Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: **Nintendo Mafia - Game Thread**

Post by crayz »

slappybrown wrote:
crayz wrote:
and we would know by the kill message - unless someone is protected.

That's not a bad angle...keep him on a tight leash.

hmm......Juice, I look at this as your one chance of staying in the game. Can you confirm your role and that you would help by listening to the village?

restore juice until further thoughts go in to this
i feel like i'm on e-tv!
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Malkamaniac wrote:
wallflower wrote:Wow. That post was so repetitive. Should have previewed before posting. :face:

Glad you noticed that :thumb:

I'm all for the removal of people not playing the game. Now that I understand what's happening I'm good to go.

undelete Zaro
I almost always preview but that was one of the few times I didn't. Normally I'm allowed to edit though...

I also should've said that I'm not against deleting Zaro in the future based on how he does his job from this point on. I just think it's a bit premature because he hasn't hurt us really badly and now that he knows we think he has shared too much information, I'd kind of like to see how he reacts.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

beerman wrote:
npv708 wrote:You guys are incredibly frustrating. Do you know that?

Part of why Zaro isn't dead yet isn't from lack of effort on the bosses part. Let's just say he has at least once this game had a guardian "angel" watching over him...
has there even been a night yet where there was no boss activity, I thought they've killed everynight? Which if they have would mean they haven't tried yet.
This is what I thought also. Do we know for sure?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Ok, the nights have broken down as follows:
Night 1 - Nothing happened. Not sure why for sure yet.
Night 2 - Senka was killed, presumably by the bosses. Shaftnutz was killed, presumably by juice.
Night 3 - dagny was killed, presumably by the bosses.
Night 4 - TWC was killed, presumably by the bosses. redwill was killed, presumably by juice.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MWB wrote:Ok, the nights have broken down as follows:
Night 2 - Senka was killed, presumably by the bosses. Shaftnutz was killed, presumably by juice.
Night 4 - TWC was killed, presumably by the bosses. redwill was killed, presumably by juice.
So other than night one, the boss's haven't even attempted to go after Zaro.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

So Zaro wouldn't have been revealed on night one, which means they haven't attempted to go after him. Unless night 2 and 4 killings were juice and a regular vig, and night 3 was just juice. But I doubt they'll have not killed on that many nights. Doesn't seem right to me.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

If they did go after Zaro on night one I assume he would be dead unless the angel somehow miraculously protected him with some sort of foresight. And this doesn't mean that the angel hasn't protected Zaro, just that I don't think they've tried to kill him and he's been saved by the angel.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I'm sticking with my vote.

Something fishy is going on. I could be completely wrong, and Zaro is out to help us, but just hasn't struck gold.

But this could answer a few questions going forward.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

newarenanow wrote: And this whole MWB and npv thing is starting to get out of control too. I don't know why each of them are pushing so hard for one another.
I agree and I won't say anything more on it. For the record, I'm not pushing for him to be deleted, just defending my thoughts.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

newarenanow wrote:
It looks bad for Zaro. I can't figure out a plausible scenario in which the bosses don't try to take out the detective immediately after he's exposed (aside from Senka being involved :lol: , which we know isn't the case this time). It doesn't make sense.

But at the same time, I have a really hard time voting for what could be the detective for the heroes (even if he hasn't been as delicate with the information he's getting as he should).

I've been suspicious of Zaro from the beginning (and vocal about it which is why I'm guessing he investigated me?) But by the same token, why investigate me when MWB & npv have been bickering back and forth the way they have? I just don't know. Something is not right here and I can't quite put my finger on it.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

MWB wrote:If they did go after Zaro on night one I assume he would be dead unless the angel somehow miraculously protected him with some sort of foresight. And this doesn't mean that the angel hasn't protected Zaro, just that I don't think they've tried to kill him and he's been saved by the angel.
the game started with night...so that would mean angel had to randomly pick zaro and bosses had to randomly go for him
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I've been suspicious of Zaro from the beginning (and vocal about it which is why I'm guessing he investigated me?) But by the same token, why investigate me when MWB & npv have been bickering back and forth the way they have? I just don't know. Something is not right here and I can't quite put my finger on it.
Kinda like what me and slappy went through last game. We caused just enough havoc to keep Senka out of the light. When I figured out it was Senka, it was too late.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

crayz wrote:
MWB wrote:If they did go after Zaro on night one I assume he would be dead unless the angel somehow miraculously protected him with some sort of foresight. And this doesn't mean that the angel hasn't protected Zaro, just that I don't think they've tried to kill him and he's been saved by the angel.
the game started with night...so that would mean angel had to randomly pick zaro and bosses had to randomly go for him
Yeah, that's what I mean.... not too likely.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

wallflower wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
It looks bad for Zaro. I can't figure out a plausible scenario in which the bosses don't try to take out the detective immediately after he's exposed (aside from Senka being involved :lol: , which we know isn't the case this time). It doesn't make sense.

