lolz people are still lynching
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by Corvidae »

unsalt k-nad

salt PFIDC

I thought he was a slug even when I modded the game and new he wasn't. He's confusing.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

*new :scared:
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

**KNEW
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

interesting things have transpired here. i think salting pfidc would be unwise at this juncture.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Uh, these days are so long lol.

I tried to dispell my "quiet" moniker last game to no avail and I was the BIRD!!!

I thought I played well after the 4th day last game, ate some slugs, backed good salts. It is virtually impossible to glean who is what so early. If we salt the quiet ones early, how often does that really work? I would rather go by a random pick than try to determine who is quiet. I just hope to hang in long enough to figure who the slugs are by voting patterns and help get them in the end.

Anyways, I have hours to vote since we have to wait lol.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:interesting things have transpired here. i think salting pfidc would be unwise at this juncture.
There's no reason to "out" yourself after such a limited number a votes. Not buying it.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Corvidae wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:interesting things have transpired here. i think salting pfidc would be unwise at this juncture.
There's no reason to "out" yourself after such a limited number a votes. Not buying it.
while i dont disagree i think its too early to risk voting him off
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

Juice wrote::face:
You really can't see that I changed my strategy this time TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT I AM NOT A SLUG THEREFORE I AM NOT ACTING LIKE I DID IN THE LAST TWO GAMES THAT I WAS A SLUG
This really makes no sense to me. Why would you lay into my perfectly sensible suggestion, calling it "silly," just to signal you're playing differently than before? That's like knifing some random person to prove to everyone your days of robbing banks are over. It was sensible when you said it when you were a slug, and it's sensible when I'm saying it now. The only difference is, you were being sensible early in previous games as cover, and I'm being sensible now to try to win the game for the good guys.

I'm not certain you're a slug, but this is a good enough lead for me to stick with a Juice vote instead of going after someone who has been hard to read in the past solely to eliminate that problem early. Shrug.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

At this stage, i'm with Zaro...no strategy, just randomness and see how things play out for the first 2-3 days.
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Dan H wrote:Holy hopping Jebus on a pogo stick. That sux0rz.

I'll reiterate my plea that we use the first round or so to bandwagon someone who's normally very quiet and hard to read. It will help us later.
Not true at all. Especially on the first day of a game with over 20 people in it. Just because someone doesn't run around spouting nonsense doesn't mean they should die. Ever think that maybe info has to be put out there before people can be loud? Not to mention if someone has a role such as the seer staying in the shadows early on helps their effort.

The best people to salt early on are the ones that will add confusion whether they are slugz or town. You have to remember a confusing player is an aid to the slugz and a detriment to the town. A quiet player could be acting that way to preserve a role they carry. Since the doctor(sexta) is already down it wouldn't be wise for a cop(seer) to come out shouting about an investigation and put a target on themselves. It would be most wise for a player with that role to sit back, take in info, and get a couple days of investigations under their belt before trying to dissect or blatently help the town.

After saying that, I haven't played with you guys before so I don't know who is supremely confusing or for lack of a better term, "a ******." My suggestion would be to pick one of those players for a first day salting rather than risk taking out an important role for the town.
You misread my note. I suggested pretty much what you did in your second paragraph: in the absence of any other leads, we should salt someone who has a history of being difficult to read. The most common reason people are hard to read is when they just don't say much. The reason I used "bandwagon" is because it hurts the village to bounce around on day 1 and run the vote count up and down. We did this in a game not too long ago. We do want to talk, because it's the only way to get information out there and establish patterns that will be useful later, but we don't want to give the bad guys any more clues than necessary to the identities of the role players.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Being tied up in class really sucks when Slug Warz is going on.

I really don't think dan is a slug and he really could be a help to the village because he brings good analysis. As far as everybody else juice is another good thinking player and I can't understand the early voting for him. What are the odds he is a 3 for 3 slug in slug warz? Pfidc is always all over the place saying I'm a wolf/slug, wait a minute, no I'm not. This is one of those confusion causing tactics that hurts the village in the long run.

