npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: **Nintendo Mafia - Game Thread**

Post by npv708 »

MWB wrote:
npv708 wrote:
Really?

Yet the guy who is calling for the lynching of two potential RP's is not hurting the village???

I don't get that MWB. No matter how valuable the RP is, there is no reason in heck to do the job of the Bosses. We went over this yesterday. If you don't believe that I'm the angel that's your choice. But if there is 1% chance you think I'm actually the angel, then why would you even consider it? Maybe instead of looking at two people that might be RP's, we should look at other people, like those attempting to ELIMINATE THE RP's.

delete MWB
BTW, why aren't you calling out all the people that want Zaro gone? Wouldn't the same logic apply there?
Because they're still basically following your lead from yesterday...
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the bad guys didn't go after Zarovich last night. That's the most obvious reason.

They obviously didn't even try, since Senka got it.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

MWB wrote:
newarenanow wrote:So, here are my thoughts, and it may get me in trouble, but these were my feelings the last game:

Zaro and npv, they are either what they say they are, or they are bosses.

One of two things happened, the bosses wanted to get a smart player out, and worry about Zaro and/or npv the next night and hope we deleted them to take care of their business

or

those two are bosses.

So, do you want to take the chance to kill off one of the Hero role players, or just keep them around for a little bit to let somethings play out.

I vote for letting things play out for a round or two. I also want to hear Zaro speak before we lynch him.
Or they are erratic villagers who panicked about getting voted off the first day. If we're going to vote for one of them I'd start with NPV since he has a less valuable role. Zaro could at least provide information. This assumes that they're both being truthful, which I don't necessarily believe.
This is craziness. Vote for npv? If it wasn't for shafty going after npv, we wouldn't have been so hot on shafty's trail. Do you have the role where you're supposed to make only nonsensical suggestions, cuz that's what you did yesterday too.

They killed Senka, I'd venture to guess I'll be next, barring anything more tempting coming their way in the meantime.

We've got nothing to go on. Zaro is my first option, as I said yesterday, if shafty turned out to be a boss. Little did I expect him to turn out to be THE boss. (High five in the afterlife, Senka!)

There are sure to be more clues if we look back to yesterday. Their big boss was on the chopping block. Who was especially against this idea?
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I'd also like to hear what Juice has to say about Zaro's seering of him, and comment.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

I think the best move here is to go after the one we know is NOT a village role player. The angel can ALWAYS be helpful as a rallying point, the seer is better of dead than alive (even if he did out juice as a non-mafia role player), and we know MWB is trying to get rid of role players.

Delete MWB
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I'm sorry, seering above, should read "seering".
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

redwill wrote:Oh, and I forgot to mention that the bad guys didn't go after Zarovich last night. That's the most obvious reason.

could be strategy though...if Zaro is the seer and they don't grab him, it sets us up to kill our own seer.

I am thinking give zaro and npv one more night and ideally have zaro investigate npv. If they kill one of those 2 tomorrow, well its obvious...if not we can have this same conversation tomorrow.

Worst case scenario...one of them IS a boss and we let them live another night -- still knowing their identity.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

npv708 wrote: 1. First off, by investigating me the way you have been the last two days, you are one of the reasons I've had to say certain things, whether or not those are the rules of my role, only Pavel and I know for sure. The bosses can try and kill me all they want, they might succeed they might not, but by having me alive, they at least have another target, which takes the heat off the village and for every time they go after me and fail, a villager is saved.
2. You're the only one trying to cause confusion. Why go after people who are in the game to help the village? Even if by your standards we're not playing well. By my standards you're playing terrible in your attempt to kill off two RP's.
You're right, based on the last couple games we should just accept what everyone says as fact and go along our merry way.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

dagny wrote:I'd also like to hear what Juice has to say about Zaro's seering of him, and comment.
Pg. 14? Not reading through the thread thoroughly I see...
Juice wrote:
Zarovich wrote:I investigated Juice. I will not say what he is unless he wants me too.
Go ahead, I've got nothing to hide. Tell them I'm a boss, to which I will retort and say that I would never have let shafnutz play the way he did if I was on the boss side, I wouldn't allow that type of transparency (sorry shafty).