But at the same time, I have a really hard time voting for what could be the detective for the heroes (even if he hasn't been as delicate with the information he's getting as he should).

I agree. I'm having a hard time justifying it too. But I think it will answer some questions.

IF I am going to change my vote though, I'm going to go after a quiet person like cheesesteak. If you notice, it's all the known roles that are bickering out here, and it's only about 7 of us. A boss or two could be hidden in that 7, but I think 4 have been cleared.

The bosses are most likely just sitting back watching us come to no conclusion and laughing.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

My thoughts exactly. I'm sticking with Zaro for now, but would switch to canaan or cheesesteak if needed.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

ok thats enough....
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I'll hold off on my vote till the am...but i think that we need to actually draw any quiet people out to see how they respond...not just kill them off...i'd like some of the people who switched their votes to off JW to explain themselves....[/quote]

Yea, that is a good point about the first day thing and the switch votes.[/quote]

Troy has been looking to whack Zaro throughout, which is why I think Zaro should not be whacked by the village.

Troy Loney wrote:delete zaro

This happened last game with pavel as the seer when we didnt kill him after he survived the night...the boss' can't willingly let the detective survive...and as mwb has said...he's not helping very much.
Troy Loney wrote:so is there any reason to go after anyone but zaro this round?
Troy Loney wrote:is anyone else curious as to why zaro and npv are still alive?

And Troy is going to say, BUT I VOTED FOR SHAFTY TO GO DOWN. But, they tried to play the I vote for you, you vote for me game, so that later one, they can each point to that vote and say look I voted to kill a boss. Troy voted for Shaft, but very very early. Like second, when you need 13 to vote, figuring it is a low risk play. Shaft returns the favor, but eventually moves off him:
shafnutz05 wrote:
MWB wrote:The angel doesn't know more about any of the other players than anyone else. Why trust him?
You do have a point....how many games has npv played? Only a couple, I thought. Here was the quote that npv cited in voting for Troy:
I'd like to commend the angel/doctor/whatever role gets to protect yourself for doing so...
Looking back, this really doesn't seem like something out of the ordinary...especially because we LOST the angel last game for not protecting themselves.

restore Troy Loney
delete TW

And now I am considerably more suspicious of npv. Any angel (well, most) knows it's common sense to protect yourself the first night to avoid a lucky stab in the dark by the baddies. Not sure why npv would ride that statement so hard.
The fact that Shaft/Tory/MWB is suspicious of npv, and npv supports zaro, makes me think that both zaro and npv are clear. Anyways, clearly, Shaft being terrible at this game (sorry dude!) ruined what they
thought was a low risk plan and resulted in him getting deleted. Troy gets the benefit of holding that vote in his back pocket, and right about now is when he is going to be using it.

Also, MWB and Troy are thick as thieves throughout. MWB is almost assuredly also a boss for going after zaro and npv pretty good, and for constantly supporting Troy on these and vice versa.
MWB wrote:I'll be gone for much of the morning so I wanted to get my thoughts on Zaro out. What we know:

1. He seered beerman first and cleared him.
2. He seered juice and was told "Independent Serial Killer." He outed him after someone had mysteriously killed off the main boss. I can understand outing Juice because of the mystery of what his role does, but it's also a little suspicious because it seems that juice had just killed the main boss.
3. He found a "Hero Twin (mason)." A mason was killed the next night. However, we do know that the masons are on the side of the heroes based on what he says he was told by the mod.
4. He cleared wallflower. However, he then also outed NAN as the mason he found.

So basically he has told the bosses that there is a role of mason in the game, which can't help us in anyway but can help the boss side. Helps the bosses even more that they now know the identity of another mason. He told us about juice, which has advantages and disadvantages for both sides. Also, he still hasn't been offed by the bosses. I'm really not sure where to go with this, but I'm keeping my Zaro vote for now. Seems to be more harm than good.
This screams boss:
MWB wrote:Also, if I were a boss I wouldn't be stupid enough to kill off one of the two people who voted for me the previous day.
Sure it "sucks":

MWB wrote:That sucks.... two active players gone. Question now is, do we wait to kill juice or just get it done with now?
This clears these people if you ask me:
MWB wrote:
mac5155 wrote:So the best thing we have to go off of is the count on shafnutz when he was about to be deleted.....
Pavel Bure wrote:
Shaftnutz05 - 13 - (Troy Loney, Senka, canaan, TW, dagny, mac5155, redwill, wallflower, slappybrown, crayz, LITT, Malkamaniac, NAN)
gonna guess that @ least one of beerman, MWB, Azkar, TWC, & jwienand is mafia based on voting with the alpha.

