Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Post by PensFanInDC »

count2infinity wrote:claim THG

waive Joe Mullen

if the goons don't kill off THG tonight, then i say we do it tomorrow...here's why:

1. If he is a goon then we've got a goon out of the way
2. If he is a goon then we can attack those that were defending him because chances are they are goons too
3. If he's not a goon, and a good RP, then why haven't the goons just axed him already? Doesn't make much sense to me...of course i've never played this game online before.
This doesnt make sense to me.

What this could do is (if THG is NOT a goon) let the goons axe someone else and let us take care of THG tomorrow. 2 more superstars gone for the price of one.

I'm not sold on this theory....BUT....I do have some suspicion about THG because of the whole crayz/pm thing. That's all I have to go on for that.

Pavel made a very good argument for Azkar IMO. His reasoning is why I am voting to waive Azkar

There is just so little to go on this early. Due to lack of any real concrete evidence I gotta go with my gut.

Sorry Azkar, but flip-flop voting, especially this early is a red flag in my book. It confuses the team/village and makes you seem suspicious.

Later on in the game it can make sense to change a vote so fast if someone brings credible evidence to the table but when it's this early, make a vote and stick with it. We all know crap about crap right now anyway.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

We all know crap about crap right now anyway.
Indeed.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

PfiDC I'm on agreement with you. It's day 2, we have no idea, and we need basically another move.

Waive Azkar
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Sorry Azkar, but flip-flop voting, especially this early is a red flag in my book. It confuses the team/village and makes you seem suspicious.
I don't agree with this at all....espcecially when there's no bandwagon on the first vote....we needed 13 votes for the first kill and the sentiment of the village was definitely not concrete...a lot of different people were getting votes....flip flopping was necessary to reach a majority.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Troy Loney wrote:
I don't agree with this at all....espcecially when there's no bandwagon on the first vote....we needed 13 votes for the first kill and the sentiment of the village was definitely not concrete...a lot of different people were getting votes....flip flopping was necessary to reach a majority.
I see your point but when Azkar flopped on his vote for day 2 there was no bandwagon to jump on really. Not enough votes had been cast.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

PensFanInDC wrote:Later on in the game it can make sense to change a vote so fast if someone brings credible evidence to the table but when it's this early, make a vote and stick with it. We all know crap about crap right now anyway.
This is why I never like to be the first to vote. He threw in an early vote because of the evidence yesterday and someone brought up a good point and he changed his mind. I don't think the vote swapping is an indication of him being a RP, although it's quite possible and as good of a vote as any at this point. Troy also has a good argument against redwill, so who the eff knows at this point.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

I'm with Troy. It's easy to go after THG with the crayz death, but between the three of them, I'm much more suspicious of redwill. With trying to be the "good guy," it just seems that it's made him all the more a goon. I hope that makes sense to other people.

Chances are, we're all barking up the wrong tree, and the goons want it that way, but if we take care of it now, then we'll be free to look at other players.

waive Joe Mullen (redwill)
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
I thought PfiDC was talking about just after this phase. He voted on THG immediately then backed off. No majority was needed.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

waive azkar
I think the argument for him is as solid as the argument for anyone else.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

MWB wrote:waive azkar
I think the argument for him is as solid as the argument for anyone else.
Just to clarify, I'm not talking about the vote switching part, just agreeing with the point that pavel made last night.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
I thought PfiDC was talking about just after this phase. He voted on THG immediately then backed off. No majority was needed.
Oh...my mistake....so yeah....that is a little goony to be second guessing your votes like that.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

waive azkar

I am of the opinion that:

a) THG is some type of independent RP, because if he was part of the goons they would have told him to throttle back a while ago
b) redwill? Well, don't have a feeling on him either way, but Azkar just strikes me the wrong way.

It makes sense for Azkar to want to immediately try and start a bandwagon on THG. Assuming THG is some type of independent role player (and the goons assume this, I think), if he is allowed another night phase, he may reveal something or kill off a goon. When Azkar realized that he was much too quick to push THG over the cliff, he pulled back a half an hour after his initial vote.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

a little off topic...

Do we think there might be some way to make early stage voting a little more in depth? It's all just a shot in the dark for 3 or 4 days before any real evidence can make it's way into a game. I have no idea how it could be done or if it's even possible. Just a thought.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

PensFanInDC wrote:a little off topic...

