Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by Dan H »

Troy Loney wrote:
Dan H wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:salt DanH

Even though i don't like it....i think his identity needs to be put out there and we should really look at the people who have been pushing for him (besides Juice IMO)...i think they're using Juice's cloak as a diversionary tactic.
Troy, I don't get what you mean by "Juice's cloak." Are you willing to elaborate?
That anyone (potentially a slug) can keep subtly bringing you up throughout the game as a potential person to salt....and while they become the drivers for getting you salted, the perception in the game is that juice is the one who implicated you, and if your not a slug, juice might be one.
Oh, so *I'm* the diversionary tactic? I might actually agree with you. If the slugs kept me suspicious, but with enough support to actually stick around and avoid salting, they might keep their own slimy skins out of the salt bag for a few more rounds. Now, when I get salted and I'm a villager, the village has to decide if Juice was also a villager and the slugs jumped behind his erroneous accusation thinking they could always claim "Well, I was following Juice and he's S-M-R-T," or if Juice is just a slug. I'm leaning toward the latter explanation right now. It's not a typical slug tactic to come out loudly against somebody on the first day, but think of what the slug team might do if Juice got randomly picked as a slug again. They KNOW the seer is going to investigate Juice early. They could leave him out on his own little island to do as much damage as possible before he got discovered. That seems a better use of him than letting him meekly try to blend in.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Dan H wrote: Oh, so *I'm* the diversionary tactic? I might actually agree with you. If the slugs kept me suspicious, but with enough support to actually stick around and avoid salting, they might keep their own slimy skins out of the salt bag for a few more rounds. Now, when I get salted and I'm a villager, the village has to decide if Juice was also a villager and the slugs jumped behind his erroneous accusation thinking they could always claim "Well, I was following Juice and he's S-M-R-T," or if Juice is just a slug. I'm leaning toward the latter explanation right now. It's not a typical slug tactic to come out loudly against somebody on the first day, but think of what the slug team might do if Juice got randomly picked as a slug again. They KNOW the seer is going to investigate Juice early. They could leave him out on his own little island to do as much damage as possible before he got discovered. That seems a better use of him than letting him meekly try to blend in.
The weird thing is from what you posted yesterday when I asked why people were trying to salt you it was simply based on you expressing that it sucks the doctor was killed (Sorry I know it's the sexta, I just use general terms) It's not like there's a basis for wanting to lynch you other than you said it sucked the doc was killed and now just because PFIDC came back as town and you were the other largest train.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Can someone explain why Dan H is the target of all of this suspicion? I voted for him yesterday on a bandwagon vote, but it seems that votes are really sticking to him. What is the reasoning here?
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

i dont get it either. im not about it.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Malkamaniac wrote:
BTW, are we freezing this over the weekend, because I will be on here like for 5 total minutes all weekend.
We usually freeze right? I'll be in the same boat.
We gave up locking the thread on the weekends. Freezing the game would be up to the mod.

Almost caught up now, and I got nuthin'.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

mac5155 wrote:hm so someone want to fill me in on what happened? i feel like a bum. i slept until 2:00 PM :lol:
I slept until 1:30. :shock:

I hate it when I do that.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Pavel Bure wrote:
crayz wrote:Gardener still has a good shot at helping us through this. If I were them, I would do the following approach:

Every night search for a slug, if I get one write it down...do not share. Do not do anything obvious like next day call out that slug. Just play the game like a normal villager. Make random accusations (especially at known villagers) so the slugs stay off your trail. Once you have 2-3 slugs (if not all of them) or its getting late in the game...make a post...I'm the gardener, I found out a, b, c are slugs...vote them off. More then likely i'll die tonight, but you now have a list to work off.

It's all luck that the gardener finds slugs and the slugs don't nom the gardener luckily.

be our eyes mr(s). gardnerer :thumb:
This is what I was getting at on day 1 with saying the seer would do best to not draw a ton of attention to themselves. Even if they don't peg slugs with their investigations coming out after a few days could potentially clear a good portion of the town after which the group that is left would be much easier to figure out who is a slug and who isn't.

Page 13

Troy Loney wrote:unsalt sdm

salt danh

To promote a potential coin flip at the end.
Page 15
dagny wrote:salt PFIDC

I don't think he's a RP, if he is, that was not smart drawing so much negative attention to yourself. Mostly, I am against getting rid of Dan this early, so, if nothing else, coin toss? unless someone else changes.

Btw, while you're all citing Juice's expertise, and Dan's analytical skills, don't forget Pavel Bure. He may "seem" a noob to the game, but his most certainly an expert. Could be a useful ally or dangerous foe.
After going back and looking near the end of day 1 (the last 2 hours) I'm looking at Dagny and Troy Loney. The both of you made votes trying to promote a coin flip instead of trying to make an educated choice? Given I realize hindsight is 20/20 but at the time why did you guys not want to look for a solid reason and were just looking for a coinflip?

I'm in california. I had to work that night and got home from work close to the deadline.

Once I got caught up with the thread, I realized it seemed that I was the only one online who could still cast a vote before 9:00, er midnight :wink: . Dan was one ahead. I was against salting Dan.

