Troy - 2 (Corvidae, Senka)
Zaro - 1 (sdm)
Cupkeeper - 2 (Malkinmaniac, beerman)
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by newarenanow »

Malkamaniac wrote:My reasoning still stands by cupkeeper as we had tow slugs and Pavel got himself and cup off the hook. He called canaan and now everyone is letting cupkeeper slide.
i don't think anyone is letting him slide overall. He is high on everyone's list as a potential slug.

The vote can easily be changed. There is a 24 hour rule. I think everyone is getting their ideas out there right now.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

newarenanow wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:My reasoning still stands by cupkeeper as we had tow slugs and Pavel got himself and cup off the hook. He called canaan and now everyone is letting cupkeeper slide.
i don't think anyone is letting him slide overall. He is high on everyone's list as a potential slug.

The vote can easily be changed. There is a 24 hour rule. I think everyone is getting their ideas out there right now.
Agreed, I'm just being that strongly opinionated dude.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

Troy Loney wrote:
I think they just didnt get their PM in the night nothing happened
and they came up with the idea of giving up pavel to attempt to get the last RP to come out and contest him being the seer
I disagree...it was a great move by the slugs to out the seer.....they were feeling pretty good about themselves after both the angel & vig were gone immediately...it was a great ploy to get the final role player out...should have worked.

thats pretty much exactly what I said
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Ok, I don't have much time right now, as I have to go to work then get ready for the game today.

I've had similiar thoughts as Troy about the pairs Pavel noted, only the opposite. I know I'm a villager, we know Juice was a villager, which makes me wonder about NAN and Troy. But, not enough to cast a vote for one of them.

Troy, I don't know where you get the idea that I was trying to act like I "lead" the charge on Pavel. That was just me seeking bloody vengeance, and hoping that I'd get a role in the write up as the vamp tearing his throat out. :lol: And, it wasn't a foregone conclusion that he would be salted. When I saw a post (either by slappy or shafty, i get their names mixed up) saying they thought we were gonna keep him around since he was already known, I got worried that the village might actually GO with that. I wanted to make sure that didn't happen.

My fear is that my suspicions can lean either way. The person could be a slug, or could be the seer.

I'm trying not to put too much stock into Pavel's writings because all he did was try to confuse us.

I am suspicious of Senka for the same things Troy listed, however, he employs the same tactics when he's a RP, again. I don't want to force seer out.

So, I'm going with the two people who have stuck out to me from the Pavel ploy to switch the vote to canaan, and who might not have been around, thus missing the deadline to get the salt post in.

cupkeeper was top of the vote list, and he is relatively new, so it's quite plausible that he could've missed sending a vote in.

beerman has stuck out like a sore thumb, for some reason, to me. He also has had availability issues, severe enough, that he may have missed the vote.

I will salt either beerman or cupkeeper, but I'm leaning more towards beerman.

I'll cast my vote when I get home from work.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I was reading back and trying to find something else, but I found this instead:
dagny wrote:The only people I can imagine arguing against salting canaan right now would either be fellow slugs or the "real" seer trying to let us know Pavel is playing us.
That was before the canaan salting. Shaftnutz then came on a little later and said he was switching his vote to pavel. Shaftnutz then got killed the next night. Maybe this was more seer fishing?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Well I'm caught up. Seems my name was thrown around a bit but I'm blue to the core, so ya. Let's see. That last post by MWB is interesting concerning dagny. Could it be that she slimed shaft for turning off the Canaan vote thinking he was the seer?

Senka- the day nothing happened, he went 24 hours without posting but claimed to have pmed Danh. This seems like something he would do to try and get the seer out.. He's a great crafty player. Crayz also on this mold of infrequent posting on that day, I think he only had one post the day of nothing happening.