Since I don't agree with the consenus and there is no way of knowing a slug for sure on day 1, I'm gonna go ahead and salt mwb if for no other reason than he didn't protect me last game when I was the gardener.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

crayz wrote:At this stage, i'm with Zaro...no strategy, just randomness and see how things play out for the first 2-3 days.
Isn't randomness just another strategy? :shock:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

cup keeper wrote:Pfidc is always all over the place saying I'm a wolf/slug, wait a minute, no I'm not. This is one of those confusion causing tactics that hurts the village in the long run.
I don't agree with your vote, but I do agree with this. The good thing about the long days is that it does let all the "quiet" players come out if they've got a good reason for not doing so in the first place. At this point I think everyone has contributed something, which is good and could possibly be helpful later, if not right now. So maybe the better tactic in a game where most are contributing is to just go for the confusing, which is what others have said.
unsalt zaro
salt pfidc
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Corvidae wrote:
while i dont disagree i think its too early to risk voting him off
I didnt vote for him, but I agree with Corvidae -- there is no risk, and this is the same song and dance we see everytime. And to do it after like 3 votes makes it stink evenmore.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Further by that logic, any time someone says DONT SALT ME YOU NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED ME it would be "risky" to vote them. That is a gambit that has become entirely played out in the past couple games.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

slappybrown wrote:Further by that logic, any time someone says DONT SALT ME YOU NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED ME it would be "risky" to vote them. That is a gambit that has become entirely played out in the past couple games.
i agree. we need 1 person at this moment, maybe 2. its a better chance you're a slug or a selfish villager than an RP.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

by NEED person i mean, they are either the bird or the gardener.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

slappybrown wrote:Further by that logic, any time someone says DONT SALT ME YOU NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED ME it would be "risky" to vote them. That is a gambit that has become entirely played out in the past couple games.
I agree, which is why cup keeper wasn't protected last game.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

I don't like the idea of switching votes but my first vote was out of spite and this is a new game so lets do it right.

unsalt mwb
salt pfidc

Also I think we should keep dan around and he's currently the vote leader.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

PensFanInDC wrote:
I is quit? :lol:

no idea what that means...

I didnt have interwebz at home until this morning and I was not at work yesterday so there was no way for me to get on to post until this morning. I have also been very busy at work today.

Like I said, day 1 has no stragery but you dont want to salt me. I'm not a slug. Problem is that if this vote takes off, I have no way of getting online until a little after 10pm tonight which may be too late for some to check their votes and change them.

please...for the gardens sake dont salt me. :thumb:
This along with
PensFanInDC wrote:
Suit yourself.

If I am not a villager I have the power to kill you...and I may just do that...
This is more than enough to get my vote. You are either claiming a role which is dumb this early on, you've just put a target on your back for the slugs or you are a slug which is an even bigger mistake on your part. What you have just done is the definition of a confusing player. Enjoy your melting, slug.

Salt PFIDC
This keeps getting better. What is your reasoning behind keeping an obviously confusing player alive? Also please don't tell me you to are claiming a role on day 1.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

Pavel Bure wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
I is quit? :lol:

no idea what that means...

I didnt have interwebz at home until this morning and I was not at work yesterday so there was no way for me to get on to post until this morning. I have also been very busy at work today.

Like I said, day 1 has no stragery but you dont want to salt me. I'm not a slug. Problem is that if this vote takes off, I have no way of getting online until a little after 10pm tonight which may be too late for some to check their votes and change them.

please...for the gardens sake dont salt me. :thumb:
This along with
PensFanInDC wrote:
Suit yourself.

If I am not a villager I have the power to kill you...and I may just do that...
This is more than enough to get my vote. You are either claiming a role which is dumb this early on, you've just put a target on your back for the slugs or you are a slug which is an even bigger mistake on your part. What you have just done is the definition of a confusing player. Enjoy your melting, slug.

Salt PFIDC
This keeps getting better. What is your reasoning behind keeping an obviously confusing player alive? Also please don't tell me you to are claiming a role on day 1.
PFIDC
does this every game he plays which is why I dont believe it at all that he is a RP and is a good regular to get rid of now and wont cause confusion along the way
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Dan H wrote: You misread my note. I suggested pretty much what you did in your second paragraph: in the absence of any other leads, we should salt someone who has a history of being difficult to read. The most common reason people are hard to read is when they just don't say much. The reason I used "bandwagon" is because it hurts the village to bounce around on day 1 and run the vote count up and down. We did this in a game not too long ago. We do want to talk, because it's the only way to get information out there and establish patterns that will be useful later, but we don't want to give the bad guys any more clues than necessary to the identities of the role players.
In truth running up a train or 2 that fails can lead to valuable info when looking at voting patterns and such. But yeah you're right I misunderstood what you were getting at. With what PFIDC said though my vote isn't moving. If PFIDC isn't a slug/possessing a role then what he/she? said is one of the most confusing things a player in a game can say.

Letang also is suspicious to me because he/she? came to the defense of PFIDC so quickly. Which is either a rookie slug move or a rookie seer move. Either way those two together look rather bad right now.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

sdm5055 wrote:
PFIDC
does this every game he plays which is why I dont believe it at all that he is a RP and is a good regular to get rid of now and wont cause confusion along the way
Hey that solidifies my vote even more. You wanna be confusing, you're gonna get salted. Just how I roll.