NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Post by count2infinity »

I switched over because of the reasoning everyone was giving. It made sense that azkar was a goon. Guess the only way not to be so suspicious is to stick with your initial vote and not change?

I'm very suspicious of THG still...not sure if he's a mastermind or just dumb (no offense dude...). And there are a lot of good rational explanations for senka being axed. I'd also be careful with cupkeeper and jay. they both jumped on real quick to vote on me. I know this isn't really a game that you should immediately fight back, because i realize that me changing votes could look a little suspicious, but still... if i do get axed, i think you guys know where to look first.

all that being said i'm going to toss up my vote mostly because i won't be on the rest of the day and go with
waive senka
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I'm very suspicious of THG still...not sure if he's a mastermind or just dumb (no offense dude...).
The last person who was suspicious of me tried to deflect the limelight from themself onto me was a goon, trying to save their behind. If you check back in the thread you can see I had a beat on Azkar before some of you got out of bed in the morning.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

waive THG

I feel like he was kind of riding my coat tails on the redwill argument...part of my strong thoughts on redwill was based on Pavel coming out to defend him...i thought i might have miraculously caught two with one stone...but now seeing that pavel was good guy (and good at catching goons) my theory is debunked...i'm very weary of people blindly following other people at this stage in the game...especially a villager who has no idea whether or not i'm good or bad...unless your bad and know that i'm not bad and your trying to use my bad accusations as a cover for pushing your goon agenda....
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I feel like he was kind of riding my coat tails on the redwill argument...
I'm a bit confused her, if I remember correctly Crayz and Redwill called me out quickly the 1st day for me a noob. My suspicion was cast on both because of their vote on me. With Crayz out the obvious choice for a goon would be Redwill for hoping on the bandwagon. Pavel no doubt was one of the most respected guys on here and he vouched for me. If you are wrong by offing me you are going to live a short life.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

thehockeyguru wrote:
I feel like he was kind of riding my coat tails on the redwill argument...
I'm a bit confused her, if I remember correctly Crayz and Redwill called me out quickly the 1st day for me a noob. My suspicion was cast on both because of their vote on me. With Crayz out the obvious choice for a goon would be Redwill for hoping on the bandwagon. Pavel no doubt was one of the most respected guys on here and he vouched for me. If you are wrong by offing me you are going to live a short life.
I had my reasons and stated them...but you were taking my post and running with it...in a way using my post to push for him being waived...
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I had my reasons and stated them...but you were taking my post and running with it...in a way using my post to push for him being waived...
I think we both have our reasons, but to call me out for riding your coats tails is absurd.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I could get behind a hockeyguru vote today. That's who I originally voted for until I swapped over to Azkar to get the ball rolling on that.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i'm starting to feel more and more like THG is a good RP. not a goon. not sure why.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

waive cupkeeper

he was who I went for last round and I am still in belief he is bad
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

kicksave, I will certainly give you the benefit of the doubt for now. But I am absolutely sold on Senka being a goon. Something just doesn't seem right about him. Synopsis:

Senka - Pretty sure he was trying to save Azkar's life because he was the seer
Kicksave - Not sure...was a late switch, but attempted an explanation this morning
IrishEyes - Another late switch yesterday...have to consider somewhat of a suspect
Troy Loney - Also a new suspect on my list....when the Azkar votes started to gain steam, he made several posts that either tried to protect Azkar or place the blame on someone else (Pavel and redwill). Then, he switched later and pawned the blame off somewhat on THG.

I say, vote for Senka tonight, and then see what happens. But Troy Loney is a very close second after him, with IE and Kicksave as other probable suspects.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Let me add cupkeeper to that list as well....not ready to vote for him yet, but also someone to keep in mind, after I went back and read his posts.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

shafnutz05 wrote:Let me add cupkeeper to that list as well....not ready to vote for him yet, but also someone to keep in mind, after I went back and read his posts.
You've listed half the people left. Way to go out on a limb. :lol:
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

You've listed half the people left. Way to go out on a limb.
Yes, From now on please post only your top 3.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Kicksave wrote:You've listed half the people left. Way to go out on a limb. :lol:
lol....well I got in trouble for doing this before, but for the first time I actually feel like I am in tune with the game. I will shorten my list then to the people I am very suspicious of:

1) Senka
2) Troy Loney
3) cup keeper

That is all :wink:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

waive senka

When he's on and participating, he can be very helpful. However, he hasn't posted much and could be laying low until later in the game. If he's a rp, he would be able to cause a lot of confusion later.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Senka - 3 (count2infinity, shafnutz05, Zarovich)
count2infinity - 3 (mac5155, cupkeeper, jaysmiter)
mac5155 - 1 (Senka)
cupkeeper - 1 (sdm5055)
thehockeyguru - 1 (Troy Loney)

Just did a quick scan, but this should be right.

