NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Post by thehockeyguru »

Why eliminate me if the village is going to do it for them?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

ugh, work sucks for making me have to read up on all this all at once.

After reading the last few pages, I see the Akzar suspicion although I don’t know if it’s so much of him being a goon or if he’s just reading too much into the crayz/hockeyguru thing. It was the obvious ploy of the goons to frame him. As of right now, he’s as good of a target as any.

Zarovich is also on my suspicion list. The guy posted once thus far, and it was a random vote for mac5155 in the beginning. Now he just comes in and throws a random vote for tfrizz? Is he just being random or is there something else behind his randomness?

At this point, I’m not ready to waive anyone just because I want to see more of this play out. Although Akzar is the choice my brain wants me to make, Zarovich is my gut instinct.

I have a busy morning, but will try to pop in and out between meetings.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

thehockeyguru wrote:Why eliminate me if the village is going to do it for them?
Well...there's no definitive reason to believe that you are a role player....just something you said in passing

and also....there's the possibility that even if you have a role, it is not a threatning role to the goons....plus they might have their own investigative person that they used to look at you and see what you are...

My instinct is to just not kill you now....but if you survive this night phase then the goons aren't threatned by you, or you are a goon...(then you should probably be killed)
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I think at this point, if thehockeyguru doesn't get killed tonight, it's obvious he's either the angel protecting himself or a goon.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I see your point. I am still suspicious of Redwill and Malkamaniac.
By all means, if you guys want to take out a player that is here to win, and has provided nothing but credible information in the past, by all means do so. bandwagoning a player like myself is
What does presenting relevent information in the past have to do with your role in a new game?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

waive redwill

1. I'm not sure any of the three arguers (THG, Crayz or Redwill) are goons...but there was definitely something going on there, and crayz was killed to deflect more blame on THG...we don't have much to go on...but out of the people remaining the odds of one of those three being bad is higher than the odds of any one single person being bad....i'm not sure if i'm conveying this properly...but it makes sense in my head.

2. I didn't like the "look at me, I'm not voting for Scott Hartnell" post. The only people that would definitively know whether or not hartnell is a goon are the goons or the seer if he looked at scott hartnell last night....since i'm going to just assume that chances are you arent the seer who happened to look at hartnell last night, your a goon trying to put on an act of not wanting to hurt the village...even though it was blatantly obvious that he was going to get waived and not malkamaniac.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I felt the same way. It would have been easy to oust me last night, but it didn't happen. All the blame is pointed at me for defending myself against crayz. I think the goons are hoping to get the village to turn on me and get a cheap kill.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Waive Joe Mullen (Redwill)
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

thehockeyguru wrote:From the start of the game Crayz cast doubt on me because I was new and because of the PM question. For this reason I was suspicious of him and Redwill for quickly jumping to conclusions. I voted Crayz initially because I wanted to make known who ousted me. In the end I rescinded my Crayz vote because there was just not enough information. I find it interesting that Redwill would quickly tag a long with Crayz to get me two quick votes, but with Scott Hartnell try and be the voice of reason.
Suspicion of you was not that out of line. I'm not really wary of anyone who was questioning you because of some of your early actions. However, I'm in the camp that thinks that you're basically a regular villager.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

claim THG

waive Joe Mullen

if the goons don't kill off THG tonight, then i say we do it tomorrow...here's why:

1. If he is a goon then we've got a goon out of the way
2. If he is a goon then we can attack those that were defending him because chances are they are goons too
3. If he's not a goon, and a good RP, then why haven't the goons just axed him already? Doesn't make much sense to me...of course i've never played this game online before.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

count2infinity wrote:Here's my question... IF THG is a role player, and not a goon, then why haven't the mafia taken him out yet? If he's a role player and not a goon, then that means he's probably a good guy role player. wouldn't the mafia want to eliminate that person first? just wondering...
From the goon perspective, why eliminate him when he's causing this much debate? If he's a regular than they know the village will just focus on this and argue about it and they can use it to their advantage.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

4. and if he's a villager...well then we've lost another :(
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I dont think the suspicion is out of line either. So what conclusions can we draw from Crayz getting whacked?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

thehockeyguru wrote:I dont think the suspicion is out of line either. So what conclusions can we draw from Crayz getting whacked?
It was probably just a diversionary tactic..
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Kicksave wrote: Zarovich is also on my suspicion list. The guy posted once thus far, and it was a random vote for mac5155 in the beginning. Now he just comes in and throws a random vote for tfrizz? Is he just being random or is there something else behind his randomness?
Isn't this Zaro's MO every game?
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

3. If he's not a goon, and a good RP, then why haven't the goons just axed him already? Doesn't make much sense to me...of course i've never played this game online before.
To me because there is already doubt on me, there is no reason for the goons to off me. If they off me in the night the goons then lose someone the villagers are suspicious of and would turn their attention elsewhere.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

MWB wrote:
Kicksave wrote: Zarovich is also on my suspicion list. The guy posted once thus far, and it was a random vote for mac5155 in the beginning. Now he just comes in and throws a random vote for tfrizz? Is he just being random or is there something else behind his randomness?
pretty much, I think we kill him off for the same reason every game
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

thehockeyguru wrote:I dont think the suspicion is out of line either. So what conclusions can we draw from Crayz getting whacked?
Nothing, in my mind. Trying to draw conclusions from it is exactly what the goons would want us to do.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

thehockeyguru wrote:
To me because there is already doubt on me, there is no reason for the goons to off me. If they off me in the night the goons then lose someone the villagers are suspicious of and would turn their attention elsewhere.
I agree with this, if they leave you go it just creates more suspicion on you. At the same time that's terrible for the village and no matter what we'll keep coming back to you. So it could be just as good to get it done and over with and find out for sure.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

beerman wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
I agree with this, if they leave you go it just creates more suspicion on you. At the same time that's terrible for the village and no matter what we'll keep coming back to you. So it could be just as good to get it done and over with and find out for sure.
my thoughts too...but we can save it for tomorrow...
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I'm leaning towards azkar right now, but would probably go with a redwill vote. The problem for me is that redwill seems to be a good contributor and azkar is usually pretty quiet.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

MWB wrote:
Now, I only play every few games but how often is he a role player? He's a good player from what I remember of the WW days.

Like I said, it's just a gut feeling and I wouldn't vote for him until later because you don't know if he's just being random or if he's a silent killer. If the angel is out there, I would suggest investigating him some night.

I can get behind a redwill or Akzar vote, as of right now. Leaning more towards redwill after Troy's analysis just because it seems to be the most complete analysis we have going for us.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I've read all the way up and I'm current. I must say, I agree with what Troy Loney is saying. I also agree with the whole "look at me I voted so and so argument." My mind sways towards redwill, however I'm just not there enough to vote for him yet.

Also count2infinity brings up good points about what's going on and what can be done after said waiving.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I also agree with count2infinity's analysis of hockeyguru.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

That certainly seems like the right thing to do, but hopefully there are no unwarranted retaliantions on the people calling for my head.