Right now I would say dagny is atop my list but right behind is senka. Therefore

salt dagny

can someone color I am on ze mobile
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

mac5155 wrote:Well I'm caught up. Seems my name was thrown around a bit but I'm blue to the core, so ya. Let's see. That last post by MWB is interesting concerning dagny. Could it be that she slimed shaft for turning off the Canaan vote thinking he was the seer?

Senka- the day nothing happened, he went 24 hours without posting but claimed to have pmed Danh. This seems like something he would do to try and get the seer out.. He's a great crafty player. Crayz also on this mold of infrequent posting on that day, I think he only had one post the day of nothing happening.

Right now I would say dagny is atop my list but right behind is senka. Therefore

salt dagny

can someone color I am on ze mobile
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

newarenanow wrote:Senka - 2 (Troy, NAN)
Zaro - 1 (sdm)
Couple things.

1. This is 7 out of 15 people that have voted....if people get lynched w/only 4 or 5 votes that doesnt help..i think i'd just like to see more people vote because the slugs can withhold their vote and give off very little information if people are getting salted with such few votes.

2. Cupkeeper had FOUR votes on him when Pavel dropped Canaan on us....cupkeeper being the leading vote getter had nothing to do with the canaan drop...pavel's choice had more to do with getting canaan killed than saving cupkeeper.

Pavel had to say something...he couldn't come out as the seer and then just dissapear after he says this...he was forced to tell the village something...and why not get someone like canaan killed...he knew he'd be salted the next day because simply surviving meant that he'd killed next.....the slugs basically used pavel to get an extra salting....to me thats what it was...
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I don't think the timing of him coming out had anything to do with it, which is why I'm not sold on cupkeeper. Why would one slug sacrifice another? Unless maybe cupkeeper was the alpha, but I don't know I just don't think cupkeeper is red.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Troy Loney wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Senka - 2 (Troy, NAN)
Zaro - 1 (sdm)
Couple things.

1. This is 7 out of 15 people that have voted....if people get lynched w/only 4 or 5 votes that doesnt help..i think i'd just like to see more people vote because the slugs can withhold their vote and give off very little information if people are getting salted with such few votes.

2. Cupkeeper had FOUR votes on him when Pavel dropped Canaan on us....cupkeeper being the leading vote getter had nothing to do with the canaan drop...pavel's choice had more to do with getting canaan killed than saving cupkeeper.

Pavel had to say something...he couldn't come out as the seer and then just dissapear after he says this...he was forced to tell the village something...and why not get someone like canaan killed...he knew he'd be salted the next day because simply surviving meant that he'd killed next.....the slugs basically used pavel to get an extra salting....to me thats what it was...
See you keep pushing for that, and idk what one to believe in. You were gaining just as much steam. I, personally, don't think it was done to save either you or CK, and im disregarding that for what its worth. There are three possibilities IMO...
1. He tried saving CK who is also a slug.
2. He tried avoiding troy getting into a situation, since he was gaining votes quickly
3. He tried taking down canaan, hoping he was the real seer, while he still had credibility.
(id assume that the real seer knew PB wasnt, so his days were limited)

and you keep pressing the issue on CK, which is my #2/#3 at this point, and i WILL vote for him, but still, you keep pointing it out like it is a lock. It was my first game playing with PB and i dont know if he was just being confusing or had a motive. I dont disagree, but i certainly dont agree with the accusations either.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote: 2. Cupkeeper had FOUR votes on him when Pavel dropped Canaan on us....cupkeeper being the leading vote getter had nothing to do with the canaan drop...pavel's choice had more to do with getting canaan killed than saving cupkeeper.