Do we think there might be some way to make early stage voting a little more in depth? It's all just a shot in the dark for 3 or 4 days before any real evidence can make it's way into a game. I have no idea how it could be done or if it's even possible. Just a thought.
we're basically doing it right now, no? The past games I've played it's been just bandwagon off. This game, people are thinking and speaking their thoughts logically.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I really have no beat on Azkar, but I really haven't been paying attention to what has been going on with him. I seem to be tangled up in a separate sub-plot involving Crayz and Redwill.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

thehockeyguru wrote:I really have no beat on Azkar, but I really haven't been paying attention to what has been going on with him. I seem to be tangled up in a separate sub-plot involving Crayz and Redwill.
If you think the last few games involved bandwagoning on the first few days, you should've played the first couple WW. We'd lynch someone in an hour on the first day :lol:
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

beerman wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:I really have no beat on Azkar, but I really haven't been paying attention to what has been going on with him. I seem to be tangled up in a separate sub-plot involving Crayz and Redwill.
If you think the last few games involved bandwagoning on the first few days, you should've played the first couple WW. We'd lynch someone in an hour on the first day :lol:
crap I quoted the wrong post that was for Malks post
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

beerman wrote:If you think the last few games involved bandwagoning on the first few days, you should've played the first couple WW. We'd lynch someone in an hour on the first day :lol:
Ah, I miss those days. :lol: Games took a week to play.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

The only thing stopping me from voting for Azkar right now is he's going to be the victim of the crayz/hockeyguru drama from earlier. It's all a cluster*pizza* at this point and I almost would like to see it play out one more day to see what happens with hockeyguru. It's a good chance both are RPs, whether they're goons or independent.

It's a toss up between redwill and Azkar.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

IrishEyes wrote:
beerman wrote:If you think the last few games involved bandwagoning on the first few days, you should've played the first couple WW. We'd lynch someone in an hour on the first day :lol:
Ah, I miss those days. :lol: Games took a week to play.
yeah those were the best, a week was taking long too
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

To me Akzar is a subplot from what happened with Crayz, Redwill, and I. I am all for waiving Redwill and then giving everyone a chance to decide who needs to be whacked between Akzar and me.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

THG, I am detecting a little too much of the "and then we will just see if it's my time to go" vibe from you. Saying that you want to give a chance for everyone to decide whether you should be gone is trying way too hard to appear helpful and selfless. That doesn't go far in this game :)
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:To me Akzar is a subplot from what happened with Crayz, Redwill, and I. I am all for waiving Redwill and then giving everyone a chance to decide who needs to be whacked between Akzar and me.
Day two of trying to get redwill out. lol
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Saying that you want to give a chance for everyone to decide whether you should be gone is trying way too hard to appear helpful and selfless. That doesn't go far in this game
I am going to do my best to help my team win. To me the best way of getting some of this resolved is by offing Redwill. I was suspicious of both him and Crayz because of Crayz's bandwagon vote on me from the start. I voted to waive crayz because he was the first to vote me. In retrospect it probably would have been best to vote Redwill because he was the one to quickly hop on the bandwagon.

If speaking candidly is going to mean my quick exit thats fine, I just am trying to express my thoughts in hopes that it may help.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

PensFanInDC wrote:a little off topic...

Well we could interrogate each and every person and out all the role players?

Here are my thoughts....the first day Redwill, Crayz and THG were all bickering w/each other...then we all vote for scott hartnell because he's scott hartnell...there were some votes for malk because he posted after the writeup...but he got upset because he wanted to play and was going to get voted off the first day, so thats what prompted to scott hartnell because he's a quiet player and we deemed a quiet player better to off than an active player.

Redwill made some post about not changing his vote to scott hartnell, because hartnell isn't on his "radar"...i dont think hartnell made a post all game...of course, he's not on anyone's "radar"....i read that as redwill's "radar" is his being a goon and knowing that hartnell isnt a goon, and trying to vein village cred by not participating in the vote for a superstar...

and then pavel defended redwill's post....for no reason....no one voted for redwill, nothign was going on, nothing needed to be said there....twice i remember a player defending another player this early in the game...last game shaftnutz tried to defend zaro (they were both bad)...way back, canaan defended juice when no killing iminent (they were both bad)....that to me is a red flag....everyone is out for themselves at this point in the game, nor does anyone know anything either way...except the goons...

so thats where i stand...