You left out my post saying I was waiting for PFIDC's input before I voted. After he posted and pulled the "maybe I am, maybe be i'm not" act again, I decided to vote for him. There was no way my vote could give PFIDC the majority, so coin toss was my only hope.

However, I purposely mentioned the coin toss possibility, hoping anyone else who didn't want it to get to a flip would make/change a vote.

Our objective in that salt round was to eliminate players who intentionally confuse, no?

As I mentioned, I did not believe PFIDC was a RP. So, it became a choice between PFIDC and Dan, and I chose PFIDC, for the reasons mentioned above.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

That does make sense. Troy Loney is the only one that doesn't look good to me right now although I'm currently chalking that up to not many people being active right now. Hopefully more light will be shed later tonight.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Pavel Bure wrote:That does make sense. Troy Loney is the only one that doesn't look good to me right now although I'm currently chalking that up to not many people being active right now. Hopefully more light will be shed later tonight.
What is funny from my perspective is, I wrote my replies AS I encountered the posts I replied to. So, I wrote that BEFORE I saw Loney's reply and the exchanges between the two of you. :lol:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I'm leaning toward MWB. I don't know exactly why. I watched how he played the last game as the angel. I knew the roles and I could not believe most of the choices he made. He was very detrimental to the village. If it wasn't for jaysmiter, the village woulda lost.

I get a slight suspicion from his posts this game. I don't know if it's residual effects of the last game, or not, though. :lol:

Logically, it would be good to know Dan's ID now, so I'm no longer opposed to voting for him. The same goes for Senka. However, since we have so much more time in this game, I'm in no hurry to cast a vote yet.

Ultimately, we've got nothing concrete to go on. I believe MWB will not be good for the village. Since that's all I have to go on, that's why I'm leaning toward him.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Pavel Bure wrote:That does make sense. Troy Loney is the only one that doesn't look good to me right now although I'm currently chalking that up to not many people being active right now. Hopefully more light will be shed later tonight.
I find it interesting that you stated during day 1 that people who make lists are just diverting attention from themselves. Yet today you've basically called out three people (LITT, Troy, Dagny) without, in my mind, any solid reasoning.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

just go ahead and salt me....i'd rather you just go ahead and realize that i'm nothing, and then you end up back in square one and will spend another day debating what all of the DanH suspicion was about...

I don't mind being called out....but your accusations are baseless and if you want to salt me thats fine...but i find it dumbfounding that you think your suspicions has any substance to it.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

dagny wrote:I'm leaning toward MWB. I don't know exactly why. I watched how he played the last game as the angel. I knew the roles and I could not believe most of the choices he made. He was very detrimental to the village. If it wasn't for jaysmiter, the village woulda lost.
Hmm, okay. What choices would those be exactly? I believe I differed with jays on one thing, and that was Juice, during that game.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

unsalt danh

salt pavel bure

here's my baseless reasoning....I'm not a slug, Pavel wants to salt me...he must be a slug...
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

dagny wrote: Logically, it would be good to know Dan's ID now, so I'm no longer opposed to voting for him. The same goes for Senka. However, since we have so much more time in this game, I'm in no hurry to cast a vote yet.

Ultimately, we've got nothing concrete to go on. I believe MWB will not be good for the village. Since that's all I have to go on, that's why I'm leaning toward him.
Also find it ironic that you think I'll be bad for the village yet you just stated the exact same opinion on voting for Dan H and Senka that I posted several pages ago.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Troy Loney wrote:just go ahead and salt me....i'd rather you just go ahead and realize that i'm nothing, and then you end up back in square one and will spend another day debating what all of the DanH suspicion was about...

I don't mind being called out....but your accusations are baseless and if you want to salt me thats fine...but i find it dumbfounding that you think your suspicions has any substance to it.
Troy Loney wrote:unsalt danh

salt pavel bure

here's my baseless reasoning....I'm not a slug, Pavel wants to salt me...he must be a slug...
I guess you can't read cause I haven't salted you. You haven't given me enough to salt you. Watching you tilt over what you yourself have said is nothing is pretty funny though. Maybe you should try to chill out, wait for some more people, and learn how to tell if someone has voted to salt you or not. Reading comprehension, it's your friend, use it.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

:pop:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:just go ahead and salt me....i'd rather you just go ahead and realize that i'm nothing, and then you end up back in square one and will spend another day debating what all of the DanH suspicion was about...

Troy Loney wrote:unsalt danh

salt pavel bure

I guess you can't read cause I haven't salted you. You haven't given me enough to salt you. Watching you tilt over what you yourself have said is nothing is pretty funny though. Maybe you should try to chill out, wait for some more people, and learn how to tell if someone has voted to salt you or not. Reading comprehension, it's your friend, use it.
I'm getting defensive, isnt that what you want?
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

MWB wrote:
dagny wrote: Logically, it would be good to know Dan's ID now, so I'm no longer opposed to voting for him. The same goes for Senka. However, since we have so much more time in this game, I'm in no hurry to cast a vote yet.