I disagree. Pavel did not have to come out with anything. If there were no slugs on the block, why wouldn't he just sit back and watch it unfold? That way a villager is still salted. He can then come on the next day and still claim to be the seer and even if a lot of people don't think he is, there will still be doubt. Once he came out with canaan and canaan was a villager there was no doubt. He could have prolonged it another day and possibly gotten another villager salted. That's why I'm pretty confident that cup keeper is a slug.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Senka wrote:
See you keep pushing for that, and idk what one to believe in. You were gaining just as much steam. I, personally, don't think it was done to save either you or CK, and im disregarding that for what its worth. There are three possibilities IMO...
1. He tried saving CK who is also a slug.
2. He tried avoiding troy getting into a situation, since he was gaining votes quickly
3. He tried taking down canaan, hoping he was the real seer, while he still had credibility.
(id assume that the real seer knew PB wasnt, so his days were limited)

and you keep pressing the issue on CK, which is my #2/#3 at this point, and i WILL vote for him, but still, you keep pointing it out like it is a lock. It was my first game playing with PB and i dont know if he was just being confusing or had a motive. I dont disagree, but i certainly dont agree with the accusations either.

It seems to be the general sentiment for people's votes this round. Thats just my thought, and i just want people to debate other things than the possibility that Pavel was trying to save cupkeeper.

I want to concentrate on the slug's attempt to get the seer and why it failed, and what they might have been said to try and get him out....that to me is the best way to understand who the slugs are and what they might be doing.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I disagree. Pavel did not have to come out with anything. If there were no slugs on the block, why wouldn't he just sit back and watch it unfold? That way a villager is still salted. He can then come on the next day and still claim to be the seer and even if a lot of people don't think he is, there will still be doubt. Once he came out with canaan and canaan was a villager there was no doubt. He could have prolonged it another day and possibly gotten another villager salted. That's why I'm pretty confident that cup keeper is a slug.
How could he prolong it another day?

Everyone knows that if the seer comes out, there's no one to protect him and if he survives the night, then he's not really the seer and the village is going to kill him. The village demanded that he say somethig, because we all thought that he'd be slugged durring the night.

he could have said nothing, or that he only found a villager...or him and his slug buddies got together and said...we want canaan dead...tell everyone he's a slug.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

mac5155 wrote:Well I'm caught up. Seems my name was thrown around a bit but I'm blue to the core, so ya. Let's see. That last post by MWB is interesting concerning dagny. Could it be that she slimed shaft for turning off the Canaan vote thinking he was the seer?
I think it's possible, but not convinced. One thing holding me back is that I think dagny would be a prime candidate to be investigated by the seer. And if she was found to be a slug I'd think there would be more of a push to having her be considered suspicious.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:
How could he prolong it another day?

Everyone knows that if the seer comes out, there's no one to protect him and if he survives the night, then he's not really the seer and the village is going to kill him. The village demanded that he say somethig, because we all thought that he'd be slugged durring the night.

he could have said nothing, or that he only found a villager...or him and his slug buddies got together and said...we want canaan dead...tell everyone he's a slug.
He had already survived one night and we didn't salt him. Remember, he came out right before dan h was salted. He then survived that night and LITT was killed. He was living on borrowed time. My point is, why not string that out as long as possible? Hide away all day, let the village kill off another villager.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Senka - 2 (Troy, NAN)
Zaro - 1 (sdm)
dagny -1 (mac)
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

So there are 8 out of 15 votes, and dags is going to make hers later on tonight.

I'm interested to see how this vote plays out. Could be telling.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

salt cupkeeper
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Im going to salt cupkeeperfor now. I still think dags is a slug, but there is no movement for that vote now, and Id like to find out about cupkeeper anyways given how the Bure thing went down.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

hmm Troy Loney, this defense makes me wonder about you.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Senka - 2 (Troy, NAN)
Zaro - 1 (sdm)
Cupkeeper - 4 (Malkinmaniac, beerman, MWB, slappy)
dagny -1 (mac)
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

slappybrown wrote:Im going to salt cupkeeperfor now. I still think dags is a slug, but there is no movement for that vote now, and Id like to find out about cupkeeper anyways given how the Bure thing went down.

That's the reasoning I have with this. He hasn't posted much either.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

guys guys also please get the name right, it's not malkinmaniac

it's MALKAMANIAC

Almost every vote tally has had my name wrong lol