** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by shafnutz05 »

I dont dont dont dont like this..............but now its too late to stop it. Everyone keeps saying "Why not vote for Canaan?! We will find out if pavel is a slug and kill him anyway!!" Horrible logic...if Pavel is indeed the seer, who cares if we salt him? Since he just outed a "slug", he is going to die tonight anyway. Instead, we are taking a desperate man's word for it (who has proved absolutely nothing to us) and salting an experienced player. Simply not smart and a bit of groupthink going on here.

I would much rather vote for Pavel. Even if he does turn out to be the seer, we will know that Canaan is a slug and salt him next. He's gonna die tonight anyway. Instead we are taking out a seasoned player based on the rantings of the so-called "seer"? Sigh...I hope this is wrong, but I dont think it is
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

On that note,
UNSALT CUPKEEPER
SALT PAVEL BURE

It's purely symbolic at this point, but hopefully a bunch of people log on before 10. Keep Canaan for now....CHANGE YOUR VOTE!!!!
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

shafnutz05 wrote:I dont dont dont dont like this..............but now its too late to stop it. Everyone keeps saying "Why not vote for Canaan?! We will find out if pavel is a slug and kill him anyway!!" Horrible logic...if Pavel is indeed the seer, who cares if we salt him? Since he just outed a "slug", he is going to die tonight anyway. Instead, we are taking a desperate man's word for it (who has proved absolutely nothing to us) and salting an experienced player. Simply not smart and a bit of groupthink going on here.

I would much rather vote for Pavel. Even if he does turn out to be the seer, we will know that Canaan is a slug and salt him next. He's gonna die tonight anyway. Instead we are taking out a seasoned player based on the rantings of the so-called "seer"? Sigh...I hope this is wrong, but I dont think it is
I understand what you're saying, but the vote has to be canaan. There are three options for Bure: seer, regular villager, slug. Canaan is either a slug or a regular villager. If he were the seer I assume he would have said so since it's so close to the deadline and he could reveal information. As unlikely as it is that Bure would last another night if he's the real seer it's still possible.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

PLEASE READ

I'm not going to start a new day phase this weekend after all.

Too many people have stated that they're not going to be on this weekend, so I don't think it's worth it. We'll just start up a new day phase Monday morning.

So it will remain night until Monday morning.

BTW, it looks like the current write-up will indeed come at 10 AM this morning.

Thanks.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

canaan - 10 (Pavel Bure, Corvidae, sdm, Malkamaniac, Senka, MWB, Zarovich, dagny, NAN, mac)
cupkeeper - 1 (Troy Loney)
dagny - 1 (slappybrown)
Pavel Bure - 1 (shafnutz)
Troy - 1 (crayz)
Zarovich - 1 (canaan)
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

shafnutz05 wrote:I dont dont dont dont like this..............but now its too late to stop it. Everyone keeps saying "Why not vote for Canaan?! We will find out if pavel is a slug and kill him anyway!!" Horrible logic...if Pavel is indeed the seer, who cares if we salt him? Since he just outed a "slug", he is going to die tonight anyway. Instead, we are taking a desperate man's word for it (who has proved absolutely nothing to us) and salting an experienced player. Simply not smart and a bit of groupthink going on here.

I understand what you're saying here, but I think that either we:
salt canaan and pavel dies tonight (-1 slug, -1 villager) with the opportunity to get a second slug during the next day phase..
or we salt pavel and someone else dies tonight, and then we salt canaan tomorrow (-2 villagers, -1 slug) with no chance of getting a second slug within this day/night sequence.

With that being said, I think the only sensible option is to salt canaan
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I suppose the salting of canaan deserves something special, write-up-wise, but I just don't have the time.

On Day 3, the garden salts canaan, a regular garden-dweller.

The garden of BobDylanIsTheTruth has 18 residents remaining:

- beerman
- Malkamaniac
- shafnutz05
- slappybrown
- MWB
- Troy Loney
- mac5155
- newarenanow
- sdm5055
- Juice
- Pavel Bure
- dagny
- Senka
- Zarovich
- Twisted Wrister
- crayz
- cup keeper
- Corvidae

But in reality there are:

13 regular garden-dwellers
1 Gardener (seer)
1 Alpha Slug
3 Slugs

Gone from the garden:

- SolidSnake (the Manduca Sexta), slimed and eaten (eated?) by slugs during Night 1.
- PensFanInDC (the Bird), salted by the garden on Day 1.
- Dan H (a regular garden-dweller), salted unmercifully by the garden on Day 2.
- Letang Is The Truth (a regular garden-dweller), slimed and eaten by slugs during Night 3.
- canaan (a regular garden-dweller), salted by the garden on Day 3.

This night phase will last until Monday morning. RPs, please PM me by Sunday night.

Alpha: Whom do you want to recruit or eat?
Gardener: Whom do you want to investigate?

Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Peace Pavel.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

canaan wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Salt Canaan

I also don't understand why you guys would still be suspicious of Juice. He's clear.

Salt Canaan he is a slug.
this is a common suicide bomber werewolf tactic. in taking down a vet player (me)...which will happen...and im fine with that, he also clears a villager (juice) so when he gets found out, you guys can see this post and alienate Juice as well (thus taking 2 people out with the suicide bomb)

when you guys find out that im a villager and pavel is a slug, i would be pretty convinced that juice is a villager.

now, im done. :P
I suspected as much, but gave up on waiting to hear from you, as Zaro convinced me it didn't matter what you said, at that point. We were gonna find out, one way or another, if Pavel was lying.

Now we know, and I don't forsee him lasting past day one in any of our slug/wolf games, ever again. :lol:

It's very clear, now, that he was also trying to draw the real seer out. I can't wait to salt him. :evil:

I'm going back to sleep now.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I don't want to forget this.

Who was on the block at the time that Pavel finally arrived to give us his "bombshell" on canaan?

now i go back to sleep................
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

:pop:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was just way too convenient. Unfortunately, we didn't just lose a villager, we lost one of the most seasoned and experienced. I wish I would have started pulling for the Pavel vote yesterday...oh well.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

ok well not a big big problem

we know pavel is a slug, and we also gotta look at who he said was clear juice and NAN I believe, but I wouldnt push to hard for those two I doubt a slug name drops two slugs when he knows he is going to be gone in one or two rounds

and good job to the real seer not taking the bate and coming out declaring yourself, keep up your work behind the scenes
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

itd be 'bait'. but yeah I agree :lol:

See you all on monday, right? (+10 on that idea too)
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

dagny wrote:I don't want to forget this.

Who was on the block at the time that Pavel finally arrived to give us his "bombshell" on canaan?

now i go back to sleep................
beerman and troy loney, IIRC.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

shafnutz05 wrote:I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was just way too convenient. Unfortunately, we didn't just lose a villager, we lost one of the most seasoned and experienced. I wish I would have started pulling for the Pavel vote yesterday...oh well.
I think you're overreacting about losing canaan a little much. Normally, I would agree with you, but canaan, admittedly, isn't even paying attention to the game and barely posting in it. How much help would he have been? As of right now, his demise was the most help, in sealing the fact that the real gardener is still hidden, and we've got us a slug to salt next.

As for Pavel, though.... I feel bloodthirst. As the village/garden vampire, please allow me to be the one to rip his throat out. Image
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

We now know for a fact that Pavel is a slug............should we really vote for him right away? It's not like he will be taken seriously for the rest of the game. Instead of wasting one of our votes on Pavel, maybe we should look to see whom he might have protected/deflected away from. I would rather keep a useless slug around for a while (and possibly use him to identify someone else), then using a vote on something obvious. Maybe that's bad strategy, I dunno
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

shafnutz05 wrote:We now know for a fact that Pavel is a slug............should we really vote for him right away? It's not like he will be taken seriously for the rest of the game. Instead of wasting one of our votes on Pavel, maybe we should look to see whom he might have protected/deflected away from. I would rather keep a useless slug around for a while (and possibly use him to identify someone else), then using a vote on something obvious. Maybe that's bad strategy, I dunno
Got any ideas on who?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

No idea to be honest with you....need to take a look over the weekend!!!
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

only dilemma is risk/reward. by leaving the slug in play, we might uncover the real seer. if we take him out, we essentially give the seer another night of prowling. Downsides include slugs getting lucky and finding them. as for who he cleared, we have no idea if he cleared slugs, villagers, or a mix. So that information is kind of useless to us IMO

*if I do go down, remember my votes. :pop:

Happy Halloween! Pens/Parties
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Hey, only peeking in for a minute.

Not bad losing canaan, especially because he said he wasn't playing.

Just a thought, I can look back, but see who was leading the vote when Pavel jumped out.

He was either trying to save a slug when he pushed for canaan, because he wasn't saving himself since he had no votes. Or he just really wanted to get canaan out because he's a dangerous player.

I'd look at Troy or cupkeeper.

I'm pretty much gone until monday, maybe can peek in for a minute or two tomorrow.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I'd look at Troy or cupkeeper.
Really....Did you want to go back and read the fight that i had with pavel...did you think that was staged....not that it would completely admonish me....but that stupid fit that i threw has gotten both of us a lot of attention...do you really think we would do that so early in the game, especially after both the angel and the vig are dead?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I think the biggest risk for not getting rid of Pavel tomorrow is that he can still vote. That vote could swing things one way or the other and could then cause more confusion in the long run. He also would still be able to give input to the other slugs.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

It's night guys :face:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Pavel Bure wrote:It's night guys :face:
I don't think it really matters right now.

We all know it's either gonna be you, or someone else. We don't even have a nomination for that someone else.

Personally, I'd like to be first to shove the salt down your throat. :D