now, right at the end, NAN jumped off TW and on shafnutz to finish him. possible that he knew that he was protected and did it to clear himself? maaaaaaybe....
Based on this my vote would be Azkar or jeiwnand. As soon as npv started questioning me about my actions Azkar was right behind him pushing to have me deleted. jweinand because he's been quiet.
And this is the ideal use of Juice if you are a boss:
MWB wrote:
Troy Loney wrote: you mean like...do what we tell you or we're going to delete you....
Maybe that would work. We could tell him who to kill so it's like getting two lynches a day. If he doesn't do it we kill him.
MWB wrote:
Azkar wrote:we should lynch zaro just because he practically told us juice was a roleplayer. if he IS the seer, he's doing more to hurt the village than to help it right now.

[yes, I know this post completely contradicts what I called MWB out about, but this is ridiculous]
I agree with that part. But I would say the same thing about NPV.

Other possibilities include crayz, but I havent looked him up yet.
crayz wrote:MWB was such a good player last game, i'd hate to see him leave...not sure I see him as a boss

I can go with JW...he's been rarely here and there has to be a boss or two that is on the quiet side...
crayz wrote:
MWB wrote:
Troy Loney wrote: you mean like...do what we tell you or we're going to delete you....
Maybe that would work. We could tell him who to kill so it's like getting two lynches a day. If he doesn't do it we kill him.

hmm......Juice, I look at this as your one chance of staying in the game. Can you confirm your role and that you would help by listening to the village?

slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Epic fail by me. Let me try to paste that again. Undelete zaro if you have him deleted right now
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

newarenanow wrote:
this is the break down I have been looking for (just to lazy to do it myself I guess)

unless the bosses took a huge shot in the dark at zaro night one and the angel took a huge shot in the dark night one and protected zaro

delete zaro

or some crazy part of his role is he cant be killed by the bosses and they did randomly go after him night 1 and he was protected from being killed but he hasnt said this was the case
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

UNDELETE ZARO
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Wow, that must have taken a lot of time.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Ok so I didnt want to do this yet, but I guess I have to because no way should we vote zaro off, at least not yet. So what if he has investigated townies? All it does is help the village, the mafia already knows who is a townie.

I am an RP as well -- detectives assistant, otherwise known as Watson (GET IT). I get a limited number of investigations, and I only used one so far: Troy Loney. He is what is known as a bombing boss. I.Ee, whoever kills him, they die. If you are the last person in on a lynch on him, that person who casts the deciding vote is deaded. If you kill him in the night, that person gets deaded. So what we need to do is have someone who is not playing but is a villager whack him out last this round (I presume Jooce would be unwilling to do so :lol:). Given that I still can investigate, and I have no idea what other roles there are, I will not do it since maybe somehow I can be saved. Plus the mafia waste a kill on me tonite. For proof, I initially voted for Troy in the first round and suspected him. But I figured why go hard after him if I am right, because all that will happen is that the mafia will kill me for being on to one of them. So I backed off intentionally and let Troy/the bosses know I wasnt gunning for him, and so that I would have some proof and consistent play throughout for when I eventually did this, so that the town could believe me:
slappybrown wrote:Whoa. This game is flying by. I left and there were like 4 votes for one at most and now its neck and neck. Troys explanation checks out, so in the interests of moving along:

undelete troy

Delete Shaft
Then I continued trying to be nice to Troy once I used my power to investigate him:
slappybrown wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
npv708 wrote:
Are you honestly trying to tell me that:

- you didn't said that one of me or Zaro are lying?
- dagny and you disagreed, and then she didn't die?
- you didn't say it would be better if we just killed the angel?
- you didn't ask for a lot more information about mine and Zaro's roles?

I'm not quite sure what I'm making up here.
I agree with the points mwb made...i don't trust any of the rules right now especially because they all seemed like defense tactict to avoid deletion on the first day....i trust your the angel, but i'm not going to go along with this vote...i'd like the zaro situation to clear up though...he obviously has a role because he's not the token quiet guy that he usually is...

I'll hold off on my vote till the am...but i think that we need to actually draw any quiet people out to see how they respond...not just kill them off...i'd like some of the people who switched their votes to off JW to explain themselves....
Yea, that is a good point about the first day thing and the switch votes.
Troy has been looking to whack Zaro throughout, which is why I think Zaro should not be whacked by the village.

Troy Loney wrote:delete zaro

This happened last game with pavel as the seer when we didnt kill him after he survived the night...the boss' can't willingly let the detective survive...and as mwb has said...he's not helping very much.
Troy Loney wrote:so is there any reason to go after anyone but zaro this round?
Troy Loney wrote:is anyone else curious as to why zaro and npv are still alive?