Also find it ironic that you think I'll be bad for the village yet you just stated the exact same opinion on voting for Dan H and Senka that I posted several pages ago.
If Dan didn't already have so many votes by the time I posted, I wouldn't be for it. But, logically, at this point, with so many votes and people leaning toward it, and the activity between him and Senka - basically, what developed in the time SINCE you posted it, is what makes me not argue against it. Therefore, I agree to consider it.

As for last game, I don't have time to go through the thread. All I can say is, I don't remember having so many facepalm moments, with one player, as I watched a game progress. :lol: And, please don't take offense, that's not my intention. (The bird, Zaro, sucked too, up until his last shot. :lol: ) I'm just being honest about what I observed. I can say, if you hadn't fought so vehemently against salting Juice in that game, you woulda got him and all the other slugs would've fell into line. If jaysmiter hadn't fought you so vehemently, the village would've gone down.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Dan H - 5 (Juice, NAN, cup keeper, crayz, mac)
Pavel Bure - 3 (LITT, shafnutz05, Troy Loney)
Juice - 1 (Dan H)
Senka - 1 (canaan)
sdm - 1 (Senka)
Troy Loney - 1 (Corvidae)
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Troy Loney wrote:
Wow you're tilting pretty hard. You answered what I was asking you earlier and I let up. You just seem arrogant in that you somehow can't believe that I would question the great "Troy Loney." Like I said it's funny you're tilting pretty hard but it's not helping.
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

I totally buy Dagny's explanation right now.

I went back and looked at Juice's initial post jumping on me to try to answer slappybrown's question of why I'm getting votes, and it seems I misread it at the time. Anyway, the train of votes for me began when Juice quoted my post, said it was silly and unlike me, and was as good an indicator of slug-ness as anything in Day 1. I thought he was saying my suggestion to use Day 1 to vote out confusing or historically nonparticipating people was silly. That would have been extremely unJuicelike, which is why I jumped right back at him. Upon rereading now, I think he was saying my "holy hopping Jebus on a pogo stick, that sux0rz" about the sexta biting it the first night was silly, and since he believes I'm always humorless and solemn (note to self: MUST tell my wife SOMEONE in the world thinks that), maybe that meant I'm a slug. A few others followed him, perhaps for lack of better things to go on during Day 1. Today, someone else jumped on me for contradicting his theory that Senka might have failed to get in an alpha-slug PM yesterday because he wasn't on by confirming he had been on. As far as I know, that's the evidence against me.

With the holy hopping Jebus thing, well, if I really have to defend that, think of what you said when you watched MAF accidentally glove a puck into the net the other night. Did you curse out loud? Did you grin, remind yourself it's just a game, and say some silly euphemistic invective to express frustration at an unlikely and unfortunate event that, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't mean a lot? There you go.

At this point, some of the votes against me might be perfectly legitimate. Once my role is proven, maybe people can tell something based upon who voted for me or wanted to keep me in the game. Obviously I think it would be better for the village to salt a slug today than to salt me, but if we're gonna salt a non-slug, even I think I'm the best guy for the job right now. I'm not the seer, and salting me could remove a convenient scapegoat for the slug team.

Anyway, I'm less confident in my suspicion of Juice than I was before I realized he wasn't calling my perfectly sensible strategy silly, but was referring to my intentionally amusing "oh snap" reaction to the slugs nailing their first nom. He may still be a slug, but whatever. Obviously I totally misplayed it on Day 1, seeing a "mistake" and evidence that wasn't actually there, and then defending myself rather than letting the votes run up (on Day 1, SOMEONE has to get bandwagoned), resulting in our losing the bird and my outing myself as a non-roleplayer half an hour before I thought I was gonna get the salt.

So, anyway, if I'm still way in the lead later this evening, I'll try to reread a bit and post what little suspicions I can glean.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
Wow you're tilting pretty hard. You answered what I was asking you earlier and I let up. You just seem arrogant in that you somehow can't believe that I would question the great "Troy Loney." Like I said it's funny you're tilting pretty hard but it's not helping.
Not that necessarily...just that your asking me to try and explain a random first day vote...it was random, as i said, which you seem to think is bunk and want to seem to try and keep saying im "suspicious cause of that
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

dagny wrote: As for last game, I don't have time to go through the thread. All I can say is, I don't remember having so many facepalm moments, with one player, as I watched a game progress. :lol: And, please don't take offense, that's not my intention. (The bird, Zaro, sucked too, up until his last shot. :lol: ) I'm just being honest about what I observed. I can say, if you hadn't fought so vehemently against salting Juice in that game, you woulda got him and all the other slugs would've fell into line. If jaysmiter hadn't fought you so vehemently, the village would've gone down.
This will be my last response on this subject, because it seems to follow a common theme which only hurts the village. In each game you seem to end up in a drawn out argument with someone, which in turn is much more detrimental to the village than me being wrong about someone.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Troy Loney wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
Not that necessarily...just that your asking me to try and explain a random first day vote...it was random, as i said, which you seem to think is bunk and want to seem to try and keep saying im "suspicious cause of that
You're more suspicious because you're acting like a pretentious moron. Course that makes me lean more towards you being town than anything. It's not like I'm trying to start a train on you.