Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by newarenanow »

Awesome.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Aren't there like 8 or 9 people who are supposed to get salted now for breaking the vow of silence? How do we decide who gets it?

pfidc = boy who cried wolf?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

MWB wrote:Aren't there like 8 or 9 people who are supposed to get salted now for breaking the vow of silence? How do we decide who gets it?

pfidc = boy who cried wolf?
At this point, I don't think it really matters....
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

MWB wrote:pfidc = boy who cried wolf?
That's pretty much how I'm reading it, too.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Dan H wrote:
MWB wrote:pfidc = boy who cried wolf?
That's pretty much how I'm reading it, too.

Well, it's that way every game.

You don't want to do this because I could or could or can't or won't or will be whatever. All the time, every game.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

ZOMG STOP TALKINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Isn't night over now?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

shafnutz05 wrote:Isn't night over now?

each cycle day OR night is 24 hours...the next writeup will be tonight at midnight.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

oh...jeebus
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Troy Loney wrote:

each cycle day OR night is 24 hours...the next writeup will be tonight at midnight.
That seems a bit long? Going to last a month.

Here's to hoping 24 hrs day, 12 hr night....
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

I'm sorry, but this is extremely lame. It probably ruined the game.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Twisted Wrister wrote:I'm sorry, but this is extremely lame. It probably ruined the game.

Last game there was a paricipation problem...and i can't think of anything that would mute participation more than designated writeup times....the anticipation and uncertainty of the writeup is what generates response and action as far as i can tell...but whatevs..
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Not to mention the fact that I am sleeping every time a writeup comes out. :(
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

TALK TALK TALK TALK
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

crayz wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

That seems a bit long? Going to last a month.

Here's to hoping 24 hrs day, 12 hr night....
I've been requesting this all the way through the thread. Actually, I said, if all the PMs are in, then why not do the write up (whenever redwill has time once PMs are in) and start the next day cycle?

And, when did Juice become the "god" of the game? Who cares that he demanded silence? He ain't running this game, and this is a different breed with ridiculously long night phases. Besides, we're already down 2 RPs, having nothing at all to do with talking at night. Can we really damage ourselves that much more? :lol:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Nope!! At this point, I say we vote for Dan H. If Dan H is a slug, then we vote for every single person that voted for PFIDC last game. If he isn't a slug, back at square one. That is the only foreseeable solution right now.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

shafnutz05 wrote:Nope!! At this point, I say we vote for Dan H. If Dan H is a slug, then we vote for every single person that voted for PFIDC last game. If he isn't a slug, back at square one. That is the only foreseeable solution right now.
Last ROUND, I meant to say
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

dagny wrote:And, when did Juice become the "god" of the game? Who cares that he demanded silence? He ain't running this game, and this is a different breed with ridiculously long night phases. Besides, we're already down 2 RPs, having nothing at all to do with talking at night. Can we really damage ourselves that much more? :lol:
there's a very good reason, and I'd bet that at least part of the reason juice wants a quite night comes from the first recruit game. I won't elaborate during the night, if everyone wants to know why bump this tomorrow and I'll explain.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

There was a reason that WW/SW is not usually played during the season. People have work as usual, but ALSO school and Pens games.

As I've mentioned time and again, the reason I did it this way was to have the best of both worlds: a WW/SW game AND time enough to do other necessary things. I took a bit of a risk starting this game. I thought that I might be condemned for suggesting that people might have time to live their busy lives AND play the game. So I made longer day/night phases. Unfortunately, I now find that my game is being condemned for exactly the opposite reason: people apparently have not enough to do in their lives. So my question is: why hasn't there been WW/SW games during the season in the past?

Anyway, of course people reacted well to the idea of the game. The initial response to the game was very reassuring. I hope that people will come forward to mod new games soon.

So consider this a bit of an experiment. One that apparently needs to be modified.

Unless people object, I will move to an accelerated format at the next night phase.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

I really do like the idea of the game, but if there is a chance we can move forward with the game, we should, there is no reason not too.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

redwill wrote: I see this as a slower, more deliberate version of Slug Warz. Input is welcome.

The rules from Slug Warz II are in effect with the following exceptions:

- Each day and each night will last 24 hours. If enough folks want to play, the first night will begin 12:00 AM Monday, 10/26. The following day will begin 12:00 AM Tuesday, 10/27, etc. This will ensure that everyone has a chance to post/PM/deliberate and still live his or her busy life. Write-ups will come promptly at midnight of the appropriate day.
The rules for this game were pretty clearly laid out in the sign-up thread, along with a call for input. One person said it would take a long time and another person suggested that we keep the same rules.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

redwill wrote:There was a reason that WW/SW is not usually played during the season. People have work as usual, but ALSO school and Pens games.

As I've mentioned time and again, the reason I did it this way was to have the best of both worlds: a WW/SW game AND time enough to do other necessary things. I took a bit of a risk starting this game. I thought that I might be condemned for suggesting that people might have time to live their busy lives AND play the game. So I made longer day/night phases. Unfortunately, I now find that my game is being condemned for exactly the opposite reason: people apparently have not enough to do in their lives. So my question is: why hasn't there been WW/SW games during the season in the past?

Anyway, of course people reacted well to the idea of the game. The initial response to the game was very reassuring. I hope that people will come forward to mod new games soon.

So consider this a bit of an experiment. One that apparently needs to be modified.

Unless people object, I will move to an accelerated format at the next night phase.
Because they got so played out at times that there's just like a collective agreement to stop...

your always going to get a group of 15-20 regulars playing...but other things determine the particiaption level...mostly the overall activity in the NHR...but thats pretty high right now...so a game can definitely happen...

I think your just overestimating the time burded of playing the game...ie its very little for most people.....those are my thoughts...
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I was writing the above post before I saw redwill's and shouldn't be viewed as an objection. Redwill, if you want to accelerate the game, I have no problem with that.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

+1 Accelerate night phase. :thumb: :D