Or you could just tell them the truth, that I'm clear and we can move on.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

dagny wrote:I'm sorry, seering above, should read "seering".
I'd like Juice to answer 2 more questions.

1. Is he on the side of the bosses, the heroes or his own?

2. Can he use his powers every night?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Azkar wrote:I think the best move here is to go after the one we know is NOT a village role player. The angel can ALWAYS be helpful as a rallying point, the seer is better of dead than alive (even if he did out juice as a non-mafia role player), and we know MWB is trying to get rid of role players.

Delete MWB
I'm not "trying to get rid of role players." I'm trying to make sure that we're all aware that ones who have come out can't be 100% trusted and may just cause more confusion. I haven't even placed a vote for a "role player," have just mentioned possibilities. You are right though, I'm NOT a role player of any kind, so eliminating me would be a safe play.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

crayz wrote:
redwill wrote:Oh, and I forgot to mention that the bad guys didn't go after Zarovich last night. That's the most obvious reason.

could be strategy though...if Zaro is the seer and they don't grab him, it sets us up to kill our own seer.

I am thinking give zaro and npv one more night and ideally have zaro investigate npv. If they kill one of those 2 tomorrow, well its obvious...if not we can have this same conversation tomorrow.

Worst case scenario...one of them IS a boss and we let them live another night -- still knowing their identity.
That's true: it could be strategy.

The downside to letting any boss-pretending-to-be-detective live is the info he/she gives. Remember that Pavel falsely outed canaan and canaan got it from the garden. Granted, it was only one garden-dweller lost, but it was also a wasted day of salting.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Zarovich wrote:

Haha, well someone here is lyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyying.......
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Zarovich wrote:

Juice already said that you should just give him up.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Juice wrote:Pg. 14? Not reading through the thread thoroughly I see...
lol fail... it was Pg. 15.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

redwill wrote:
crayz wrote:

That's true: it could be strategy.

The downside to letting any boss-pretending-to-be-detective live is the info he/she gives. Remember that Pavel falsely outed canaan and canaan got it from the garden. Granted, it was only one garden-dweller lost, but it was also a wasted day of salting.
we dont have to take his word as gold...
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Zarovich wrote:

slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Whoops sorry for the doubt post. Ill just delete. :pop:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Juice wrote:
Zarovich wrote:I investigated Juice. I will not say what he is unless he wants me too.
Go ahead, I've got nothing to hide. Tell them I'm a boss, to which I will retort and say that I would never have let shafnutz play the way he did if I was on the boss side, I wouldn't allow that type of transparency (sorry shafty).

Or you could just tell them the truth, that I'm clear and we can move on.
Oh, that's what I get for not finishing reading.

Imagedelete zaro
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

slappybrown wrote:
Zarovich wrote:

I think Zaro is trying to say either Juice is a mole or the Mayor.

Someone who can help either side.

I was the mole when we played mafia. I could ask about someone every night and either chose to help the village or the mafia with the information I received.

I found the detective and doctor my first two nights and chose to hold onto it, but when the village tried to lynch me, I gave the mafia my information out of spite. :D
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

IO have some reading to do on the interwbz about roles then.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

I've got to go write a paper, so I can't be distracted by WW/SW/MAFIA. be back later
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

newarenanow wrote:
I think Zaro is trying to say either Juice is a mole or the Mayor.

I was the mole when we played mafia. I could ask about someone every night and either chose to help the village or the mafia with the information I received.

I found the detective and doctor my first two nights and chose to hold onto it, but when the village tried to lynch me, I gave the mafia my information out of spite. :D
In one version of the game the role of Mayor can stop a lynching. So if Juice were the mayor isn't it possible that he stopped Shaft from being lynched yesterday?

from mafiascum.net:
The Governor (Mayor) has the ability to prevent a lynch. During twilight, the Governor may ask the moderator to stop a lynch.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

newarenanow wrote:I think Zaro is trying to say either Juice is a mole or the Mayor.

This is how I took his post as well.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

newarenanow wrote: I found the detective and doctor my first two nights and chose to hold onto it, but when the village tried to lynch me, I gave the mafia my information out of spite. :D
Is this the genesis of lynch/salt/kill/febreze NAN? Because I didnt play in that game, and yet I now have the overwhelming urge to delete you for such a scumbag move. :lol: