Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: **Nintendo Mafia - Game Thread**

Post by Zarovich »

crayz wrote:
wallflower wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:so is there any reason to go after anyone but zaro this round?
I'm still re-reading through parts of the thread but if you follow MWB's idea of looking into who voted for TW, it should be noted that Zaro voted for TW when the votes were close early between TW & shafnutz. (Though Zaro's vote wasn't tallied at the time because it wasn't bolded.)

I'm not sold either way on him yet, though I do find it odd/suspicious that if Zaro were in fact the detective/seer, why the bosses wouldn't take him out immediately...
It brings up npv as well? If npv protected himself 2 days ago, and he couldn't protect himself tonight...wouldn't they take him out?

For what it's worth....Zaro, who did you investigate last night?
I investigated Juice. I will not say what he is unless he wants me too.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Haha, this is amazing.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Wow, WTF just happened.

So, if the main boss is dead, maybe they can't recruit?

BTW,

Pavel, I read your post wrong, I thought the night was going to 5:00pm no matter what. I thought that was nuts.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Zarovich wrote:I investigated Juice. I will not say what he is unless he wants me too.
That's good enough for me.

delete Zarovich
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

So, here are my thoughts, and it may get me in trouble, but these were my feelings the last game:

Zaro and npv, they are either what they say they are, or they are bosses.

One of two things happened, the bosses wanted to get a smart player out, and worry about Zaro and/or npv the next night and hope we deleted them to take care of their business

or

those two are bosses.

So, do you want to take the chance to kill off one of the Hero role players, or just keep them around for a little bit to let somethings play out.

I vote for letting things play out for a round or two. I also want to hear Zaro speak before we lynch him.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Why would we want to delete Zaro, someone who if he is telling the truth can provide us with information?
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

So here is my question...with the boss gone, do they have anyone else that can kill villagers overnight? If so, zaro and npv are safe from being killed (except by the village). Or do they have another killer role? Thoughts?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I'm pretty sure they can kill every night as long as one of them is around. Otherwise the game would be over, no?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

MWB wrote:Why would we want to delete Zaro, someone who if he is telling the truth can provide us with information?
Because

- I didn't think beerman was a likely target to be investigated.
- I suggested that he would have investigated Juice, and now that's what he claimed he did last night.
- There is no reason I can see to withhold info from us if he is the Detective.
- We're as blind here as if it were the first day. I'd like to get the Zarovich question resolved.

I'm willing to reconsider, but Zarovich seems the right choice here.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

we should lynch zaro just because he practically told us juice was a roleplayer. if he IS the seer, he's doing more to hurt the village than to help it right now.

[yes, I know this post completely contradicts what I called MWB out about, but this is ridiculous]
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

newarenanow wrote:So, here are my thoughts, and it may get me in trouble, but these were my feelings the last game:

Zaro and npv, they are either what they say they are, or they are bosses.

One of two things happened, the bosses wanted to get a smart player out, and worry about Zaro and/or npv the next night and hope we deleted them to take care of their business

or

those two are bosses.

So, do you want to take the chance to kill off one of the Hero role players, or just keep them around for a little bit to let somethings play out.

I vote for letting things play out for a round or two. I also want to hear Zaro speak before we lynch him.
Or they are erratic villagers who panicked about getting voted off the first day. If we're going to vote for one of them I'd start with NPV since he has a less valuable role. Zaro could at least provide information. This assumes that they're both being truthful, which I don't necessarily believe.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Azkar wrote:we should lynch zaro just because he practically told us juice was a roleplayer. if he IS the seer, he's doing more to hurt the village than to help it right now.

[yes, I know this post completely contradicts what I called MWB out about, but this is ridiculous]
I agree with that part. But I would say the same thing about NPV.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

MWB wrote:I'm pretty sure they can kill every night as long as one of them is around. Otherwise the game would be over, no?
well in slugs, i thought only alpha could kill.

I would think game isn't over until all bosses or mafia or whatever they are = dead. Otherwise they could still push votes and end up winning?

dunno~
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Zarovich wrote:I investigated Juice. I will not say what he is unless he wants me too.
Go ahead, I've got nothing to hide. Tell them I'm a boss, to which I will retort and say that I would never have let shafnutz play the way he did if I was on the boss side, I wouldn't allow that type of transparency (sorry shafty).

Or you could just tell them the truth, that I'm clear and we can move on.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

MWB wrote:Why would we want to delete Zaro, someone who if he is telling the truth can provide us with information?
I'm not sold on deleting Zaro but I definitely do not trust him at this point in time. Same with npv. If they are what they claim they are, at the very least they're very bad at their roles and so far are doing a pretty good job helping the bosses...
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

(I hate making a post only to submit and find that someone else pretty much posted the same thing while I was typing. Blah.)
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

MWB wrote:
Azkar wrote:we should lynch zaro just because he practically told us juice was a roleplayer. if he IS the seer, he's doing more to hurt the village than to help it right now.

Really?

Yet the guy who is calling for the lynching of two potential RP's is not hurting the village???

I don't get that MWB. No matter how valuable the RP is, there is no reason in heck to do the job of the Bosses. We went over this yesterday. If you don't believe that I'm the angel that's your choice. But if there is 1% chance you think I'm actually the angel, then why would you even consider it? Maybe instead of looking at two people that might be RP's, we should look at other people, like those attempting to ELIMINATE THE RP's.

delete MWB
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

MWB wrote:

We dont KNOW the specifications of the angel. The angel may very well be able to protect the same person two nights in a row, and simply told us that to try to bait the mob into going after him last night. Now the mob can't safely attack the angel because they do not know his protection pattern (if indeed he can't protect the same person two nights in a row).
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Troy Loney wrote:so is there any reason to go after anyone but zaro this round?
This was my premise, yesterday. If shafty was a boss, then zaro, likely might be one. However, I should keep reading.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

crayz wrote:well in slugs, i thought only alpha could kill.
But if the alpha died, then a new alpha was appointed. The only thing lost was the ability to recruit.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

redwill wrote:
Because

- I didn't think beerman was a likely target to be investigated.
- I suggested that he would have investigated Juice, and now that's what he claimed he did last night.
- There is no reason I can see to withhold info from us if he is the Detective.
- We're as blind here as if it were the first day. I'd like to get the Zarovich question resolved.

I'm willing to reconsider, but Zarovich seems the right choice here.
I don't know why you question who he would've investigated so much, it's a complete crapshoot for the seer from the beginning. Both times I've done it I looked into someone completely off the wall in the beginning, a lot of times guys like nan or juice who you expect him to look for end up getting lynched/salted/deleted or eaten early on because everyone considers them the best players and you end up losing information you could've possessed later in the game. I'm not saying he can't be lying about his role but I don't think it's worth the chance to delete him just yet. If he's still around 2 more days or so then it will seem really fishy and I'll be completely behind deleting him at that point, because he should've been gone. But for know I'm not in favor of that at all, I believe him for now mainly because he got my role correct. It could've been a complete guess on his part but I'll believe him for a little bit yet.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

npv708 wrote:
MWB wrote:

Really?

Yet the guy who is calling for the lynching of two potential RP's is not hurting the village???

I don't get that MWB. No matter how valuable the RP is, there is no reason in heck to do the job of the Bosses. We went over this yesterday. If you don't believe that I'm the angel that's your choice. But if there is 1% chance you think I'm actually the angel, then why would you even consider it? Maybe instead of looking at two people that might be RP's, we should look at other people, like those attempting to ELIMINATE THE RP's.

delete MWB
I've considered it because I don't think you're being alive is helping the village for two reasons:
1. You said that you could not protect someone two nights in a row. That is valuable info for the bosses. Why let them know?
2. You're being alive only causes confusion during the day as people try to figure out whether or not you can really be trusted.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

npv708 wrote:
Really?

delete MWB
BTW, why aren't you calling out all the people that want Zaro gone? Wouldn't the same logic apply there?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

MWB wrote:
npv708 wrote:
MWB wrote:
Really?

delete MWB
I've considered it because I don't think you're being alive is helping the village for two reasons:
1. You said that you could not protect someone two nights in a row. That is valuable info for the bosses. Why let them know?
2. You're being alive only causes confusion during the day as people try to figure out whether or not you can really be trusted.
1. First off, by investigating me the way you have been the last two days, you are one of the reasons I've had to say certain things, whether or not those are the rules of my role, only Pavel and I know for sure. The bosses can try and kill me all they want, they might succeed they might not, but by having me alive, they at least have another target, which takes the heat off the village and for every time they go after me and fail, a villager is saved.
2. You're the only one trying to cause confusion. Why go after people who are in the game to help the village? Even if by your standards we're not playing well. By my standards you're playing terrible in your attempt to kill off two RP's.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

redwill wrote:
crayz wrote:well in slugs, i thought only alpha could kill.
But if the alpha died, then a new alpha was appointed. The only thing lost was the ability to recruit.
ahh ok...i've never seen the alpha die early enough for the change...