** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by shafnutz05 »

Hmm....interesting. My first instinct is to immediately salt Pavel Bure...however, the fight between Pavel and LITT was well known yesterday. This would be a perfect baiting.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

ok so bure isn't the gardener
salt pavel bure
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

good bye world. remember me as a bee keeper
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

newarenanow wrote:Wow, that did suprise me.
Yeah...I really have no idea whats going on...
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

if bure was the gardener it would be VERY stupid for the slugs to let him live
if he isn't the gardener it would be VERY stupid for us to let him live
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Juice wrote:ok so bure isn't the gardener
salt pavel bure
Because he said you're a villager and you're really a slug. :pop:

I'm not ready to salt him yet.

If he is really the gardener, then it is dumb to salt him.

If he isn't, then he most likely is a slug, and we can keep him as our "known slug" and salt him later. I'd rather search for the other ones IMO.

Basically, Bure is either the gardener or a slug.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

newarenanow wrote:
salt pavel bure

If he isn't, then he most likely is a slug, and we can keep him as our "known slug" and salt him later. I'd rather search for the other ones IMO.

Bure had a chance to look right? Only thing I question now is why didn't the slugs take him out. Highly suspect, but it also makes me feel like a veteran is playing the slug game.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

good luck villagers!
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Malkamaniac wrote: Bure had a chance to look right? Only thing I question now is why didn't the slugs take him out. Highly suspect, but it also makes me feel like a veteran is playing the slug game.
They only thing I can think of is that they would know the village would jump right on him if he wasn't eaten, therefore they take out a villager, and we take out the gardener, doing the dirty work for them. Yes, they are sacrificing maybe having one of their own caught, but it's early and the chances of the gardener finding one is still small.

And if he truly isn't the gardener, then he is either a selfish villager trying to save himself, or he is a slug. I'd lean towards slug. I'd rather have a known slug out there and use this time to find the others.

I'm not willing to take the chance to salt him and him really be the gardener right now. I am willing to let a slug slide a few more rounds though and then take him out then.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

cup keeper wrote:Defending a suspected slug. That PM could have been one of many and the others were about your slug strategy. This is very questionable as far as your standing in this village. And to think I defended you yesterday and salted a role player.
This last post for cup keeper is really standing out to me for whatever reason. He made this about 24 hours ago, and hasn't posted since. He has been more active than normal (at least I think he has). I do not believe Senka is a slug; and when Dan H came out and defended Senka the other day, cup keeper almost immediately went after Dan with the above argument, which was questionable at the very least. Coming out of left field with this one....cup keeper is under the radar, but he's definitely lurking.

salt cup keeper
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I'd keep an eye on beerman too. He's been quiet and under the radar. Usually very helpful with the village, but unless I'm missing something (which I may because I haven't been around much the last two days), he hasn't been discussing strategy much.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

newarenanow wrote:
salt pavel bure

Ok....So i just want to make sure i'm understanding everything right now:

Sexta didn't know how to protect himself and unfortunately got picked right away.

The Slugs either did nothing the second night or tried to recruit the gardener.

Pavel Bure says he's the gardener when he's about to die, and the slugs know this because they tried to recuity him....i've seen nothing definitive to say that the slugs just didn't mess up and neglect to send the pm...but i really don't know...if the slugs know who the gardner is they're going to just off them....which they didn't.

I'm confused...
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

shafnutz05 wrote:
cup keeper wrote:Defending a suspected slug. That PM could have been one of many and the others were about your slug strategy. This is very questionable as far as your standing in this village. And to think I defended you yesterday and salted a role player.
This last post for cup keeper is really standing out to me for whatever reason. He made this about 24 hours ago, and hasn't posted since. He has been more active than normal (at least I think he has). I do not believe Senka is a slug; and when Dan H came out and defended Senka the other day, cup keeper almost immediately went after Dan with the above argument, which was questionable at the very least. Coming out of left field with this one....cup keeper is under the radar, but he's definitely lurking.

salt cup keeper
I have a feeling going after a relatively quiet player at this point in time may be the thing to do. We could get lucky and find a slug, waiting on who Pavel looked at.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Yeah, for some reason cup keeper's behavior is a little odd to me. Then me see if i can pull some other stuff
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

wow a lot has happened since I was last on, something seems a bit shady with Pavel to me but I don't think salting him is the best bet as of now. It seems like it might be a good play by the slugs to let him go because then everyone would want to salt him thinking he must be a slug.

Pavel could also just be a regular villager sticking his neck out, if so the real seer could've investigated him last night found out he's blue and just let him be the diversion.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

shafnutz05 wrote:Yeah, for some reason cup keeper's behavior is a little odd to me. Then me see if i can pull some other stuff
That quote you had on him from yesterday stood out to me as well. Plus he hasn't talked much and did the "oh crap we lost a rp" thing which I think is usually just seems like it's more to try and throw people off.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote:
Pavel Bure says he's the gardener when he's about to die, and the slugs know this because they tried to recuity him....i've seen nothing definitive to say that the slugs just didn't mess up and neglect to send the pm...but i really don't know...if the slugs know who the gardner is they're going to just off them....which they didn't.
My thought is one of two things:

1) The slugs could just be f'ing with us. They took out another villager to dwindle our numbers and think that the village will just jump in and vote out Pavel, thus we take out our final RP and all look like idiots.

2) Pavel is a slug.

Right now at this stage of the game, I'd rather let a known slug go for now and vote him off later than taking the chance of voting out our gardener.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

can anyone explain to me the reasoning behind the slugs letting the gardener live?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

My thought is one of two things:

1) The slugs could just be f'ing with us. They took out another villager to dwindle our numbers and think that the village will just jump in and vote out Pavel, thus we take out our final RP and all look like idiots.

2) Pavel is a slug.

Right now at this stage of the game, I'd rather let a known slug go for now and vote him off later than taking the chance of voting out our gardener.
This is my feeling as well NAN. I really think a good vet is behind all of this. Juice, Canaan, Corvi, Beerman could be high up.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

i just cannot fathom any possible reason why they would do that if he is the gardener
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Juice wrote:i just cannot fathom any possible reason why they would do that if he is the gardener
Well you should know, you guys decided to do this :pop:
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Juice wrote:can anyone explain to me the reasoning behind the slugs letting the gardener live?
If they let him live the village assumes he's a slug and salts him automatically would be my only guess. It's probably pretty risky for them in the chance he'd find a slug the night they let him survive though. The more I think about it seems like a pretty dumb move actually.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

you have the opportunity to kill the villages last rp, and you pass on it hoping the village kills the rp themselves? monumentally stupid if that's the case...
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Juice wrote:can anyone explain to me the reasoning behind the slugs letting the gardener live?
I did like 3 times.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Juice wrote:you have the opportunity to kill the villages last rp, and you pass on it hoping the village kills the rp themselves? monumentally stupid if that's the case...
And if that is the case, we have a known slug.

Why not spend this round looking for another slug. If he goes through another night, then we should know our answer whether he is a slug or not.

I don't think the slugs would be willing let the gardener go two nights in a row.

I'm also not voting for him until he speaks. In fact, I'm probably not voting for him THIS round.