Lots of votes right off the bat.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Senka - 4 (count2infinity, shafnutz05, Zarovich, MWB)
count2infinity - 3 (mac5155, cupkeeper, jaysmiter)
mac5155 - 1 (Senka)
cupkeeper - 1 (sdm5055)
thehockeyguru - 1 (Troy Loney)

Updated w/ MWB.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Troy - I cant believe you called me out. Do you see me as more of a threat than Redwill now?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

thehockeyguru wrote:Troy - I cant believe you called me out. Do you see me as more of a threat than Redwill now?
Well...your suspicious...and now i'm not suspicious of redwill anymore....the outcome of the azkar vote completely changed that....why is that surprising...and you were very adamany about pursuing redwill during the azkar vote...i feel like you were using my misguided logic to get the vote off azkar...why is that weird...i thought it odd how hard you pushed for redwill following my argument, and then it turns out that you could get behind and push my argument while maybe getting the vote off azkar...
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

i thought it odd how hard you pushed for redwill following my argument, and then it turns out that you could get behind and push my argument while maybe getting the vote off azkar...
My origional hunch was the Redwill was a goon, and I voted that way. If I were to be off'ed in the night everyone could go back and see who i was suspicious of. If you look on page 3 of this thread, I was suspicious of MWB and Azkar. As time went on and MWB was more active my position on him has changed drastically. The same can't be said of Azkar, which is why I had no problem voting him off. Of all the people I was suspicious of those two players. Since I didn't have the votes to get Redwill ousted, my next logical choice was to off Azkar.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

thehockeyguru wrote:
i thought it odd how hard you pushed for redwill following my argument, and then it turns out that you could get behind and push my argument while maybe getting the vote off azkar...
My origional hunch was the Redwill was a goon, and I voted that way. If I were to be off'ed in the night everyone could go back and see who i was suspicious of. If you look on page 3 of this thread, I was suspicious of MWB and Azkar. As time went on and MWB was more active my position on him has changed drastically. The same can't be said of Azkar, which is why I had no problem voting him off. Of all the people I was suspicious of those two players. Since I didn't have the votes to get Redwill ousted, my next logical choice was to off Azkar.

You called out azkar early in the game?

Oh...i missed that...can you post that again? I don't feel like fishing through, I'd take the vote off you for sure if you did.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

thehockeyguru wrote:
2) He asked if he should reply to all mods - that makes me think he is an RP and since he was wasn't killed on night one by whatever the bad people are....that makes me think he is a bad people.
I was asking this question even before I got my role. Two good guys got whacked the first night and you are going to ax me on a whim?

I haven't played the game before on this board, but I have played before. I'm not voting anyone off at this point. I need more informartion.

Page 3.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Alright....not sure what to think of the whole THG-Troy Loney deal. I am almost positive one of them is a goon, but not sure which. For now though, I think we need to get the ball rolling on Senka. Here is his record so far:

Round 1: Absent

Round 2: Voted for JS (Gary Roberts) for some obscure reason about Roberts being overrated...noncommittal and nonrisky vote. At the same time, he made a suggestion that Azkar always gets picked on early (and maybe we should "keep that in mind" as a reason to not vote for him).

Round 3: Made another noncommittal vote for mac, someone who hasn't been on anyone's radar. Used the reasoning "well you voted for me, and that makes you a goon!"

Senka has been extremely sharp in picking out goons in the past...I thought Azkar's goonery was pretty obvious, but it's like he completely missed the ball. Either Senka is off his game this time around, or he is a goon. I think it is clearly the latter....he ain't stupid.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

thehockeyguru wrote:
....we usually ax on a whim on the first day...where do you plan on getting more information (relevant information)?

I made that same mistake before commenting on a writeup...
It seems a little bit odd that malkamaniac would say that. Thats all the info we really got. My first thought was that it could be someone who hasn't engaged themself in any conversation.

I am suspicious of Jiri Slegr (MWB) and Pierre McGuire (Azkar)

Sorry I clicked the wrong quote. Page 3.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I'm agreeing with the reasoning behind Shaf's vote to waive senka. Be careful trying to deflect votes from another player as that player might be a goon. I think he knew something about it anyway. It doesnt hurt to get rid of an over hyped d-man anyway :pop: