** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by Juice »

ok ok... i think we should definitely salt pavel this round, but i also think that we're really pushing our luck with this whole gardener thing. I really think that he should come out soon, because we are getting to the point where we may not ever get to hear what he has found. By tomorrow, the gardener will have had 5 opportunities to discover people, and as long as 3 of them are still alive, I think he/she should come out and tell us who they've found even if none of them are slugs.

If it plays out like this (assuming that pavel is a slug), then it will look like:
15 villagers total
3/4 slugs (depending on if they recruit one tomorrow night)
12/11 villagers
if we narrow it down by saying 3 people definitely were not slugs at this point, that leaves us with people to follow, and narrows it down and makes our percentages much better of getting one.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

also, it will give us mucho information about the past events and who's been saying what and why, and will give us the opportunity to dissect what has happened so far better
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

and lastly, we should have salted pavel when i said to the first time... we leveled ourselves into thinking he was something that he wasn't and just didn't go with the basic thought of "why in the hell would they leave him go if he was the gardener, that makes ZERO sense"
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Juice wrote:ok ok... i think we should definitely salt pavel this round, but i also think that we're really pushing our luck with this whole gardener thing. I really think that he should come out soon, because we are getting to the point where we may not ever get to hear what he has found. By tomorrow, the gardener will have had 5 opportunities to discover people, and as long as 3 of them are still alive, I think he/she should come out and tell us who they've found even if none of them are slugs.

If it plays out like this (assuming that pavel is a slug), then it will look like:
15 villagers total
3/4 slugs (depending on if they recruit one tomorrow night)
12/11 villagers
if we narrow it down by saying 3 people definitely were not slugs at this point, that leaves us with people to follow, and narrows it down and makes our percentages much better of getting one.
I get what you're saying, but I think it's possible that the slugs are waiting for the seer to be found or divulges information before they recruit. Any information revealed about "safe" players becomes void after a recruitment.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Juice wrote:and lastly, we should have salted pavel when i said to the first time... we leveled ourselves into thinking he was something that he wasn't and just didn't go with the basic thought of "why in the hell would they leave him go if he was the gardener, that makes ZERO sense"
I really don't think it was a big deal. He got us to take out a player that wasn't really participating, and hopefully he may have helped us to find another slug. We won't know until the game progresses. I don't think it was THAT big of a deal we let him go.

As for the seer coming out, I agree in a way, UNLESS, the people he has researched are all dead already. If he/she only knows the identities of one active player, and they are a villager, then it is best to remain hidden.

If they know the identities of 3 or 4 active players, then I'd come out, because as the population gets smaller, the chances the slug gets the gardener gets larger.

If they know the identity of any slugs (outside of Pavel), then they should tell us immediately.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

I agree with nan and juice, if the gardener has 3-4 names of villagers they need to give us that info tomorrow, unfortunately it would mean the end of them the following night but having 3-4 names to cross off the list is still more helpful at this point than hoping they find a slug in the next night or two. We don't want them to get killed at night and lose all the info they have.

That being said if the people they've investigated have been killed off then they need to stay quiet another night or two, 1 or 2 names to clear doesn't do us that much good.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

I'm actually a plain townie, just didn't want to die in a coinflip cause I knew I was a villager, so why risk losing one you know of for sure. I really thought Canaan was a slug because of being inactive. Oh well I'm confusing I know, I guess numbers wise it won't hurt the town too much to kill me. Good luck.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Pavel Bure wrote:I'm actually a plain townie, just didn't want to die in a coinflip cause I knew I was a villager, so why risk losing one you know of for sure. I really thought Canaan was a slug because of being inactive. Oh well I'm confusing I know, I guess numbers wise it won't hurt the town too much to kill me. Good luck.
If you truly are a townie, you deserve to die anyway.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Pavel Bure wrote:I'm actually a plain townie, just didn't want to die in a coinflip cause I knew I was a villager, so why risk losing one you know of for sure. I really thought Canaan was a slug because of being inactive. Oh well I'm confusing I know, I guess numbers wise it won't hurt the town too much to kill me. Good luck.
This is what i kind of thought...i didn't like the play to say you found a slug in canaan though...you could have just said someone else is a villager...risky move...

I'd rather salt someone else

unsalt pavel

salt corvidae

lying very low and still getting his vote in...thats kind of sluggish to me..
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

Salt pavel
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Not believing this. If it's true and your a villager, shame on you. In this case, I think your a slug and you are just trying to keep alive.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Yeah, ok.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Pavel - 9

Corvidea - 1 (Troy)
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I just don't get that if your a slug and your pretending to be the seer and the real seer is staying hidden...why would you blow your cover just to get a townie killed by saying he's a slug?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote:I just don't get that if your a slug and your pretending to be the seer and the real seer is staying hidden...why would you blow your cover just to get a townie killed by saying he's a slug?
I said the same thing. If he was a slug (which I think he is). But he blew his cover to salt canaan.

But, my thinking is, if he is a regular villager just trying to stay alive, then it may just be good to kill him then because he already has caused enough havoc.

The point of the village is to work together. I can maybe see the first move, but not the second.

The place is in total confusion because of Pavel. Time to end it.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

newarenanow wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:I just don't get that if your a slug and your pretending to be the seer and the real seer is staying hidden...why would you blow your cover just to get a townie killed by saying he's a slug?
I said the same thing. If he was a slug (which I think he is). But he blew his cover to salt canaan.

But, my thinking is, if he is a regular villager just trying to stay alive, then it may just be good to kill him then because he already has caused enough havoc.

The point of the village is to work together. I can maybe see the first move, but not the second.

If he's a villager and wanted to save himself why didn't he just come out and say that cupkeeper was a townie. Rather than picking a person not even on the radar. He protected Cupkeeper and himself at the same time.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

edit: Pavel could of agreed with everyone and said that Cupkeeper was a slug(being that Pavels first post of the day would of been that one) Yet he randomized his vote and went with canaan keeping pavel and cupkeeper safe.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Because he's a slug. He had to say that he saw someone or else he would've been killed off. People were saying that if he didn't come out with something that he should be salted. It is too risky to sacrifice another slug just to protect himself, because my guess is at that point the real seer would've come out and said something. Then they would've been down two slugs.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Malkamaniac wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

If he's a villager and wanted to save himself why didn't he just come out and say that cupkeeper was a townie. Rather than picking a person not even on the radar. He protected Cupkeeper and himself at the same time.
Oh, I agree. He wasn't even on the radar to get voted for and came out to go after canaan when cupkeeper was going down most likely.

I think he is a slug. I was just saying that even if he is a villager right now, he caused so much confusion, it's time to just end it.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

This is simply yet another attempt to cause confusion in the village. We need to just salt him and get it over with. He has been trying to out the seer all along and this is apparently his last attempt.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

I know I was at the top of the list when he came out against canaan so it looks bad for me, but I looked back at that whole sequence and troy loney had picked up two votes and was one vote behind me.

I know I am a villager and we know pavel bure was more set on causing confusion than anything else so at this point I am suspicious of troy. He also now wants to keep pavel around. I don't understand this at all.

I'm gonna salt pavel bure beacuse I think he is a slug and he has left me looking suspicious.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

My voting would go for the next three rounds as follows. For if I don't make it past tonight:

Pavel: CupKeeper: Troy
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MWB wrote:This is simply yet another attempt to cause confusion in the village. We need to just salt him and get it over with. He has been trying to out the seer all along and this is apparently his last attempt.
Agreed.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

cup keeper wrote:I know I was at the top of the list when he came out against canaan so it looks bad for me, but I looked back at that whole sequence and troy loney had picked up two votes and was one vote behind me.

I know I am a villager and we know pavel bure was more set on causing confusion than anything else so at this point I am suspicious of troy. He also now wants to keep pavel around. I don't understand this at all.

I'm gonna salt pavel bure beacuse I think he is a slug and he has left me looking suspicious.

I just think that Pavel's behaviour has been way to outlandish to be a slug....i guess the only reason i can rationalize for pavel being so out there as a slug is to out the seer...which i'm guessing is probably the case, i just don't get why a slug would feel the need right now to sacrifice himself to out the seer...the angel is dead, the vig is dead....the seer has to get so lucky to be worth anything at this point because, he/she will have to come out shorty with their findings....and then die...but whatever, at this point pavel's identity is essential to see right now..

and one thing...if pavel does turn out to be a slug...and for some reason you people reason that i am also a slug is ridiculous...and you'll find that out...once you guys find out that i'm a villager i think eveyrone who has subltly been indicating that me and pavel are slugs should be salted..
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote: i just don't get why a slug would feel the need right now to sacrifice himself to out the seer...the angel is dead, the vig is dead....the seer has to get so lucky to be worth anything at this point because, he/she will have to come out shorty with their findings....and then die...but whatever, at this point pavel's identity is essential to see right now..

and one thing...if pavel does turn out to be a slug...and for some reason you people reason that i am also a slug is ridiculous...and you'll find that out...once you guys find out that i'm a villager i think eveyrone who has subltly been indicating that me and pavel are slugs should be salted..
You're forgetting that Pavel was very close to being salted when he came out. It's not like he did it out of the blue... he did it to save himself from being salted.