**Nintendo Mafia - Game Thread**

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: **Nintendo Mafia - Game Thread**

Post by MWB »

beerman wrote:
MWB wrote:So I wonder how many bad guys are left? I also wonder if they have recruited, or if they even have the ability to recruit. That could be another possible reason for lack of boss kill last night.
Being that shafnutz was killed off so early they might not have had a chance to recruit, if that ability is lost once the alpha/main boss dies, like all the other games.
Yeah, that's why I was wondering if they have that ability.

Here's another role. Traitor:
http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Traitor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

wow, nice call Juice!!!! I saw nothing of a boss detective on teh website, i saw a few people here mention it but didn't really believe that was possible. wow

so...where does this put us with slappy? Could he be another boss that was working with zaro? Maybe they decided to give up Troy knowing that Juice was after zaro and wanted to have another voice of input?

like someone else said, back to square one....our "safe list" isn't so safe i guess
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Well I can tell you why no one died last night at the hands of the bosses (presuming they targeted me). They cant kill me in the fashion they attempted.

I have a confession, there is no "detective's assistant" role. I made it up. I do have some investigative powers (as you say by my knowing what Troy was), and I also have other powers, and cannot be killed but for in specific ways. The reason I didn't say that yesterday and instead made up the detectives assistant role is that I hoped npv would not protect me (presuming npv is even a good guy) and let the mafia try to kill me, thereby wasting a kill, because they cant kill me in a regular night whacking. Though they are certainly welcome to try every evening from here on out :).

I could not investigate last night due to the limitations of my role. I do have certain abilities this evening however.

Total mindbleep I know, but I had to for the good of the village, because this way we got a boss in Troy, they wasted an attempted kill on me, and someone wound up killing their detective.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'd like to hear what slappy has to say before anything is really set.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

crayz wrote:
so...where does this put us with slappy? Could he be another boss that was working with zaro? Maybe they decided to give up Troy knowing that Juice was after zaro and wanted to have another voice of input?

like someone else said, back to square one....our "safe list" isn't so safe i guess
I think that's way too risky knowing that Zaro was already under the gun. I doubt they would want to potentially lose two bosses this close to each other. And Slappy wasn't working with Zaro, he was just an assistant in name. They didn't share info, if I remember what he said yesterday correctly.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Malkamaniac wrote:I'd like to hear what slappy has to say before anything is really set.
I think I'd rather not have heard what he had to say.
:scared:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Crayz continues to be on my radar, as do the people that just asked about waiting to hear from me. The reason you ask that is because you are wondering -- WHY THE HELL WONT YOU DIE!

So that adds malks, beerman, and NAN to the list with crazy as suspects in my book. Malks has been playing it cool this game in comparison to his previous styles also.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

newarenanow wrote:
Juice wrote:If my allegiance isn't obvious at this point, it never will be.
Or you could have shot him knowing it was a win/win regardless. :wink:
Ummmmm... about that...

Doing what it takes to get the vote to 10 to get rid of a boss:
Juice wrote:i'll make it 9
Juice wrote:undelete whoever i said before
delete troy
Providing solid logic as to why Zaro should have been deleted earlier:
Juice wrote:It's stupid to think that Zaro is still a good guy. Think about it logically... If the bosses know that Zaro and npv are the detective and doctor respectively (which they would), they HAVE to take 50/50 odds every night that they're going to get the one that isn't being protected, because they CANNOT afford to let the detective keep uncovering things. There are enough hints out there that Zaro should have gotten a second boss by now, but surprise surprise, all he's done is uncover other role players AND THEN EXPOSE THEM. They have not even attempted to delete Zaro or npv once, too fishy imo.
First attempt to get him deleted:
Juice wrote:delete Zarovich
Shredder must die!
Who do you think I was talking about?:
Juice wrote:Curse you, roleblocker! I know I had another boss :(
Taking out a obvi-boss when the heros couldn't:
Juice wrote:Oh, and you guys are welcome for me picking off shafnutz... I just wanted to make sure to knock him down a peg after he escaped that deletion.
Another attempt to get rid of him:
Juice wrote:I tried to kill Zaro the night I got roleblocked. I still think, and have always thought he's a bad guy.
I just straight revenge killed redwill.
Yet ANOTHER attempt to get rid of him:
Juice wrote:delete zarovich
Just like I said from the beginning.
Now what were you saying again?
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Well, I enjoyed it while it lasted!
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

By the way, I have a meeting from 11-1230 or so, in case discussions/talks ramp up.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

slappybrown wrote:Well I can tell you why no one died last night at the hands of the bosses (presuming they targeted me). They cant kill me in the fashion they attempted.

I have a confession, there is no "detective's assistant" role. I made it up. I do have some investigative powers (as you say by my knowing what Troy was), and I also have other powers, and cannot be killed but for in specific ways. The reason I didn't say that yesterday and instead made up the detectives assistant role is that I hoped npv would not protect me (presuming npv is even a good guy) and let the mafia try to kill me, thereby wasting a kill, because they cant kill me in a regular night whacking. Though they are certainly welcome to try every evening from here on out :).

I could not investigate last night due to the limitations of my role. I do have certain abilities this evening however.

Total mindbleep I know, but I had to for the good of the village, because this way we got a boss in Troy, they wasted an attempted kill on me, and someone wound up killing their detective.
I wish you really didn't give out that much information and would have kept the bosses wondering.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

I'm so confused right now. I like not knowing what roles exist though.

Off to class, won't be back for awhile
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

slappybrown wrote:Crayz continues to be on my radar, as do the people that just asked about waiting to hear from me. The reason you ask that is because you are wondering -- WHY THE HELL WONT YOU DIE!

So that adds malks, beerman, and NAN to the list with crazy as suspects in my book. Malks has been playing it cool this game in comparison to his previous styles also.
Ah, I asked because you said you were investigating someone last night, and before I start throwing names out there, I didn't know if you found another boss or not.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

slappybrown wrote:Crayz continues to be on my radar
can I ask why? Is it because last game I said I didn't think you have the uber strategy skill? :pop:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Juice wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Juice wrote:If my allegiance isn't obvious at this point, it never will be.
Or you could have shot him knowing it was a win/win regardless. :wink:
Ummmmm... about that...

Doing what it takes to get the vote to 10 to get rid of a boss:
Juice wrote:i'll make it 9
Juice wrote:undelete whoever i said before
delete troy
Providing solid logic as to why Zaro should have been deleted earlier:
Juice wrote:It's stupid to think that Zaro is still a good guy. Think about it logically... If the bosses know that Zaro and npv are the detective and doctor respectively (which they would), they HAVE to take 50/50 odds every night that they're going to get the one that isn't being protected, because they CANNOT afford to let the detective keep uncovering things. There are enough hints out there that Zaro should have gotten a second boss by now, but surprise surprise, all he's done is uncover other role players AND THEN EXPOSE THEM. They have not even attempted to delete Zaro or npv once, too fishy imo.
First attempt to get him deleted:
Juice wrote:delete Zarovich
Shredder must die!
Who do you think I was talking about?:
Juice wrote:Curse you, roleblocker! I know I had another boss :(
Taking out a obvi-boss when the heros couldn't:
Juice wrote:Oh, and you guys are welcome for me picking off shafnutz... I just wanted to make sure to knock him down a peg after he escaped that deletion.
Another attempt to get rid of him:
Juice wrote:I tried to kill Zaro the night I got roleblocked. I still think, and have always thought he's a bad guy.
I just straight revenge killed redwill.
Yet ANOTHER attempt to get rid of him:
Juice wrote:delete zarovich
Just like I said from the beginning.
Now what were you saying again?
I don't see anything there to prove that you are on the villages side. :pop:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

slappybrown wrote:Well I can tell you why no one died last night at the hands of the bosses (presuming they targeted me). They cant kill me in the fashion they attempted.

So what exactly do you do then? Is this pulling one of those I'm the angel and giving up a bad guy to keep someone else alive move?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

newarenanow wrote:
slappybrown wrote:Crayz continues to be on my radar, as do the people that just asked about waiting to hear from me. The reason you ask that is because you are wondering -- WHY THE HELL WONT YOU DIE!

Ah, I asked because you said you were investigating someone last night, and before I start throwing names out there, I didn't know if you found another boss or not.
Fair enough, the reason I made my other post is that randomly fingering someone when you ask who I investigated isnt helping. So my options were to explain why I didnt investigate or make up a random target. Also you dont know my role and its powers.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

newarenanow wrote:

Yeah, I don't think it's that strange to wonder who you investigated. You said you were going to, you already exposed your role... there's really no reason for people to not wait for your info.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

crayz wrote:
slappybrown wrote:Crayz continues to be on my radar
can I ask why? Is it because last game I said I didn't think you have the uber strategy skill? :pop:
No not at all man. I was a regular villager last time. Theres limited strategy to be had in such cases. I will have to look back through the posts from yesterday as to why I suspected you.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

newarenanow wrote:

I wish you really didn't give out that much information and would have kept the bosses wondering.
Yea, what's to say they didn't think that npv tried to protect you and would have tried to kill you again :(
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

slappybrown wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

Fair enough, the reason I made my other post is that randomly fingering someone when you ask who I investigated isnt helping. So my options were to explain why I didnt investigate or make up a random target. Also you dont know my role and its powers.
I don't understand your first part with the randomly fingering someone? I was just waiting to see if you investigated someone and if they were a boss. If you found someone that wasn't a boss, I wouldn't expect you to divulge. And now that no one was investigated, I'm going to start throwing out a name or two who I think is very suspicious.

I just didn't want to start voting for someone if you had another boss. That would be pointless.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

The answer to that is obvious.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

That last post is to crayz not you NAN.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

slappybrown wrote:That last post is to crayz not you NAN.
Cool. :wink:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Alright I gotta run to this meeting, be back later.