** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by newarenanow »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Alright I said I wasn't gonna do this unless the vote was locked into a coin flip situation and I guess it's my fault for being so active. I was of the whole "hide in plain sight" thought process. Especially after the first two role players went down so fast. I'm guessing the slugs tried to recruit me last night and failed hence the no kill. I am the seer.

Night 1 - I investigated NAN cause well I've never played this game and it was a shot in the dark for me. NAN is town.

Night 2 - I investigated Juice since he was pushing for Dan without reason. Juice is also town.

Sorry guys, should have just taken my own advice and sat back. From what I've done today I think Troy Loney and Dagny are clear as well. I was going to investigate MWB tonight but even if he isn't a slug I'm dead. There's the info. Sorry I suck but I didn't want to risk a coin flip.
Here you go
One thing that may come out of that, and we'll have to wait for Pavel is, if he truly was going to search MWB last night, and he told everyone, and MWB wasn't a slug, then the slugs knew they were safe for a night and probably figured we'd kill him today.

I missed that when I read it the first time. He stated who was going to search, and the slugs had no sense of urgency to wipe out Pavel then.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Senka wrote:After thinking on this, Ive come to the conclusion im salting TroyLoney today for a few reasons.

Was bent on DanH first vote, and with a coinflip being decided with him alive, the following night, He did NOT vote for DanH this time, but instead, did not vote at all. Ive just been following so far and ive noticed 2 things: All his responses either introduce a "possible" idea or are pretty neutral. Being in the action, but not putting his head out there. After packing heat on DanH he followed it up without voting at all... Instead he had a vote logged on Bure, which im still curious about, and then took it off...Maybe up to this point i was wrong with PFIDC & maybe SDM, but I was against the DanH vote.

*Its just a theory but this one sticks with me. 2 games ago i said "i bet my game on it that MWB was a slug", yet i got very little support and im not as confident, but I feel as if im right. Ive kept with SDM through 2, although if i was around I probably wouldve changed it..

Spoiler:
I feel like Beerman is playing a very different game. beerman has been just chillin and chiming in various times; just bringing that to the table. :pop:
I've actually had a ton work to do :( if I'd have known I'd be this busy I would've dropped out. I've got a couple meetings later this afternoon so I won't be around much again.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Pavel, wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

newarenanow wrote: I have a quick question for the redwill:

Does the vote of today end tonight at midnight or over the weekend? If so, then I'll make my vote by 5:00 today. If not, then I will vote Monday morning.
As per the write-up, this day phase will last until 10 AM tomorrow (Saturday).

If I get PMs, I can then do another another night phase and then start another day phase which will end Monday at noon. That was my thought. I asked for others' thoughts yesterday, but no one said anything.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I'm on for a moment, then off again for awhile. A couple thoughts:

Very interested to see what Pavel has to say.

The Alpha does not have to be the one who sends in the pm, unless redwill has changed this. When I was recruited in one of the previous games I sent in one of the pms when we still had the alpha.... so I don't put a lot of stock in the alpha being someone who isn't paying attention because I think the other slugs would have plenty of input, even if that was the case.

Interesting that LITT was killed off since he was one who Pavel went after early and seemed to me to be trying to out as the seer. It really doesn't make much sense that the slugs would allow the seer to live. As I said last night, very risky.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

dagny wrote:I have to go to work in a few minutes, but I want to point out that, so far today, Juice is making absolutely NO sense, and that's very un-Juicelike.
I'm really not sure how I've not made sense?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Well, if voting ends tomorrow at 10, I'll put my vote in within the next few hours. I'm still not sure who to vote for yet. I do know that I'm not voting for Pavel this round.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Juice wrote:
dagny wrote:I have to go to work in a few minutes, but I want to point out that, so far today, Juice is making absolutely NO sense, and that's very un-Juicelike.
I follow you.

If we are not salting Pavel, the most obvious choice is shafnutz. After all the back and forth with Pavel yesterday and him coming out as the gardener and then not being eaten the next night, shaf's post asking that is a red flag. Shaf is either the alpha slug or a villager not paying attention. Those are the 2 best options to me atm. If shaf ends up being a slug, that clears Pavel to me. If shaf is not a slug and pavel lives through the night, then pavel is almost assuredly a slug and shaf is just a poor inattentive villager
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Zarovich wrote:
Juice wrote:
I follow you.

If we are not salting Pavel, the most obvious choice is shafnutz. After all the back and forth with Pavel yesterday and him coming out as the gardener and then not being eaten the next night, shaf's post asking that is a red flag. Shaf is either the alpha slug or a villager not paying attention. Those are the 2 best options to me atm. If shaf ends up being a slug, that clears Pavel to me. If shaf is not a slug and pavel lives through the night, then pavel is almost assuredly a slug and shaf is just a poor inattentive villager
I follow him in a way, but what I don't get is, what is the urgency to salt pavel tonight?

If he is a slug, and he lives for another round, you can always get him the next day or so.

He is either the gardner or a slug.

Are you willing to off your gardener today if you vote for him? It is much easier to let him 1) speak first, 2) let the slugs make the decision if they want him to search one other night if he truly is the gardener.

If he is a slug, he will be dead soon enough.

Pavel did say he was searching MWB yesterday. If MWB isn't a slug, then the actual slugs may have felt safe and let him go so we kill him off.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

All the pushing for Pavel makes me suspect that the people calling for it figured we'd salt him today regardless.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Zarovich wrote:If we are not salting Pavel, the most obvious choice is shafnutz. After all the back and forth with Pavel yesterday and him coming out as the gardener and then not being eaten the next night, shaf's post asking that is a red flag. Shaf is either the alpha slug or a villager not paying attention. Those are the 2 best options to me atm. If shaf ends up being a slug, that clears Pavel to me. If shaf is not a slug and pavel lives through the night, then pavel is almost assuredly a slug and shaf is just a poor inattentive villager
dude....what? I was merely pointing out that if he IS the seer, why would the slugs overlook him? Unless they counted on us to vote for him, he could see another person tonight. Would you mind explaining to me how I am being a "poor, inattentive villager"? I have been contributing to the discussion a heck of a lot more than you have.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

shafnutz05 wrote:Hmm....interesting. My first instinct is to immediately salt Pavel Bure...however, the fight between Pavel and LITT was well known yesterday. This would be a perfect baiting.
Zarovich, this is what I said about the fight yesterday. With Pavel claiming to be the seer, we can assume that

a) he is the seer, and for some weird reason the slugs didn't kill him
b) he isn't the seer, and is a slug
c) he isn't the seer, and is just a selfish villager

"Poor" and "inattentive"? Come on man...really?
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

cupkeeper - 1 (shaf)
TroyLoney - 1 (senka)
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

I don't think Pavel is gardener...

If I was a slug, I would not have killed Pavel last night...i'd rather kill someone else, make the village believe for sure Pavel is a slug...and let them kill him. Keeps them off a possible slug trail...

I'm thinkin Pavel is nothin but a villager...Not sure who to salt yet, get back to this later
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

We need Pavel to wake up or log on to hear his side of the story.

I think a lot of people will be away from their computers this weekend and the vote will be decided tomorrow morning. It will probably be like 2 to 1 and 3 votes will decide who to salt.

Then again, that may be part of Pavel's ploy. Just don't answer and let time run out and the village is screwed.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

very interesting since i've last left. is or isnt pavel the seer? lol. wow this game is getting interesting. so, i haz a question. where is crayz?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

mac5155 wrote:very interesting since i've last left. is or isnt pavel the seer? lol. wow this game is getting interesting. so, i haz a question. where is crayz?
Look two posts above yours.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

mac5155 wrote:very interesting since i've last left. is or isnt pavel the seer? lol. wow this game is getting interesting. so, i haz a question. where is crayz?
:pop:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

well i see crayz posted 2 above mine, but hadnt posted for almost a day, and has been making one post per day. interesting to say the leastt......... i want to hear what pavel says though. i think its stupid to vote for him today, and maybe even tomorrow. we must keep forcing the slugs to make a decision to take out a known RP or take out a villager.. and if they go 2-3 nights without killing pavel, that can give the real seer (assuming pavel is a slug) some time to investigate him and come out with his findings. even if the real seer were found dead, we can then immediately go after pavel. if that all makes sense
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

newarenanow wrote:
Look two posts above yours.
yeah i saw it right after i searched his posts.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

mac5155 wrote:well i see crayz posted 2 above mine, but hadnt posted for almost a day, and has been making one post per day. interesting to say the leastt......... i want to hear what pavel says though. i think its stupid to vote for him today, and maybe even tomorrow. we must keep forcing the slugs to make a decision to take out a known RP or take out a villager.. and if they go 2-3 nights without killing pavel, that can give the real seer (assuming pavel is a slug) some time to investigate him and come out with his findings. even if the real seer were found dead, we can then immediately go after pavel. if that all makes sense
I agree 100%.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

so when is the deadline for this salting? i want to be sure to get a vote in but its still too early.. i want to wait for pavel to log in
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

mac5155 wrote:so when is the deadline for this salting? i want to be sure to get a vote in but its still too early.. i want to wait for pavel to log in
10am tomorrow morning. (i think that is what redwill said)

Which means only the night owls will be active. I'm putting my vote in before I leave today for work.

Pavel may not post today (if he is a slug), knowing that w/o him chiming in, the vote may just come down to two or three people voting, and a villager/possible seer is going to be salted because everyone is waiting.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

shafnutz05 wrote:Well now I feel better about switching from Dan to Pavel....that will hurt not having Dan around.
Page 29. This is what I am refering to. This is after Pavel came out as gardener and got Dan salted. Perhaps my comprehension is wrong but you are glad to switch from Dan to Pavel?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

yeah well i will do my best to get a vote in before. i will probably not be on much all the weekend though, we're not shutting down just extending deadlines...?