** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by Troy Loney »

Juice wrote:you have the opportunity to kill the villages last rp, and you pass on it hoping the village kills the rp themselves? monumentally stupid if that's the case...
One other potential thought - the slugs don't know who the gardner is, they did just muff night 2....but they do know that Pavel is neither slug nor gardener because one of the people he says he researched, and said is a villager is actually a slug?

thats a long shot....

Is this at all possible?
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

ok... let's think about this in terms of what we gain the most.

if we let pavel live today, and he's the gardener, the slugs kill him tonight. what do we gain? i guess we would give ourselves a shot at getting an actual slug today.
if we kill pavel today, and he's the gardener, it wouldn't matter because they're going to kill him tonight and he won't get to tell us who he researched.
if we kill pavel today, and he's a slug, we're awesome.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

You don't kill Pavel now. What's the point? If he is the gardener, force the slugs to use their kill on him later on, rather than do the job for them. If he's a slug, we know to be wary of him anyway.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

i need to hear pavel speak
unsalt pavel bure
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Juice wrote:ok... let's think about this in terms of what we gain the most.

if we let pavel live today, and he's the gardener, the slugs kill him tonight. what do we gain? i guess we would give ourselves a shot at getting an actual slug today.
if we kill pavel today, and he's the gardener, it wouldn't matter because they're going to kill him tonight and he won't get to tell us who he researched.

I'm letting him live as far as I'm concerned. If he dies at night then we have our answer. They way you put it, we wait and he's dead regardless, so why push the issue?

I'm better if the slugs make the move and they kill him. I don't want to kill the rp we have left because the slugs let him live last night.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Juice wrote:ok... let's think about this in terms of what we gain the most.

1) We may get an actual slug today or he can clear another villager

2) Why do their job for them. If we kill him today, they just take out another villager. If we don't kill him today, there is a chance we get a slug, and they kill him tonight. Instead of being down a gardener and a villager tomorrow morning, they can be down a slug and we will be down the gardener.

3) If he is a slug, we can be awesome tomorrow if he lives through the night.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

If Pavel scoped someone last night and he says its a slug, take that named player down. If Pavel is right he lives the next day, if he's wrong he dies. Simple as that. Vote on him after this next night phase and see what happens.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Malkamaniac wrote:If Pavel scoped someone last night and he says its a slug, take that named player down. If Pavel is right he lives the next day, if he's wrong he dies. Simple as that. Vote on him after this next night phase and see what happens.
I'm with you. I'm not voting for him today at all.

He is either a slug or the gardener. I'd rather focus on finding someone else out today and let the slugs decide whether to let him go on or not tonight.

This sucks that this had to happen on Friday! Why couldn't this be mid week.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

newarenanow wrote:This sucks that this had to happen on Friday! Why couldn't this be mid week.
Yeah...I HATE the fact that it's Friday today! If I could, I would rewind the clock to Wednesday. Granted, there would be two more days of work again, but we could get this resolved!! :P
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

shafnutz05 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:This sucks that this had to happen on Friday! Why couldn't this be mid week.
Yeah...I HATE the fact that it's Friday today! If I could, I would rewind the clock to Wednesday. Granted, there would be two more days of work again, but we could get this resolved!! :P
Blasphemy....I'm totally content revisiting this on monday...totally something to look forward to when i begrudgingly make my way in monday morning.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

hello world. back from class. reading up. feel free to recap while i sift.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

i'd love to edit out that extra totally i used in that prior post
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

thats a great point...this is about the only reason I look forward to Monday AM. LGP in general, is the only reason I look forward to LGP
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Pavel claimed to be the gardener?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Can someone show me the exact post that Pavel claimed to be the gardener?
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I'm not surprised at all. I said it was a possibility last night that they may go after someone else to mess with us. After the inactivity from the night before, there's no telling what these slugs are gonna do.

We don't even have confirmation that the slugs went for the gardener the previous night shift, or just did nothing.

I believe the slugs are either messing with us, or the Alpha hasn't been keeping up with the thread.

I have to go to work in a few minutes, but I want to point out that, so far today, Juice is making absolutely NO sense, and that's very un-Juicelike.

Looks like i'll have to wait til i get home from work to see what Pavel has to say.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

wait, nevermind, I just found it.......WOW. I don't believe for a second that the slugs would let Pavel go if he was the seer. I am 100% sure he is a slug....at the same time, I am 95% sure he is just a lil slooger. The question isn't whether or not he is the seer. The question is, is it worth keeping Pavel the slug around (and not take anything he says seriously)? i don't want to waste a valuable vote on kicking off a known slooger.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

After posting my last post, I see one post unaware that Pavel claimed to be the gardener, and one asking to see the post where he claimed that.

I reiterate my mentioning of the Alpha not following the thread, thus not knowing Pavel outed himself, if he's the real gardener.

Also, possibility of "real" gardener (should Pavel not be), asking wtf? :lol: while trying not to reveal themself.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

dagny wrote:After posting my last post, I see one post unaware that Pavel claimed to be the gardener, and one asking to see the post where he claimed that.

I reiterate my mentioning of the Alpha not following the thread, thus not knowing Pavel outed himself, if he's the real gardener.

Also, possibility of "real" gardener (should Pavel not be), asking wtf? :lol: while trying not to reveal themself.
I just saw that too. Awesome catch. Defnitely something to think about.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

I really saw that too, but I wasnt about to be like LOOK!. im just glad i wasnt the only one.. :pop: I remember the post of him clearing names.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

After thinking on this, Ive come to the conclusion im salting TroyLoney today for a few reasons.

Was bent on DanH first vote, and with a coinflip being decided with him alive, the following night, He did NOT vote for DanH this time, but instead, did not vote at all. Ive just been following so far and ive noticed 2 things: All his responses either introduce a "possible" idea or are pretty neutral. Being in the action, but not putting his head out there. After packing heat on DanH he followed it up without voting at all... Instead he had a vote logged on Bure, which im still curious about, and then took it off...Maybe up to this point i was wrong with PFIDC & maybe SDM, but I was against the DanH vote.

*Its just a theory but this one sticks with me. 2 games ago i said "i bet my game on it that MWB was a slug", yet i got very little support and im not as confident, but I feel as if im right. Ive kept with SDM through 2, although if i was around I probably wouldve changed it..

Spoiler:
I feel like Beerman is playing a very different game. beerman has been just chillin and chiming in various times; just bringing that to the table. :pop:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

shafnutz05 wrote:wait, nevermind, I just found it.......WOW. I don't believe for a second that the slugs would let Pavel go if he was the seer. I am 100% sure he is a slug....at the same time, I am 95% sure he is just a lil slooger. The question isn't whether or not he is the seer. The question is, is it worth keeping Pavel the slug around (and not take anything he says seriously)? i don't want to waste a valuable vote on kicking off a known slooger.
Can you direct me to this?
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

k. class till 2. hopefully i come back to a few ideas/votes and we can try to work on something?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Senka wrote:After thinking on this, Ive come to the conclusion im salting TroyLoney today for a few reasons.

Was bent on DanH first vote, and with a coinflip being decided with him alive, the following night, He did NOT vote for DanH this time, but instead, did not vote at all. Ive just been following so far and ive noticed 2 things: All his responses either introduce a "possible" idea or are pretty neutral. Being in the action, but not putting his head out there. After packing heat on DanH he followed it up without voting at all... Instead he had a vote logged on Bure, which im still curious about, and then took it off...Maybe up to this point i was wrong with PFIDC & maybe SDM, but I was against the DanH vote.

*Its just a theory but this one sticks with me. 2 games ago i said "i bet my game on it that MWB was a slug", yet i got very little support and im not as confident, but I feel as if im right. Ive kept with SDM through 2, although if i was around I probably wouldve changed it..

Spoiler:
I feel like Beerman is playing a very different game. beerman has been just chillin and chiming in various times; just bringing that to the table. :pop:
I'll jump on board with you. I also brought up beerman about a page or so back, pretty much saying the same thing as you.

And Troy has been sticking out to me a little because of what you said, just neutral, trying to keep a pressence, but not sticking his head out there.

I have a quick question for the redwill:

Does the vote of today end tonight at midnight or over the weekend? If so, then I'll make my vote by 5:00 today. If not, then I will vote Monday morning.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Pavel Bure wrote:Alright I said I wasn't gonna do this unless the vote was locked into a coin flip situation and I guess it's my fault for being so active. I was of the whole "hide in plain sight" thought process. Especially after the first two role players went down so fast. I'm guessing the slugs tried to recruit me last night and failed hence the no kill. I am the seer.

Night 1 - I investigated NAN cause well I've never played this game and it was a shot in the dark for me. NAN is town.

Night 2 - I investigated Juice since he was pushing for Dan without reason. Juice is also town.

Sorry guys, should have just taken my own advice and sat back. From what I've done today I think Troy Loney and Dagny are clear as well. I was going to investigate MWB tonight but even if he isn't a slug I'm dead. There's the info. Sorry I suck but I didn't want to risk a coin flip.
Here you go