**Nintendo Mafia - Game Thread**

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: **Nintendo Mafia - Game Thread**

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:I'm almost to the point now where I'd rather just kill off npv. Even if he's the angel our best hope is that the bosses kill him off tonight. If they don't, as npv suggested, it will just create further confusion the next day with discussion about if he really is the angel or if he's not. We're getting played one way or the other.

For me...its a question of how blatant shaftnutz is...after getting rebuffed when trying to kill the angel at night, and knowing that npv is only on sporadically, would he try to sneak in a quick bandwagon vote to delete the angel the next day period...that seems so ridiculous to me..but i think its better to know for sure.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Unfortunately he's doing more harm than good right now. Coming out and saying that he couldn't protect himself twice in a row.... why? The bosses wouldn't know that information and could very easily have thought he could keep protecting himself if they did indeed try to kill him last night, which I also don't think happened. NPV seems like an odd choice to kill off the first night.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:
MWB wrote:I'm almost to the point now where I'd rather just kill off npv. Even if he's the angel our best hope is that the bosses kill him off tonight. If they don't, as npv suggested, it will just create further confusion the next day with discussion about if he really is the angel or if he's not. We're getting played one way or the other.

For me...its a question of how blatant shaftnutz is...after getting rebuffed when trying to kill the angel at night, and knowing that npv is only on sporadically, would he try to sneak in a quick bandwagon vote to delete the angel the next day period...that seems so ridiculous to me..but i think its better to know for sure.
I can kind of see that and could probably be persuaded to switch to shaft, but I don't think they got the angel last night. Way too coincidental.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

This whole situation seems so awfully fishy. What kind of luck is it to actually nab two RPS in the first vote? For all the math kids out there. What is the statistical percentage of that actually happening? lol
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Doesn't it strike anyone as ridiculous how absolutely adamant Senka and dagny are about deleting me? They didn't just vote for me, they have been on here every five minutes imploring everyone else to make the same vote. Everyone is taking npv's word as gospel, and thus my initial vote for him as an evil act. My gut instinct is that he is the angel, which is why I took my vote off of him.

Senka played the entire village like a Stradivarius last game, and suddenly everyone is following him and dagny like the pied piper? Come on....you have to be kidding me.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

MWB wrote:Unfortunately he's doing more harm than good right now. Coming out and saying that he couldn't protect himself twice in a row.... why? The bosses wouldn't know that information and could very easily have thought he could keep protecting himself if they did indeed try to kill him last night, which I also don't think happened. NPV seems like an odd choice to kill off the first night.
I don't understand that either...did it even say anywhere in the rules that you couldn't do that two nights in a row?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:This whole situation seems so awfully fishy. What kind of luck is it to actually nab two RPS in the first vote? For all the math kids out there. What is the statistical percentage of that actually happening? lol

about the same as stumbing on to two wolves on the first day.....the other thing is...i'm under the impression the boss stumbled on a role player last night...and poof...all of a sudden it looks like some role players have been called out today....i'm naturally going to be a little suspicious of the people starting the bandwagons on the role players when the boss know a role player...but its too early to tell if everyone jsut wants to stay alive and is making up a role and saying thats them, and no one can confirm or deny anythign because no one knows the roles or how many role players there are.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

shafnutz wrote:Doesn't it strike anyone as ridiculous how absolutely adamant Senka and dagny are about deleting me? They didn't just vote for me, they have been on here every five minutes imploring everyone else to make the same vote. Everyone is taking npv's word as gospel, and thus my initial vote for him as an evil act. My gut instinct is that he is the angel, which is why I took my vote off of him.

Senka played the entire village like a Stradivarius last game, and suddenly everyone is following him and dagny like the pied piper? Come on....you have to be kidding me.
You're still behind TW 11-8, if my count is right...
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:This whole situation seems so awfully fishy. What kind of luck is it to actually nab two RPS in the first vote? For all the math kids out there. What is the statistical percentage of that actually happening? lol

about the same as stumbing on to two wolves on the first day.....the other thing is...i'm under the impression the boss stumbled on a role player last night
It seems more likely to me that they recruited someone or that they didn't do anything.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

redwill wrote:You're still behind TW 11-8, if my count is right...
I think that's the right count...I just find it odd. My spider sense with Senka is on high alert this game, even though he's no more suspect than anyone else. After the way he played us last game, I am just nervous. I am assuming he is starting the bandwagon on me because I initially voted npv? That was meant to be a quiet-person bandwagon, till npv outed himself.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

shaf > tw. listn up lol
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Whoa. This game is flying by. I left and there were like 4 votes for one at most and now its neck and neck. Troys explanation checks out, so in the interests of moving along:

undelete troy

Delete Shaft
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I can honestly say this is the most pointless first round ever. So much chaos over a supposed band wagon vote. Either we suck because we outed role-players or people are playing games like last time.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

VOTE COUNT

Zarovich - 1 - (Juice)

Npv708 - 1 - (LITT)

Twisted Wrister - 10 - (beerman, MWB, NAN, Azkar, TWC, shaftnutz05, jwienand, Malkamaniac, npv708, crayz )

Shaftnutz05 - 9 - (Troy Loney, Senka, canaan, TW, dagny, mac5155, redwill, wallflower, slappybrown)

With 25 alive it takes 13 to delete

Deadline is 10:30AM Tuesday

**Mod note: Votes no longer have to be in bold. Just have them the correct color**
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

ok so are we going TW or shaft? Let's just make a choice, bagon it up and figure out what to do next tomorrow. Sitting at 10-9 isn't going to help.

What's the consensus? Looks like TW is a random vote and shaft has maybe something behind it?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

What does shaft have behind his vote? I'm not sure or am I just not picking something up?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

shafnutz05 wrote:
redwill wrote:You're still behind TW 11-8, if my count is right...
I think that's the right count...I just find it odd. My spider sense with Senka is on high alert this game, even though he's no more suspect than anyone else. After the way he played us last game, I am just nervous. I am assuming he is starting the bandwagon on me because I initially voted npv? That was meant to be a quiet-person bandwagon, till npv outed himself.
My spider sense is tingling, too. Thing is, I hate spiders. Let's just say my toadstools are tingling.

C'mon, folks. Switch to shafnutz. Let's get this done.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Troy Loney wrote:

about the same as stumbing on to two wolves on the first day.....the other thing is...i'm under the impression the boss stumbled on a role player last night...and poof...all of a sudden it looks like some role players have been called out today....i'm naturally going to be a little suspicious of the people starting the bandwagons on the role players when the boss know a role player...but its too early to tell if everyone jsut wants to stay alive and is making up a role and saying thats them, and no one can confirm or deny anythign because no one knows the roles or how many role players there are.
Exactly. Which is why shafty is all we have to go on. Sorry, shafty, I actually would like you to stay in the game. You're very active, but logically, with 0 info, it's the only vote that makes sense to me right now.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

shafnutz05 wrote:Doesn't it strike anyone as ridiculous how absolutely adamant Senka and dagny are about deleting me? They didn't just vote for me, they have been on here every five minutes imploring everyone else to make the same vote. Everyone is taking npv's word as gospel, and thus my initial vote for him as an evil act. My gut instinct is that he is the angel, which is why I took my vote off of him.

:shock: Wait.... what the three of our ids in this game? I'm Princess Zelda.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Malkamaniac wrote:What does shaft have behind his vote? I'm not sure or am I just not picking something up?
unless i'm mistaken, he's the one that called out npv and then said the whole you can't protect yourself in back to back nights which now means our angel is pretty much dead tonight...
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Im Link.... Clearly its Ganon who is to blame. Keep the train and heat on Shafnutz. ;)
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

crayz wrote:ok so are we going TW or shaft? Let's just make a choice, bagon it up and figure out what to do next tomorrow. Sitting at 10-9 isn't going to help.

What's the consensus? Looks like TW is a random vote and shaft has maybe something behind it?
This.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

crayz wrote:unless i'm mistaken, he's the one that called out npv and then said the whole you can't protect yourself in back to back nights which now means our angel is pretty much dead tonight...
You are sorely mistaken...NPV WAS THE ONE WHO SAID THAT!!! I never said anything about an angel protecting themself two nights in a row, i didnt even read the rule.

lol...and I do find it interesting that senka and dagny are Link and Princess Zelda, and they are both lobbying hard for me (Ganon). I am convinced this is a stunt.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

restore tw

delete shaft

Regardless, shaf has done some damage today in some form. For this, I vote we break your:

dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Wow.... without even realizing it, Princess Zelda and Link gang up on Ganon.... awesome.

Didn't even occur to me til i read that post of shaftys i quoted, cuz i didn't really notice Senka pulling THAT strongly for it.