NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Post by shafnutz05 »

And FWIW, I believe (and I think several other people do as well) that THG is an independent RP with superstar ties. I don't think I am giving anything away here, it has seemed pretty obvious. Why would the goons not use one of their kills on him? For all we know, maybe they did, and it failed. Which is why now, they have realized that the only way to get rid of him is to get the village behind a THG vote (which is pretty probable). Troy Loney has been pushing extremely hard for THG....and now he is showing signs of backing off, but only after THG is showing some superstar credentials (being one of the first to call out Azkar).

If THG was a goon, his fellow players would have told him to shut the hell up by now. He is acting independently, which is why he hasn't changed his style. Troy has struck me as suspicious the whole time...if I am right on Senka, I think Troy needs to be looked at next.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

My dieing words are going to be:

Waive Redwill

Cant change that now.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

shafnutz05 wrote:Alright....not sure what to think of the whole THG-Troy Loney deal. I am almost positive one of them is a goon, but not sure which.
I think they're both villagers. There seems to be a feud like this every game and it usually ends up being two regulars.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:My dieing words are going to be:

Waive Redwill

Cant change that now.

You sir, are playing the role of the crazy villager or the confusing goon very well.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

MWB wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Alright....not sure what to think of the whole THG-Troy Loney deal. I am almost positive one of them is a goon, but not sure which.
I think they're both villagers. There seems to be a feud like this every game and it usually ends up being two regulars.

For instance me and SHaft or slappy last game. Words of advice however, it cost us the last game by me and whoever else arguing. It does not serve any purpose to keep it going, as it causes confusion through the whole group.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

shafnutz05 wrote:And FWIW, I believe (and I think several other people do as well) that THG is an independent RP with superstar ties. I don't think I am giving anything away here, it has seemed pretty obvious. Why would the goons not use one of their kills on him? For all we know, maybe they did, and it failed. Which is why now, they have realized that the only way to get rid of him is to get the village behind a THG vote (which is pretty probable). Troy Loney has been pushing extremely hard for THG....and now he is showing signs of backing off, but only after THG is showing some superstar credentials (being one of the first to call out Azkar).

If THG was a goon, his fellow players would have told him to shut the hell up by now. He is acting independently, which is why he hasn't changed his style. Troy has struck me as suspicious the whole time...if I am right on Senka, I think Troy needs to be looked at next.
I'm nothing....so whatever.

anyway claim THG

waive senka

He's lying low...
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

THG, on one hand I am defending you as a villager. But I have absolutely no idea why you are so suspicious of redwill. I have gone back and looked at his posts several times, and he doesn't remotely strike me as a suspect. If you could give me 3 concise bullet points as to why he is a goon, maybe I will rethink that (emphasis on concise). But I have no idea where this obsession is coming from.

MWB, you may be right. Troy is just rubbing me the wrong way for some reason (in a completely figurative manner).
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

shafnutz05 wrote:Alright....not sure what to think of the whole THG-Troy Loney deal. I am almost positive one of them is a goon, but not sure which. For now though, I think we need to get the ball rolling on Senka. Here is his record so far:

Round 1: Absent

Round 2: Voted for JS (Gary Roberts) for some obscure reason about Roberts being overrated...noncommittal and nonrisky vote. At the same time, he made a suggestion that Azkar always gets picked on early (and maybe we should "keep that in mind" as a reason to not vote for him).

Round 3: Made another noncommittal vote for mac, someone who hasn't been on anyone's radar. Used the reasoning "well you voted for me, and that makes you a goon!"

Senka has been extremely sharp in picking out goons in the past...I thought Azkar's goonery was pretty obvious, but it's like he completely missed the ball. Either Senka is off his game this time around, or he is a goon. I think it is clearly the latter....he ain't stupid.
waive senka

All very, very good points shaf. As far as THG and Troy, their feud is reminicient of some other feuds that have been two villagers. However, if THG keeps up his strange posts... then I'm going to start believing THG to be a goon.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Malkamaniac wrote:
MWB wrote:

For instance me and SHaft or slappy last game. Words of advice however, it cost us the last game by me and whoever else arguing. It does not serve any purpose to keep it going, as it causes confusion through the whole group.
Point of clarification, the village won last game. :D
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

IrishEyes wrote:All very, very good points shaf. As far as THG and Troy, their feud is reminicient of some other feuds that have been two villagers. However, if THG keeps up his strange posts... then I'm going to start believing THG to be a goon.
This. Good point! :thumb:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Oh I wasn't in that one, the game before whichever one we argued. lol.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Oh I wasn't in that one, the game before whichever one we argued. lol.
I thought you were in Nintendo wars? Anyways, I am going to do an official count now and see where we stand.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Just got all caught up, I'm waiving Senka he's been way too quiet for the way he normally plays, plus he usually helps when he does post. His posts this game don't really have anything to them. Hockeyguru would definitely be number 2 on my list, but I'm sticking with Senka this vote.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I thought you were in Nintendo wars? Anyways, I am going to do an official count now and see where we stand.
The one where it came down to three of us, and it was me you and Senka. That game.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

But I have absolutely no idea why you are so suspicious of redwill. I have gone back and looked at his posts several times, and he doesn't remotely strike me as a suspect. If you could give me 3 concise bullet points as to why he is a goon, maybe I will rethink that (emphasis on concise).
-For someone who has been described as calculated, he jumped pretty quickly on crayz's bandwagon to off me. There were no other arguments at the time, and for him to jump on me because I was "new" didn't make sense.

