**Nintendo Mafia - Game Thread**

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: **Nintendo Mafia - Game Thread**

Post by shafnutz05 »

First off, the people that voted npv should obviously take back their vote until we can establish his true identity. If he is NOT the angel, then we'll find out eventually. The Zarovich vote I kind of feel the same way on...again, we will find out soon enough if he is being forthcoming. So far we know:

Zaro - beerman is safe (according to him)
NPV - Troy Loney made some accusations that were suspect

I am voting for Troy Loney...TW hasn't posted yet, which is why I think people are hoping he's the safe bandwagon to get the game moving. I am trusting the supposed "angel" tonight. We will see what happens.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I'm OK with shafnutz or TW (sorry, guys), but let's revisit the Zarovich thing.

Why would Zarovich investigate beerman? The usual suspects for investigation are Juice, canaan, nan, quiet ones, or new guys (in this case, cheesesteakwithegg). beerman fits none of those categories.

I'm leaning with going back with Zarovich, but am still not sure.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Ok, I'm only on page 4, but I'm thinking the bad guys (bosses?) chose to do nothing last night, for exactly the effect that I'm reading.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I'm suspicious of anyone who is being overly defensive of their vote thus far....

I'm not going to vote off anyone claiming to be a role player...if they're lying they wont last long either way...no need to force out the real role player or kill the liar.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

redwill wrote:I'm OK with shafnutz or TW (sorry, guys), but let's revisit the Zarovich thing.

Why would Zarovich investigate beerman? The usual suspects for investigation are Juice, canaan, nan, quiet ones, or new guys (in this case, cheesesteakwithegg). beerman fits none of those categories.

Is beerman an established veteran? Then I could kind of see the reasoning behind it. But I am still not sure...
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Holy crap, that was a lot of catching up just based on bolding.

Anyway, I guess my undelete of npv didn't count, so:

undelete npv

delete TW
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

If anyone has played the past WWs/Mafia/slug wars Beerman is a good player, not a bad first choice for investigation imo.

I'm going to join that wagon delete TW
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

dagny wrote:Ok, I'm only on page 4, but I'm thinking the bad guys (bosses?) chose to do nothing last night, for exactly the effect that I'm reading.
Don't forget, if they recruit, we don't know either (do I have that right?)
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

shafnutz05 wrote: I am voting for Troy Loney...TW hasn't posted yet, which is why I think people are hoping he's the safe bandwagon to get the game moving. I am trusting the supposed "angel" tonight. We will see what happens.
The angel doesn't know more about any of the other players than anyone else. Why trust him?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

redwill wrote:I'm OK with shafnutz or TW (sorry, guys), but let's revisit the Zarovich thing.

I think beerman has played every game and is usually pretty active. Doesn't seem like a stretch to investigate him. Good to know whether or not you can trust the vocal ones.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

shafnutz05 wrote:
dagny wrote:Ok, I'm only on page 4, but I'm thinking the bad guys (bosses?) chose to do nothing last night, for exactly the effect that I'm reading.
Don't forget, if they recruit, we don't know either (do I have that right?)
That hasn't been clarified, but I think you are right.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

if this is another RP I may just go sit in the corner quietly for a bit.
delete TW
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

yeah im just gonna relax and wait.. no hurry to vote.. dont want to call out any more RPs (if there even is any!!)
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Azkar wrote:If anyone has played the past WWs/Mafia/slug wars Beerman is a good player, not a bad first choice for investigation imo.
I completely agree that beerman is an excellent player. He's certainly better than me. He just doesn't strike me as a name that comes up when thinking about whom to investigate on the first night.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

MWB wrote:The angel doesn't know more about any of the other players than anyone else. Why trust him?
You do have a point....how many games has npv played? Only a couple, I thought. Here was the quote that npv cited in voting for Troy:
I'd like to commend the angel/doctor/whatever role gets to protect yourself for doing so...
Looking back, this really doesn't seem like something out of the ordinary...especially because we LOST the angel last game for not protecting themselves.

restore Troy Loney
delete TW

And now I am considerably more suspicious of npv. Any angel (well, most) knows it's common sense to protect yourself the first night to avoid a lucky stab in the dark by the baddies. Not sure why npv would ride that statement so hard.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

The problem is, and it's not a problem, it's a good thing, if they truly aren't role players, then they are boss's. It will confuse us right now, but as the game goes on, we have some boss's exposed if they are not truly Hero RPs.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

Tis okay guys kill me off, all these rule changes killed the game for me. im retiring til I mod one in January. That game will go back to the basics.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Oh and Delete Shaf for his never ending dribble that ALWAYS gets the village, town, video game in trouble.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

shafnutz is still my call. even tho TW commited verbal suicide. Hes all over the map, struck me as guilty. Its my hunch. I think i was on to something.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

shafnutz05 wrote:And now I am considerably more suspicious of npv. Any angel (well, most) knows it's common sense to protect yourself the first night to avoid a lucky stab in the dark by the baddies. Not sure why npv would ride that statement so hard.
We still don't know if it's possible for the Doctor to protect him/herself.

Perhaps Pavel can at least let us know what we don't or can't know? If the answer is "anything," then OK.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Twisted Wrister - 7 - (NAN, wicked, shaftnutz05, Azkar, zarovich, beerman, MWB)
Shaftnutz05 - 4 - (Troy Loney, TW, Senka, Canaan)
Troy Loney - 1 - (slappybrown)
Npv708 - 1 - (LITT)
Azkar - 1 - (crayz)
Zarovich - 1 - (Juice)

-----13 to delete
Deadline is 10:30AM Tuesday

PER mod + a few posts.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Per Senka, thats if they wanna kill me off, I will still play if still involved.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

On the chance that the bosses got that lucky again, to pick out the angel on the first night, I have to delete shafty

I believe npv.
Not so sure I believe Zaro.

IF they went after the Angel last night, this post is way too convenient and started a very quick bandwagon.
shafnutz05 wrote:Juice started a bandwagon about 45 seconds after the writeup came out...I understand that's the strategy the first day, but that was ridiculously fast. I am not saying he is a boss, but at the same time I don't want to risk Zaro being an RP and getting knocked out right away. I'll take a different approach... delete npv708
It's all I've got to go on right now.

If shafty is a boss, then so is zaro.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

dagny wrote:On the chance that the bosses got that lucky again, to pick out the angel on the first night, I have to delete shafty

I believe npv.

IF they went after the Angel last night, this post is way too convenient and started a very quick bandwagon.
shafnutz05 wrote:Juice started a bandwagon about 45 seconds after the writeup came out...I understand that's the strategy the first day, but that was ridiculously fast. I am not saying he is a boss, but at the same time I don't want to risk Zaro being an RP and getting knocked out right away. I'll take a different approach... delete npv708

the last statement is not proven by any means regardless. it can be assumed but def not proven...
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Senka wrote:
dagny wrote:On the chance that the bosses got that lucky again, to pick out the angel on the first night, I have to delete shafty

I believe npv.

the last statement is not proven by any means regardless. it can be assumed but def not proven...
Agreed. More accurately, if shafty is a boss, then zaro is likely one too.