Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by dagny »

Ok, I finally looked at my PMs. :lol:

I see what happened now.

mac sent a PM that included me AND Senka, asking if we were the Alpha, after mac died. I guess Senka was afraid I would answer mac without noticing that Senka was CCed. Kinda hard to explain, but I see what Senka meant. mac, you ding dong. :lol:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Senka let me know he was the alpha, since he had already sent the PM to kill me. I just didn't read any of it til.... now.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Haha! mac begged me not to ruin it. This is great! I was at work while all this was happening. The luck was with the slugs through this whole game.

mac, your last reply to Senka must've been when we were helping co-mod a game. That's why it went to me too.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

the wicked child wrote:I was ultra confused about that as well... I guess you were killed in the write up that LITT overwrote, thus causing mass confusion for anyone who was trying to catch up.
I did the same thing LITT did with a write-up on page 38. So God help anyone who tries to follow the game from the beginning. :)

One day I'll go back and change the write-up I screwed up...
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

dagny wrote:Senka let me know he was the alpha, since he had already sent the PM to kill me. I just didn't read any of it til.... now.
I spoke too soon. Senka replied to mac without realizing I was cced. :lol: He told mac he was the alpha, THEN they realized I got the PM too. THEN Senka told me not to speak and that he was killing me next, then mac begged me not to say anything. I read them out of order the first time. I've had a long week that included much alcohol.

Hmmm..... what would I have done had I been around at that time? :twisted:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

btw, WAS I ever actually killed?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

WTF?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

dagny wrote:btw, WAS I ever actually killed?
Yes, I read the write up before it was destroyed.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

A few thoughts on the game:

1.) MWB's performance as Gardener was amazing. People have already said how good he did, but I think he deserves to be recognized as giving one of the best RP performances ever. Imagine being the Gardener and getting any hope of protection slimed on the FIRST turn. Yet he persevered and walked a fine line for SEVEN nights and contributed mightily to the village by finding good guys and subtly steering the votes. I could not have accomplished what he did, and I think very few others could either. If there was any justice in the world, he should have led the garden to victory despite overwhelming odds. However, some bad luck + Senka's craftiness won out. Much respect, MWB.

2.) Senka did an outstanding job, too. He was also aided by some occasional good luck. That coin flip would have decided the game. But it was truly random: I put him and cup keeper into a list with three gibberish names and randomized them on random.org/lists. I would take the one of the two who came up on top and kill him. cup keeper was 2 and Senka was 3. Senka's performance, however, was brilliant and, I should add, very instructive. I learned A LOT from watching Senka, MWB, and several garden-dwellers play the game. When Troy Loney came up with his strong Senka argument (I forget which day it was), I was flabbergasted. I actually said aloud, "How the hell did he come up with that?! The slugs are toast!" Wow. You guys are SHARP.

3.) Juice is ABSOLUTELY 100% CORRECT. DO NOT TALK AT NIGHT!!! Don't even post! Night-talking cost the garden dearly in this game. Personally, I will never do it again.

Those are some thoughts of mine. I may randomly post some more as I think of them.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

I know Senka carried the slug team after I was salted, but I was hoping to get some credit for coming after senka to throw off the rest of the village. It was my idea after all. :thumb:

I didn't think the vote would swing all the way to a coinflip (thanks mac and tw) but that coinflip result turned out to be the best result possible for the slugs.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

cup keeper wrote:I know Senka carried the slug team after I was salted, but I was hoping to get some credit for coming after senka to throw off the rest of the village. It was my idea after all. :thumb:

I didn't think the vote would swing all the way to a coinflip (thanks mac and tw) but that coinflip result turned out to be the best result possible for the slugs.
Bravo, then. Senka went from a legitimate target to a virtual saint with that swing. I thought the slugs were finished even before he was on the block. But his apparent vindication in that vote gave the slugs a fighting chance, which they carried through to victory.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

dagny wrote:
This. :thumb:
I don't think it was that bad of a play. Serveral people have stated, even people not playing, when you are not that involved, or not playing, things stick out even more because you are not overloading your brain with information and you aren't second guessing yourself.

You were a fresh mind. I thought something popped out to you that wasn't sticking out to the rest of us.

I had nothing else to go off of. SO I went with you.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

cup keeper wrote:I know Senka carried the slug team after I was salted, but I was hoping to get some credit for coming after senka to throw off the rest of the village. It was my idea after all. :thumb:

I gave props to that vote after that game was over. Not sure if it was anyone's idea at the time or if it just worked out that way, but that whole series took a lot of heat off of Senka. Props to you if it was your idea.

You guys all played a great game!
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Juice wrote:why'd you guys eat me when you did
i don't think i really seemed to be on to anything
bueller?