- I am suspicious of him because he really hasn't been involved in any of the conversations regarding other players. He started off with the notion that he could vote for Malkamaniac, but since then there hasn't been any beat on him other than to defend himself. For someone who was taking a look at Malkamaniac, he hasn't said a word about him since day 1. Everytime I call him out he is quick to respond, but usually doesn't interact in any other way. Call me paranoid, but I dont like the fact that he is quick to respond to attacks, but never engages in any.

I only have two, but I think they are pretty valid.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

COUNT

Count2infinity - 3 (jaysmiter, cupkeeper, mac)
mac - 1 (senka)
Senka - 8 (zaro, shaf, count2, mwb, pfidc, troy, irisheyes, beerman)
cupkeeper - 1 (sdm)
redwill - 1 (THG)

10 to waive
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

thehockeyguru wrote:-For someone who has been described as calculated, he jumped pretty quickly on crayz's bandwagon to off me. There were no other arguments at the time, and for him to jump on me because I was "new" didn't make sense.

- I am suspicious of him because he really hasn't been involved in any of the conversations regarding other players. He started off with the notion that he could vote for Malkamaniac, but since then there hasn't been any beat on him other than to defend himself. For someone who was taking a look at Malkamaniac, he hasn't said a word about him since day 1. Everytime I call him out he is quick to respond, but usually doesn't interact in any other way. Call me paranoid, but I dont like the fact that he is quick to respond to attacks, but never engages in any.

I only have two, but I think they are pretty valid.
Now this is some reasoning that I can consider. Redwill has been extremely analytical in the past, but it does seem this game he is going along with votes and making some erratic posts. On my radar, but not really a serious suspect at this point.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

waive Senka

shaf has made better arguments against Senka than I've seen against anyone for this vote.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Waive Senka

Seems like Senka is the obvious choice at this point. We've already got one goon so let's get another! I'm still not entirely sold on THG being a good/bad guy. He's very hard to read at this point.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

COUNT

Count2infinity - 3 (jaysmiter, cupkeeper, mac)
mac - 1 (senka)
Senka - 10 (zaro, shaf, count2, mwb, pfidc, troy, irisheyes, beerman, tfrizz, malks)
cupkeeper - 1 (sdm)
redwill - 1 (THG)

Limit reached, writeup coming...
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Just got caught up after my meeting, that vote went fast.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Now this is some reasoning that I can consider. Redwill has been extremely analytical in the past, but it does seem this game he is going along with votes and making some erratic posts. On my radar, but not really a serious suspect at this point.
This morning I posted my suspicion of Redwill around 10 minutes to 1, again, and he replied shortly after calling me insane and so on. To me its not like the guy isn't around, because everytime I say something he is quick to respond back. He is never involved in the conversation, but he is aware of whats going on. Again call me paranoid, but it bothers me.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Alright, I am on a conf call from hell, so this is going to be no frills: Ryan Whitney - Senka (Superstar) is waived to Anaheim by an unforgiving village.

Still alive in BUTTMANVILLE:

1. Beerman - Rico Fata
2. Shafnutz - Bob Errey
3. Pavel Bure(killed night 3)
4. Troy Loney
5. Cup Keeper - Don Cherry
6. crayz - Ogie Ogilthorpe (killed night 2)
7. dagny - Jaromir Jagr (killed night 1)
8. Malkamaniac - Marty Straka
9. sdm5055 - Steve McKenna
10. mac5155 - Joe Dziedzic
11. MWB - Jiri Slegr
12. Zarovich - Marian Hossa
13. Redwill - Joey Mullen
14. Azkar - Pierre McGuire (waived by the village day 2)
15. Senka - Ryan Whitney (waived by the village day 3)
16. count2infinity - Eddie Olczyk
17. npv708 - Charlie Conway (killed night 3)
18. Juice - Michael Peca (killed night 1)
19. JS(c) - Gary Roberts
20. Kicksave - Chris Bourque
21. Hockeyguru - Dino Ciccarelli
22. jaysmiter - Wojtek Wolski
23. tfrizz - Joe Sakic
24. PFiDC - Ian Moran
25. IrishEyes - Superstar Max Talbot
26. jwienand - Scott Hartnell (waived by the village day 1)

It is now Night 4. WAKE UP RPs and send canaan, NAN, and me your selections. No posting.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

* Would i ever play a game the same way twice? Come on now. :pop: *

Now I Iz Dead
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »