NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Post by Troy Loney »

thehockeyguru wrote:
I'll switch from to a quiet player...i'd like to provide a reasonable explanation for the move...but it would just be BS...
Why did you sour on malkamaniac?
Flip Flopping....i'm not going to spearhead any kill right now....are you trying to encourage me to do that?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

wow, hockey, you really want to live that bad? Are you worried bout sumfin?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Current count:

Zaro - 1 (mac)
Malkamaniac - 5 (count2infinity, pavel, npv, sdm, redwill)
Hockeyguru - 1 (zaro)
Senka - 1 (beerman)
jwienand - 6 (pfidc, crayz, malks, shafnutz, tfrizz, troy)
crayz - 1 (hockeyguru)

13 TO WAIVE
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

claim Whitney

waive Marty Straka

Malks seems pretty defensive for the first day. Plus he's always tough to get a read on and creates confusion for the village.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Flip Flopping....i'm not going to spearhead any kill right now....are you trying to encourage me to do that?
No i was just wondering because you seemed like you were pretty sold on Malkamaniac. I know I cant say with any certainty that we have to vote someone off, so I can understand your back tracking.

Redwill why your change of heart on me?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

beerman wrote:claim Whitney

waive Marty Straka

Malks seems pretty defensive for the first day. Plus he's always tough to get a read on and creates confusion for the village.

I'm defensive because this is a fun game and it sucks going out the first day.. Other than that. Do what you gotta do lol.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

What's with all the analysis on day one? Bandwagoning is so much more fun.

waive scott hartnell (jwienand)

Dude, really? Scott Hartnell? Not smart.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Im not sure why being defensive or wanting to stay alive is considered proof or evidence that someone is a goon.

We all signed up because we want to play, not so we can get axed.

The last game I played, I was very defensive about being voted out the first day and I was the bird. I was also very defensive when I was nothing but a regular villager. I've never been anything but the 2 and tried everything I could to not get voted out every game.

I would act the same way if I was a goon or a wolf.

Being defensive, IMO, means nothing since everyone will use thier own strategy when voting goes in their direction.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

PensFanInDC wrote:Im not sure why being defensive or wanting to stay alive is considered proof or evidence that someone is a goon.

We all signed up because we want to play, not so we can get axed.

The last game I played, I was very defensive about being voted out the first day and I was the bird. I was also very defensive when I was nothing but a regular villager. I've never been anything but the 2 and tried everything I could to not get voted out every game.

I would act the same way if I was a goon or a wolf.

Being defensive, IMO, means nothing since everyone will use thier own strategy when voting goes in their direction.

ding ding ding. Also, I've only crated confusion once and that was with slappy. I've done what I can, if people vote, then they vote I guess. I think it's entirely stupid to take a vocal player out right off the bat, but what ya gonna do.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

thehockeyguru wrote:Redwill why your change of heart on me?
If you read my posts on page 2, you'll see that I was following crayz' reasoning for the moment. I made clear that it was a preliminary vote. I said that I'd be willing to switch to Malkamaniac. He is looking more and more suspicious. Wouldn't you agree? That's why I switched.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I will say, however, that I have used defensive tactics to stay alive that didnt help the village/team move forward. It can be selfish to do so as it MIGHT not help the good guys win. But this all goes toward my argument that being defensive means nothing
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

thehockeyguru wrote:
No i was just wondering because you seemed like you were pretty sold on Malkamaniac. I know I cant say with any certainty that we have to vote someone off, so I can understand your back tracking.

Redwill why your change of heart on me?
I'm trying to bandwagon because i don't want to out any role players on the first day...and if we keep calling people out and upping the vote totals on several people we're more likely to do that....thats all....
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Malkamaniac wrote:ding ding ding. Also, I've only crated confusion once and that was with slappy. I've done what I can, if people vote, then they vote I guess. I think it's entirely stupid to take a vocal player out right off the bat, but what ya gonna do.
There really isn't too many quiet people in this game, the only ones are really Azkar or sdm they always seem to get axed for being quiet and some new players, but who knows how much they'll participate.

I'd much rather just bandwagon somebody in 10 minutes on the first day but that never happens anymore :( So then we get into these pointless debates about so and so can't be because they reacted this way, but this guy had a suspicious quote before the game so lets get him but wait this guy reacted wierd so let's go this way, way too much :scared: for the first day.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I'm trying to bandwagon because i don't want to out any role players on the first day...and if we keep calling people out and upping the vote totals on several people we're more likely to do that....thats all....
I feel the same way. Has Hartnell said anything yet today?
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Malkamaniac wrote:wow, hockey, you really want to live that bad? Are you worried bout sumfin?
The exact same could be said for you. Not to mention even if he was worried about something it's not like he's gonna come out and say he's mobbed up. I gotta say I'm still liking my original vote for you. It doesn't matter to me that you're active. You can be active all you want, still make a mistake, and still be mob.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

agreed beerman...it's completely random, unless you get lucky and the boss makes a bunch of horrible mistakes on the first day like someone did last round.. :face:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:wow, hockey, you really want to live that bad? Are you worried bout sumfin?
The exact same could be said for you. Not to mention even if he was worried about something it's not like he's gonna come out and say he's mobbed up. I gotta say I'm still liking my original vote for you. It doesn't matter to me that you're active. You can be active all you want, still make a mistake, and still be mob.
Meh, I'm not worried anymore, do what you guys feel is right. I'm happy as long as we get a win this time.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

shafnutz05 wrote:agreed beerman...it's completely random, unless you get lucky and the boss makes a bunch of horrible mistakes on the first day like someone did last round.. :face:
I was thinking the same thing. :lol:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Message from Hockey:

I am not worried that you are mafia, you and I seem to be thrusted into similar positions because of how people took what we said. I am not so sure about Crayz and Redwill. What are your thoughts?

Why are you telling me I'm mafia and pushing me to vote for crazy or red?
Please don't message me as it ruins the game, ask it here.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Can anyone tell me who has yet to say anything so far?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

claim scott hartnell

waive Hockeyguru

never e-mail a person, claiming that the person is something and ask for advice.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Ok just to clarify. THG didnt realize he could not PM other persons regarding the game. He has been told otherwise now.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

:pop:
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

:face: