** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by newarenanow »

Malkamaniac wrote:
slappybrown wrote:Im going to salt cupkeeperfor now. I still think dags is a slug, but there is no movement for that vote now, and Id like to find out about cupkeeper anyways given how the Bure thing went down.

That's the reasoning I have with this. He hasn't posted much either.
I'd be willing to switch to cupkeeper if the situation needs be.

But I still have Senka on my list too and will stick with him for now.

If it comes down to cupkeeper and someone else, I'd switch to cupkeeper.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'd be willing to switch to cupkeeper if the situation needs be.

But I still have Senka on my list too and will stick with him for now.

If it comes down to cupkeeper and someone else, I'd switch to cupkeeper.
I'd say only if it's a tie and you want to break it switch. I won't ever be switching again in this game so people can see the vote counts and who we all voted for without all the switching.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Troy Loney wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Senka - 2 (Troy, NAN)
Troy - 2 (Corvidae, Senka)
Zaro - 1 (sdm)
Cupkeeper - 2 (Malkinmaniac, beerman)
Couple things.

1. This is 7 out of 15 people that have voted....if people get lynched w/only 4 or 5 votes that doesnt help..i think i'd just like to see more people vote because the slugs can withhold their vote and give off very little information if people are getting salted with such few votes.

2. Cupkeeper had FOUR votes on him when Pavel dropped Canaan on us....cupkeeper being the leading vote getter had nothing to do with the canaan drop...pavel's choice had more to do with getting canaan killed than saving cupkeeper.

Pavel had to say something...he couldn't come out as the seer and then just dissapear after he says this...he was forced to tell the village something...and why not get someone like canaan killed...he knew he'd be salted the next day because simply surviving meant that he'd killed next.....the slugs basically used pavel to get an extra salting....to me thats what it was...
I disagree with #2. At the risk of being accused with going with the flow, even though I was the first and for a while only person to vote for you... unsalt Troy

salt that cup keeper

And a general comment...

Some of you are too much blah blah and not enough salt salt. You want to get a real response, start piling the votes on and see how people react. We do have till midnight, after all, and you can change your vote. Stop worrying about voting for the wrong person and it making you look bad. Chances are that's going to happen anyway. And stop worrying about flip flopping too much. If you have nothing to hide then lay it out there.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Some of you are too much blah blah and not enough salt salt. You want to get a real response, start piling the votes on and see how people react. We do have till midnight, after all, and you can change your vote. Stop worrying about voting for the wrong person and it making you look bad. Chances are that's going to happen anyway. And stop worrying about flip flopping too much. If you have nothing to hide then lay it out there.
Ding Ding, kick the tires and light the fires.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Malkamaniac wrote:

unsalt dagny

salt cupkeeper

meh. guess its worth a shot as my dagny vote has no traction at all
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

mac5155 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

unsalt dagny

salt cupkeeper

meh. guess its worth a shot as my dagny vote has no traction at all
I've had the same result. I started to suspect her 3 or 4 rounds ago, and no one responded positively to the suggestion until you did today. Her posting patterns and substance have convinced me she is a slug.

I am willing to find out about cupkeeper now though and see where we go from there.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

wats the count/?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy - 1 ( Senka)
Zaro - 1 (sdm)
Cupkeeper - 6 (Malkinmaniac, beerman, MWB, slappy, Corvidae, mac)
I believe this is right.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

dagny crayz TW........... who else hasnt voted.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MWB wrote:
Troy - 1 ( Senka)
Zaro - 1 (sdm)
Cupkeeper - 6 (Malkinmaniac, beerman, MWB, slappy, Corvidae, mac)
I believe this is right.
Yeah, that is what I was just going to post.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Zaro... I believe that's it. Three people who are quiet and one person who is working.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

and cupkeeper.

TW hasnt posted since sunday. :face:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Corvidae wrote:
And a general comment...

Agreed. Get things going. That is how you get pattersn and see how people are voting.

If everyone is quiet then that gives the slugs an opportunity to hide with the rest of the villagers.

Put a vote out and then discuss. Since there is a timelimit, and not a majority rules, we don't have to worry about someone accidently voting someone else out by hitting that magic number.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

slappybrown wrote:
dagny wrote:I'm not surprised at all. I said it was a possibility last night that they may go after someone else to mess with us. After the inactivity from the night before, there's no telling what these slugs are gonna do.

We don't even have confirmation that the slugs went for the gardener the previous night shift, or just did nothing.

I believe the slugs are either messing with us, or the Alpha hasn't been keeping up with the thread.

I have to go to work in a few minutes, but I want to point out that, so far today, Juice is making absolutely NO sense, and that's very un-Juicelike.

Looks like i'll have to wait til i get home from work to see what Pavel has to say.
This post smells funny to me.
Dags never responded to my statement here at all.

Then here: http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 0#p1063966" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She posts three times consecutively and ID's two people that would get whacked shortly thereafter -- Canaan and Juice. Three minutes after her last post, Pavel comes in with his SALT CANAAN thing. There is just something off here.

Then, Dags talks about how you can trust Pavel yet, etc.

And then this:
dagny wrote:
Zarovich wrote:
dagny wrote:The only people I can imagine arguing against salting canaan right now would either be fellow slugs or the "real" seer trying to let us know Pavel is playing us.

I'm giving canaan some time to see if he weighs in.
What can canaan say at this point? That he is the gardener? Then we have to figure out who is lying.

salt canaan

If he is not a slug, then we know Pavel is not the gardener. If canaan is a slug, then the slugs erred in not eating Pavel last night.
Indeed.

salt canaan
If you are against salting him you are a slug, but I reserve my right to not salt -- until two minutes later, I have satisfied my own theory and will salt him, ergo I am not a slug.

Intentionally going at it with Pavel to make it look like not a slug = slug strategery.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

dagny wrote:I don't want to forget this.

Who was on the block at the time that Pavel finally arrived to give us his "bombshell" on canaan?

now i go back to sleep................

This is also why I dont know about salting cupkeeper.

In fact, unsalt cupkeeper, salt dagny
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Slappy has a very valid point, still putting the foot down on cupkeeper at this point in time just to see whats up.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Malkamaniac wrote:Slappy has a very valid point, still putting the foot down on cupkeeper at this point in time just to see whats up.
Yea I agree there is value to be had in finding out about cupkeeper, so my vote is really just symbolic, since it would take a big swing to move off CK. Either salt works for me.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

slappybrown wrote: until two minutes later, I have satisfied my own theory and will salt him, ergo I am not a slug.
FYI, dags is a she. :D
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Senka - 2 (Troy, NAN)
Troy - 1 ( Senka)
Zaro - 1 (sdm)
Cupkeeper - 5 (Malkinmaniac, beerman, MWB, Corvidae, mac)
dags - 1 (slappy)
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

newarenanow wrote:
slappybrown wrote: until two minutes later, I have satisfied my own theory and will salt him, ergo I am not a slug.
I know,that is a typo. I refer to her as "she" and "her" throughout the post. :D
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

newarenanow wrote:
Just re-read, the "him" in that sentence isnt a typo, its a reference to canaan.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I don't have problem with a dagny salt, but I'm a lot more confident in a cup keeper salt. It all goes back to Pavel coming out with his canaan play.... he had to be doing it to save someone in my opinion.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

slappybrown wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Just re-read, the "him" in that sentence isnt a typo, its a reference to canaan.
And the "I" is dagny, right?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

slappybrown wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Slappy has a very valid point, still putting the foot down on cupkeeper at this point in time just to see whats up.
Yea I agree there is value to be had in finding out about cupkeeper, so my vote is really just symbolic, since it would take a big swing to move off CK. Either salt works for me.
ditto.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

MWB wrote:
And the "I" is dagny, right?
Correct. I would edit to put it in quotation marks (I am assuming her voice in the quoted passage) but obvisouly wont do that.