**Nintendo Mafia - Game Thread**

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: **Nintendo Mafia - Game Thread**

Post by Malkamaniac »

About the only thing I really do know is that I'm one of the green people who can't do anything but be confused :(
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Alright, just caught up on all of that (hopefully i didn't miss anything this time...) This game has been really hard to follow sometimes, but in such a good way...it really forces you to think.

So whats the gameplan?

Go after quiet players (ie. cheesesteakwithegg) or go after those that Zarovich cleared (ie. Beerman or wallflower)?

I think either work for me. If we go after quiet players i doubt we hit any role players, but there could be bosses being quiet. Or if we go after beerman or wallflower we can see if they are bosses. I do doubt that he would've been stupid enough to actually expose bosses though, since he probably figured his time was nearing...

Nice work, Juice.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

npv708 wrote:Alright, just caught up on all of that (hopefully i didn't miss anything this time...) This game has been really hard to follow sometimes, but in such a good way...it really forces you to think.

So whats the gameplan?

Go after quiet players (ie. cheesesteakwithegg) or go after those that Zarovich cleared (ie. Beerman or wallflower)?

I think either work for me. If we go after quiet players i doubt we hit any role players, but there could be bosses being quiet. Or if we go after beerman or wallflower we can see if they are bosses. I do doubt that he would've been stupid enough to actually expose bosses though, since he probably figured his time was nearing...

Nice work, Juice.
From what I have gathered so far, is that cheesesteakwithegg is new to this game? Maybe he's an rp who doesn't know how to play?
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

npv708 wrote:Alright, just caught up on all of that (hopefully i didn't miss anything this time...) This game has been really hard to follow sometimes, but in such a good way...it really forces you to think.

So whats the gameplan?

Nice work, Juice.
wallflower i'm not sure on...she played us pretty good in slug wars I. I can't see zaro lying about beerman as his first investigation. I gotta think he would have posted a few real ones first for credibility?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

crayz wrote:

So whats the gameplan?

Nice work, Juice.
wallflower i'm not sure on...she played us pretty good in slug wars I. I can't see zaro lying about beerman as his first investigation. I gotta think he would have posted a few real ones first for credibility?
I'm curious to know if these were even real investigations...ie. He kept investigating people other than those he was saying, I mean occasionally he would investigate people of special interest - ie. juice, but he could've just said yeah i investigated so and so, but really investigated so and so.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

i just think we should completely ignore anything from Zaro except for what has been confirmed
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I'm going with LTT.

He is on here and hasn't said much at all in this game.

delete LTT
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

cheesesteakwithegg has been posting in other threads as well. He actually did post in this one at the beginning a few times but since has been pretty quiet.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

crayz wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
crayz wrote:So for those outside Slappy...Do we believe Slappy is good?
I have no idea. He did help us get Troy. That buys enough goodwill for me for right now.

I wish I had slappy's power though. Would be good stuff.
I'm not saying slappy is bad, but after the zaro thing i'm not quick to back him. Why of all people would he investigate (his one investigation?) Troy? Zaro game out on the first day....I would think the first thing you would do is investigate zaro to make sure he is on the up and up. Troy is just an odd pick and ended up being the bomb.

Don't forget, Juice said he tried to kill zaro once and basically that he would try again. That night Juice gets bound (possible ability of Slappy?), then the next day slappy comes out and names troy and pushed the vote off of zaro.

just interesting.
I just got back and am on page 41. The reason I chose Tory is bc I was suspicious of him from the start for the congrats on protecting yourself. I specifically built a record after that to show that Troy was my suspect. I stand on that.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Ok so not much developed. I can get behind a malk vote. Sdm also I am curious about. Crayz still a bit. Does someone have the hstory wth respect to lynch votes as well as the current count?
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

I went back and read through some of mac's posts and I'm alright with him for now. (I found that several of his posts I was attributing to others, which would explain why I didn't remember him posting.)

I wouldn't be opposed to switching to malkamaniac if that's the way everyone else wants/decides to go but, for now, I'm going to delete LITT.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

I've been in and out due to classes. I'm going to go after cheesesteak, if he's a RP he has been silently sending in his PMs, if not then he is a regular villager and no harm will come from that

delete Cheesesteak
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I think our best option is to try to get somewhere with some of the quiets.... cheesesteak, LITT, and sdm as others have said. I'm not as suspicious of malk because pretty early on he said that he wasn't that into the game because it was confusing. Don't know though, maybe that was just to provide cover.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Vote Count

Malkamaniac - 2 - (JoseCuervo, mac5155)

LITT - 2 - (NAN, wallflower)

Cheesesteakwithegg - 1 - (Azkar)

With 16 alive it takes 9 to delete

Deadline is 10:00 AM Saturday
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I think the hardest thing about this is that with this game I've been cosntantly playing catch up. I missed the first two days, and Mike Tyson just doesn't compute.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

So no lock over the weekend I take it?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MWB wrote:I think our best option is to try to get somewhere with some of the quiets.... cheesesteak, LITT, and sdm as others have said. I'm not as suspicious of malk because pretty early on he said that he wasn't that into the game because it was confusing. Don't know though, maybe that was just to provide cover.

I'm with this. I'd rather take out one or two of the quiets. I don't have much to go on anymore after Zaro was whacked.

It's probably better to either:

1) get them out so that later in the game, when we are trying to see patterns, we won't have anything ot go on with them

2) they may talk when the heat is on.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

class 1-5 (central), hopefully something happens by then
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

If we are to go for a quiet, i'd say sdm.

Reasons: He has been active in previous games, this one is different.
Zaro voted for cheesesteak...maybe because he investigated him or just knew he wasn't a boss
Litt voted for zaro on the first day...Once juice started a zaro vote, Litt jumped in and right away voted for him. Looked like a random day 1 bandwagon - which makes no sense to bandwagon on your detective

delete sdm
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Thers only like 7 people playing this game :(
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

slappybrown wrote:Thers only like 7 people playing this game :(

:(
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I've made an executive decision, on something I think you guys should be allowed to know:

**There is no recruiting in this game.**

(Sorry, if you don't like me telling them that, Pavel, but I strongly believe they should at least know that detail.)
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

dagny wrote:I've made an executive decision, on something I think you guys should be allowed to know:

(Sorry, if you don't like me telling them that, Pavel, but I strongly believe they should at least know that detail.)
**Since it's out there already I won't delete it. Night roles continue sending your PMs to me. Dagny isn't helping mod the game any longer**
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Pavel Bure wrote:
dagny wrote:I've made an executive decision, on something I think you guys should be allowed to know:

**Since it's out there already I won't delete it. Night roles continue sending your PMs to me. Dagny isn't helping mod the game any longer**
Mod fight! Mod fight!
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Well, that clears things up a bit. If I were a boss I'd be pretty annoyed at that revelation.