** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by Troy Loney »

salt DanH

Even though i don't like it....i think his identity needs to be put out there and we should really look at the people who have been pushing for him (besides Juice IMO)...i think they're using Juice's cloak as a diversionary tactic.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Malkamaniac wrote:
BTW, are we freezing this over the weekend, because I will be on here like for 5 total minutes all weekend.
We usually freeze right? I'll be in the same boat.
considering its 24/24, youd only miss one day and one night if we kept it. we're already on pace for 2 weeks+. Besides, you only need to stop in for 5 mins to PM. :pop:

lol im not against the lock but i wont really care if not. ill be around this weekend anyways with the pens game on. (saturday would be the dayphase). so im up for whatev. I was always against the lock myself, but Im bound to make drunk posts if its unlocked. lol
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

newarenanow wrote:BTW, are we freezing this over the weekend, because I will be on here like for 5 total minutes all weekend.
We certainly can do this.

The way it would work, I suppose, is that we'll start another day phase tomorrow morning sometime. That should end Saturday morning (or shorten it to end at midnight, if y'all like). Then, if I get PMs, I can do another night phase and then start another day phase. It won't be frozen, per se, but the deadline will just be set to something like Monday noon.

Let me know what you think.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Senka wrote:considering its 24/24
It's no longer 24/24. Read up, fella. :P
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

redwill wrote:
Senka wrote:considering its 24/24
It's no longer 24/24. Read up, fella. :P
statistics show, theres a 50/50 chance i read up. I did -- or i didnt. :thumb:
Its simple probability. lol
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

I'm detecting simple BS. ;)
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

hm so someone want to fill me in on what happened? i feel like a bum. i slept until 2:00 PM :lol:
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

crayz wrote:Gardener still has a good shot at helping us through this. If I were them, I would do the following approach:

Every night search for a slug, if I get one write it down...do not share. Do not do anything obvious like next day call out that slug. Just play the game like a normal villager. Make random accusations (especially at known villagers) so the slugs stay off your trail. Once you have 2-3 slugs (if not all of them) or its getting late in the game...make a post...I'm the gardener, I found out a, b, c are slugs...vote them off. More then likely i'll die tonight, but you now have a list to work off.

It's all luck that the gardener finds slugs and the slugs don't nom the gardener luckily.

be our eyes mr(s). gardnerer :thumb:
This is what I was getting at on day 1 with saying the seer would do best to not draw a ton of attention to themselves. Even if they don't peg slugs with their investigations coming out after a few days could potentially clear a good portion of the town after which the group that is left would be much easier to figure out who is a slug and who isn't.

Page 13

Troy Loney wrote:unsalt sdm

salt danh

To promote a potential coin flip at the end.
Page 15
dagny wrote:salt PFIDC

I don't think he's a RP, if he is, that was not smart drawing so much negative attention to yourself. Mostly, I am against getting rid of Dan this early, so, if nothing else, coin toss? unless someone else changes.

Btw, while you're all citing Juice's expertise, and Dan's analytical skills, don't forget Pavel Bure. He may "seem" a noob to the game, but his most certainly an expert. Could be a useful ally or dangerous foe.
After going back and looking near the end of day 1 (the last 2 hours) I'm looking at Dagny and Troy Loney. The both of you made votes trying to promote a coin flip instead of trying to make an educated choice? Given I realize hindsight is 20/20 but at the time why did you guys not want to look for a solid reason and were just looking for a coinflip?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Pavel Bure wrote:
crayz wrote:Gardener still has a good shot at helping us through this. If I were them, I would do the following approach:

Every night search for a slug, if I get one write it down...do not share. Do not do anything obvious like next day call out that slug. Just play the game like a normal villager. Make random accusations (especially at known villagers) so the slugs stay off your trail. Once you have 2-3 slugs (if not all of them) or its getting late in the game...make a post...I'm the gardener, I found out a, b, c are slugs...vote them off. More then likely i'll die tonight, but you now have a list to work off.

It's all luck that the gardener finds slugs and the slugs don't nom the gardener luckily.

be our eyes mr(s). gardnerer :thumb:
This is what I was getting at on day 1 with saying the seer would do best to not draw a ton of attention to themselves. Even if they don't peg slugs with their investigations coming out after a few days could potentially clear a good portion of the town after which the group that is left would be much easier to figure out who is a slug and who isn't.

Page 13

Troy Loney wrote:unsalt sdm

salt danh

To promote a potential coin flip at the end.
Page 15
dagny wrote:salt PFIDC

I don't think he's a RP, if he is, that was not smart drawing so much negative attention to yourself. Mostly, I am against getting rid of Dan this early, so, if nothing else, coin toss? unless someone else changes.

Btw, while you're all citing Juice's expertise, and Dan's analytical skills, don't forget Pavel Bure. He may "seem" a noob to the game, but his most certainly an expert. Could be a useful ally or dangerous foe.
After going back and looking near the end of day 1 (the last 2 hours) I'm looking at Dagny and Troy Loney. The both of you made votes trying to promote a coin flip instead of trying to make an educated choice? Given I realize hindsight is 20/20 but at the time why did you guys not want to look for a solid reason and were just looking for a coinflip?

