**Nintendo Mafia - Game Thread**

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: **Nintendo Mafia - Game Thread**

Post by mac5155 »

ok so they killed dagny.. but what is that about a werewolf being "bound"?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I think that is what we are meant to figure out. To which I say, I have no idea.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Pavel Bure wrote:

Players Deleted
Shaftnutz05 - GanonImage
Senka - LinkImage
dagny - Princess ZeldaImage
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is awesome, though, amirite? :lol: At least we took out Ganon! ~*high fives Senka in the afterlife...*~

Good luck Heroes!

Don't let my death be in vain!
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

mac5155 wrote:ok so they killed dagny.. but what is that about a werewolf being "bound"?
Juice is a "Werewolf/Independent Serial Killer"... what is not clear to me is if he is just a third party "lone wolf" or if he has some other powers...

He killed dagny it would seem... unless the bosses were also involved. Either way Juice will be around for at least a couple more days and nights.

I don't necessarily understand the last section of the writeup though... which I geuss is the same as you.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I guess if we were more in tune with the mafia roles we would understand better what we are up against. It seems we have literally "poked the beast" this time however.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Yea, I like the game with these additional roles, but I am starting to think that what roles there are should be identified at the start of the game. I do like not knowing how many mafia there are though, that is a good twist.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

slappybrown wrote:Yea, I like the game with these additional roles, but I am starting to think that what roles there are should be identified at the start of the game. I do like not knowing how many mafia there are though, that is a good twist.
Agreed.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

the wicked child wrote:
mac5155 wrote:ok so they killed dagny.. but what is that about a werewolf being "bound"?
Juice is a "Werewolf/Independent Serial Killer"... what is not clear to me is if he is just a third party "lone wolf" or if he has some other powers...

He killed dagny it would seem... unless the bosses were also involved. Either way Juice will be around for at least a couple more days and nights.

I don't necessarily understand the last section of the writeup though... which I geuss is the same as you.
He was bound, so he couldn't kill anyone. The bosses would've killed dagny I assume.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

My thinking is that there is some role player that is allowed to counter the action of the "Independent Serial Killer" which made him unable to act. This is just a guess though.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

wait... so the wolf can't kill at night?!
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

the wicked child wrote:wait... so the wolf can't kill at night?!
He can, but for some reason was not able to on this night. I think it was just a one night thing though.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

This howl is that of a Werewolf who had been bound for the night and is now free again.
Based on this line from the write up I assume that Juice was nullified somehow for one night and one night only.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

MWB wrote:He can, but for some reason was not able to on this night. I think it was just a one night thing though.
Got it.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

i have an idea of what is going on but need to do some research and pull it all together. give me 10.

(i wish senka and dagny were here with me. i'm all alone on the graveyard shift)
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

so, i noticed this in the OP on the signup thread
Pavel Bure wrote:Also since I saw the question : You will not know the ratio of slugs to town or the roles that are out in the game. Those are things you have to use your brain and possibly google to figure out during the course of the game.
so it got me thinking, why not try and search somewhere for info that seems to be missing. so i went through the mafiascum.wiki page and found there are other roles also.

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Roles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Code: Select all

* Townie
    * Cop (detective/seer)
    * Doctor (angel)
    * Roleblocker (Interesting. see below)
    * Vigilante (same as before)
    * Mason (also see below) 
Roleblocker
The Roleblocker chooses one player per night to block from performing his or her night choice. The target's night choice will not be performed, and the target may or may not be informed he was blocked, depending on the game mechanics. What happens when a member of the Mafia is blocked varies from mod to mod - usually Mafia families must choose a person to send to kill, and the kill is only prevented if that person is blocked. Whether a Roleblocker can themselves be blocked also varies.
I am going to guess there IS indeed a role blocker in this game. they blocked something last night phase, and now the wolf is "free" so who would they have blocked? it's doubtful they blocked juice; he probably went and killed dagny, meaning the roleblocker "blocked" the Werewolfs (is that what they are even being called, or are they being called Mafia??) actions this most recent night; therefore, i think it is safe to assume they know one of the wolves.

HOWEVER!!
The Roleblocker can exist with either a pro-Town or anti-Town alignment (this one known as Mafia Roleblocker or Prostitute).
so, there can be a roleblocker against the town that could have blocked juice's actions rather than a town-sided roleblocker that helped the village and essentially found another wolf.

another possible role:

Masons: (who knows if there are masons in this game but it's interesting)
Masons are a group, usually all on the Pro-Town side, that know each other to be innocent. They can communicate with each other at Night, if they choose, but otherwise usually have no special abilities. In one variation of the Mason role, the Masons cannot reveal that they are Masons to the town through roleclaiming. Instead, they must find other ways to defend each other.
these are like the group of trusted players at the end of last game i guess. not sure if they are even existant in this game but if so it makes things interesting sooner or later.

I really hope this is news to people and i'm not like way out in left field and just wasted 10 minutes describing stuff that people already knew. if so, :face: to me
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Not in left field mac. I was reading that link yesterday myself.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

the wicked child wrote:Not in left field mac. I was reading that link yesterday myself.
that post likely will get me the AX tomorrow night, haha, but it seems that the townies are like WTF is going on and the mafia is just like woo hoo they are so confused.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

The thing that concerns me is that Juice was revealed as Werewolf/Independent Serial killer... from what I was reading it sounds like he might be able to recruit... which would mean we have 3 factions at play and not jsut 2. :o
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

mac5155 wrote:
I am going to guess there IS indeed a role blocker in this game. they blocked something last night phase, and now the wolf is "free" so who would they have blocked? it's doubtful they blocked juice; he probably went and killed dagny, meaning the roleblocker "blocked" the Werewolfs (is that what they are even being called, or are they being called Mafia??) actions this most recent night; therefore, i think it is safe to assume they know one of the wolves.
Juice is the Werewolf. Remember the "wolves" are mafia in this game. The previous write up identifies Juice as the Werewolf/Serial Killer. Like MWB said above, the way Pavel phrased indicates that the werewolf (juice) was bound for tonite only. So basically, Juice got stuffed, the mafia killed dags -- who was dags hot to lynch?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

slappy- does that mean "wolves" is not the plural of "werewolf" ??
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I was just using your terms. There are no "wolves" plural, unless Juice had the power to recruit. There is only one wolf -- Juice. The rest of the baddies are Mafia/Bosses whatever.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

this is anarchy
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Now that I think about it though, there could be more than Wrewolf/Serial Killer since we have no idea how many roles are passed out. How many are usually in the game according to the link?
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

**Clarifying: Werewolf is Juice's NES character that is all**
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Oh crap. I have no idea then. Forget whatever I said.