

shafnutz05 wrote:Also agree that one of the last four votes for Azkar is the way to go....I think we can say that at LEAST one of those votes is a goon. Start with THG now since he is literally giving me a headache with his erroneously quoted posts, then move on from there.

And MWB you are right on redwill, but I just don't think he's a goon.

What if you are wrong on me too? What then?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:

My problem with that is we don't know what redwill is so why bother going after people who wanted him dead. We know azkar was a goon and it seems that historically a lot of goons will throw their vote on a dying teammate to gain village confidence.