And Troy is going to say, BUT I VOTED FOR SHAFTY TO GO DOWN. But, they tried to play the I vote for you, you vote for me game, so that later one, they can each point to that vote and say look I voted to kill a boss. Troy voted for Shaft, but very very early. Like second, when you need 13 to vote, figuring it is a low risk play. Shaft returns the favor, but eventually moves off him:
shafnutz05 wrote:
MWB wrote:The angel doesn't know more about any of the other players than anyone else. Why trust him?
You do have a point....how many games has npv played? Only a couple, I thought. Here was the quote that npv cited in voting for Troy:
I'd like to commend the angel/doctor/whatever role gets to protect yourself for doing so...
Looking back, this really doesn't seem like something out of the ordinary...especially because we LOST the angel last game for not protecting themselves.

restore Troy Loney
delete TW

And now I am considerably more suspicious of npv. Any angel (well, most) knows it's common sense to protect yourself the first night to avoid a lucky stab in the dark by the baddies. Not sure why npv would ride that statement so hard.
The fact that Shaft/Tory/MWB is suspicious of npv, and npv supports zaro, makes me think that both zaro and npv are clear. Anyways, clearly, Shaft being terrible at this game (sorry dude!) ruined what they
thought was a low risk plan and resulted in him getting deleted. Troy gets the benefit of holding that vote in his back pocket, and right about now is when he is going to be using it.

Also, MWB and Troy are thick as thieves throughout. MWB is almost assuredly also a boss for going after zaro and npv pretty good, and for constantly supporting Troy on these and vice versa.
MWB wrote:I'll be gone for much of the morning so I wanted to get my thoughts on Zaro out. What we know:

1. He seered beerman first and cleared him.
2. He seered juice and was told "Independent Serial Killer." He outed him after someone had mysteriously killed off the main boss. I can understand outing Juice because of the mystery of what his role does, but it's also a little suspicious because it seems that juice had just killed the main boss.
3. He found a "Hero Twin (mason)." A mason was killed the next night. However, we do know that the masons are on the side of the heroes based on what he says he was told by the mod.
4. He cleared wallflower. However, he then also outed NAN as the mason he found.

So basically he has told the bosses that there is a role of mason in the game, which can't help us in anyway but can help the boss side. Helps the bosses even more that they now know the identity of another mason. He told us about juice, which has advantages and disadvantages for both sides. Also, he still hasn't been offed by the bosses. I'm really not sure where to go with this, but I'm keeping my Zaro vote for now. Seems to be more harm than good.
This screams boss:
MWB wrote:Also, if I were a boss I wouldn't be stupid enough to kill off one of the two people who voted for me the previous day.
Sure it "sucks":

MWB wrote:That sucks.... two active players gone. Question now is, do we wait to kill juice or just get it done with now?
This clears these people if you ask me:
MWB wrote:
mac5155 wrote:So the best thing we have to go off of is the count on shafnutz when he was about to be deleted.....
Pavel Bure wrote:
Shaftnutz05 - 13 - (Troy Loney, Senka, canaan, TW, dagny, mac5155, redwill, wallflower, slappybrown, crayz, LITT, Malkamaniac, NAN)
gonna guess that @ least one of beerman, MWB, Azkar, TWC, & jwienand is mafia based on voting with the alpha.

now, right at the end, NAN jumped off TW and on shafnutz to finish him. possible that he knew that he was protected and did it to clear himself? maaaaaaybe....
Based on this my vote would be Azkar or jeiwnand. As soon as npv started questioning me about my actions Azkar was right behind him pushing to have me deleted. jweinand because he's been quiet.
And this is the ideal use of Juice if you are a boss:
MWB wrote:
MWB wrote:
Azkar wrote:we should lynch zaro just because he practically told us juice was a roleplayer. if he IS the seer, he's doing more to hurt the village than to help it right now.

[yes, I know this post completely contradicts what I called MWB out about, but this is ridiculous]
I agree with that part. But I would say the same thing about NPV.

Other possibilities include crayz, but I havent looked him up yet.
crayz wrote:MWB was such a good player last game, i'd hate to see him leave...not sure I see him as a boss

I can go with JW...he's been rarely here and there has to be a boss or two that is on the quiet side...
crayz wrote:
MWB wrote:

slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

MWB wrote:Wow, that must have taken a lot of time.
Not particularly, I was pasting it into another doc as the game progressed knowing I would have to make this post. I just cut and paste failed. If youhave deleted zaro undelete so we can diuscuss.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

:shock:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Ok, I didn't read all of the one you just posted, but read the top part. I will be the last one to go on the Troy vote train and get killed off. I'm not going to last much longer anyway it looks like, so might as well contribute something.
undelete zaro