Pish Posh....i'd love to see a rational argument for salting someone on day one...
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Pavel Bure wrote:Given I realize hindsight is 20/20 but at the time why did you guys not want to look for a solid reason and were just looking for a coinflip?
Scared to make a choice and get blamed for voting out a RP or villager is the most likely scenario.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Pish Posh....i'd love to see a rational argument for salting someone on day one...
That's what I think. It's day one.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

im gonna be honest, i dont know who i want to give my vote towards 100%. i have a list but i dont want to disclose it for fear of repercussions overnight. so, i will go with

salt DanH

again, it's early but its not because of the loss of the 2 RPs. I think if we go with DanH though and he is a slug, it seals my fate because I tried to get the vote on pfidc. but whatevs, losing me wouldnt help the village. if that's the case, i would look into who swayed the vote, because IIRC pfidc was down 1 vote and 2 last minute votes put him over the top.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Troy Loney wrote:

Right cause PFIDC didn't say something incredibly stupid that pointed to them being a total moron and what would most likely be a detriment to the town. Also given the reactions of other players Dan seems like he's considered a pretty good player. From your response here it looks like your move on day 1 was a "best of both worlds" vote for lack of a better term. In other words it benefited you and your slug brothers to have a town person killed and you didn't really care which one it was.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

only slept til 2?? lol I got up at 1 to finish homework. I worked on it til 3am befor passing out.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

im heading out for a while but will check back later on, FallYI
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

Right cause PFIDC didn't say something incredibly stupid that pointed to them being a total moron and what would most likely be a detriment to the town. Also given the reactions of other players Dan seems like he's considered a pretty good player. From your response here it looks like your move on day 1 was a "best of both worlds" vote for lack of a better term. In other words it benefited you and your slug brothers to have a town person killed and you didn't really care which one it was.

Your right...i didn't care...i figured they're both probably villagers so it didn't matter...my theory is to implicate as few people as possible early on because your just as likely to out a slug as you are to out a role player...just making baseless accusations and shifting the bandwagon from player to player is not productive...and see what happened here....if you really think i'm a slug why don't you just go ahead and vote for me?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Dan H - 6 (Juice, NAN, cup keeper, crayz, Troy Loney, mac)
Pavel Bure - 2 (LITT, shafnutz05)
Juice - 1 (Dan H)
Senka - 1 (canaan)
sdm - 1 (Senka)
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

Troy Loney wrote:salt DanH

Even though i don't like it....i think his identity needs to be put out there and we should really look at the people who have been pushing for him (besides Juice IMO)...i think they're using Juice's cloak as a diversionary tactic.
Troy, I don't get what you mean by "Juice's cloak." Are you willing to elaborate?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

First days are first days. You can't honestly tell me you can nab a slug one the first salt. Unless your lucky, the odds are not in your favor. I still don't get how being confusing and wishy washy when you post things isn't a grounds to get salted. He did it, and he paid for it. Regardless if he said

"I could go after you"

Oh ok, so you're either the Alpha, the shooter, unless you say you're the shooter, you're as good as dead and salted in my book. He's played that style numerous games and he got called on it. Confusing the village is just as bad as saying nothing, if not worse because it works in the slugs favor.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Dan H wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:salt DanH

Troy, I don't get what you mean by "Juice's cloak." Are you willing to elaborate?
That anyone (potentially a slug) can keep subtly bringing you up throughout the game as a potential person to salt....and while they become the drivers for getting you salted, the perception in the game is that juice is the one who implicated you, and if your not a slug, juice might be one.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Troy Loney wrote:

Your right...i didn't care...i figured they're both probably villagers so it didn't matter...my theory is to implicate as few people as possible early on because your just as likely to out a slug as you are to out a role player...just making baseless accusations and shifting the bandwagon from player to player is not productive...and see what happened here....if you really think i'm a slug why don't you just go ahead and vote for me?
So you thought they were both villagers anyway and still voted for one of them? You're basically saying you wanted to kill a town member. As for me thinking you're a slug and not voting. I'd rather ask you questions and give you a chance to defend yourself.

Basically it's this. A lynch was going to happen even without your vote. You already stated you thought they were both town. So why cast your vote? Especially a vote that would put a player who isn't confusing in a coin flip with a player that is confusing. It doesn't make sense and you're not doing a very good job of defending yourself.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

So you thought they were both villagers anyway and still voted for one of them? You're basically saying you wanted to kill a town member. As for me thinking you're a slug and not voting. I'd rather ask you questions and give you a chance to defend yourself.

Basically it's this. A lynch was going to happen even without your vote. You already stated you thought they were both town. So why cast your vote? Especially a vote that would put a player who isn't confusing in a coin flip with a player that is confusing. It doesn't make sense and you're not doing a very good job of defending yourself.

the new guys got it all figured out lol. Hey im open to new ideas and such. but it was day 1. chillax for a bit lol. As for PFIDC i WAS that coinflip and i failed. so i really dont blame Troy for that assist. not to mention, if DanH hangs tonight as a slug, im next for defending the guy. but if thats the case, the seer will atleast get a couple more nights pending NOM.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

I'm note sure what your looking for in terms of defense....I'm a pessimist and figured that neither of the called out players was a slug...so i voted along the lines of the person not claiming to be the vigilante....seems reasonable right?

I was not going to try and provide some "stop this" argument to try and deflect attention to someone else who i'd be pretty convinced is not a slug...ie i have no idea who's bad right now and who's not bad...so why try and bang my head up against a wall at this point to try and argue when i have nothing to argue about?
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

mac,

I'm not so sure the final votes in the me vs PFIDC vote will turn out to be that important. I don't think many people really believed PFIDC when he did his "you don't want to salt me" thing. I didn't. If I had believed him, I would have eaten the salt to keep a role player in, rather than switching my vote to him out of self-defense. Anyway, it was the first day, some people (including me) wanted to use that vote to get rid of historically confusing individuals, and some of the people who switched to PFIDC probably did so simply because they (correctly, as you'll see tonight) believed I'm probably a villager, and (incorrectly) took PFIDC's schtick to be his usual obscuring cloud of chaff. Of course, it's also possible some voters were slugs who voted for PFIDC either because they thought he might actually be a role player or wanted to somehow position themselves for later.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

salt Troy Loney