** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by Senka »

lolwut is not acceptable without the picture.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Senka wrote:ANYWAYS, I heard a story through the grapevine that redwill handpicked his selections for role players, and he is actually the alpha (and the vig, so he doesnt kill himself). He is only pretending to mod. how about that :idea:! hahah
I'm just the garden gravedigger.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Senka wrote:lolwut is not acceptable without the picture.
It takes up too much space, so I dont post it. lolwut alone is minimalist and cool.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Code: Select all

Dan H     - 4 (Juice, beerman, PFiDC, slappybrown)
sdm       - 2 (LITT, Troy Loney)
juice     - 2 (DanH, shaf)
zarovich  - 2 (mwb, Canaan)
canaan    - 1 (Corvidae)
dagny     - 1 (NAN)
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

slappybrown wrote:
It takes up too much space, so I dont post it. lolwut alone is minimalist and cool.

I have no shame, posted because it was called for.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

i love talking pears with giraffes in the background.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

I am contradicting my normal style of play, because the SIMPLEST AND SMARTEST thing to do, which is kill the quiet ones, always is met with this unexplainable resistance. People just can't fathom killing someone cause they are quiet, they have to fight amongst themselves and make everything a big issue.
All that being said I'm still going with Dan H for the reason I mentioned earlier.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Malkamaniac wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

I have no shame, posted because it was called for.
lolwut
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

lolwut
Shootin' at the walls of heartache.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Malkamaniac wrote:
lolwut
Shootin' at the walls of heartache.
Bang bang, I am the warrior
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Dan H - 5 (Juice, beerman, PFIDC, slappybrown, TW)
Juice - 2 (Dan H, shafnutz05)
sdm - 2 (LITT, Troy Loney)
Zarovich - 2 (canaan, MWB)
canaan - 1 (Corvidae)
dagny - 1 (NAN)
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

MWB wrote:Zaro, cup keeper, and Pavel Bure are three people I believe haven't posted yet during the day phase. Not sure if there's anyone else to add to that. They would seem to be the "quiet" ones so far, and in past games in some cases.
As I said earlier in the thread my home comp crashed on me so I can only participate from school. I should be on mid afternoon and evenings until I get my comp back.

On a sidenote this is a classic "mafia" or in this case slug tactic. Creating a list of players who have, *insert whatever action you would like* It's a deflection tactic used to keep the focus on other players. Usually the list is made of 2 town and 1 slug. Because of this I'm gonna have to

FOS (Finger of Suspicion) MWB.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Pavel Bure wrote:
MWB wrote:Zaro, cup keeper, and Pavel Bure are three people I believe haven't posted yet during the day phase. Not sure if there's anyone else to add to that. They would seem to be the "quiet" ones so far, and in past games in some cases.
As I said earlier in the thread my home comp crashed on me so I can only participate from school. I should be on mid afternoon and evenings until I get my comp back.

On a sidenote this is a classic "mafia" or in this case slug tactic. Creating a list of players who have, *insert whatever action you would like* It's a deflection tactic used to keep the focus on other players. Usually the list is made of 2 town and 1 slug. Because of this I'm gonna have to

Wow, defensive much? All I did was point out the people who hadn't posted yet because we were discussing voting for quiet people.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Pavel Bure wrote:

your going to finger MWB? :shock:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

MWB wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:

Wow, defensive much? All I did was point out the people who hadn't posted yet because we were discussing voting for quiet people.
I don't really see it as being defensive. He explained himself rather well. Again people, it's the FIRST day.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Dan H wrote:Holy hopping Jebus on a pogo stick. That sux0rz.

I'll reiterate my plea that we use the first round or so to bandwagon someone who's normally very quiet and hard to read. It will help us later.
Not true at all. Especially on the first day of a game with over 20 people in it. Just because someone doesn't run around spouting nonsense doesn't mean they should die. Ever think that maybe info has to be put out there before people can be loud? Not to mention if someone has a role such as the seer staying in the shadows early on helps their effort.

The best people to salt early on are the ones that will add confusion whether they are slugz or town. You have to remember a confusing player is an aid to the slugz and a detriment to the town. A quiet player could be acting that way to preserve a role they carry. Since the doctor(sexta) is already down it wouldn't be wise for a cop(seer) to come out shouting about an investigation and put a target on themselves. It would be most wise for a player with that role to sit back, take in info, and get a couple days of investigations under their belt before trying to dissect or blatently help the town.

After saying that, I haven't played with you guys before so I don't know who is supremely confusing or for lack of a better term, "a ******." My suggestion would be to pick one of those players for a first day salting rather than risk taking out an important role for the town.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Malkamaniac wrote:
MWB wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote: As I said earlier in the thread my home comp crashed on me so I can only participate from school. I should be on mid afternoon and evenings until I get my comp back.

I don't really see it as being defensive. He explained himself rather well. Again people, it's the FIRST day.
More the part about saying that I was suspicious because I said who was quiet so far.... I also find it convenient that each time we play at least one or two people all of a sudden have limited access. Again though, just all part of the information flow so far, not pointing fingers.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

After saying that, I haven't played with you guys before so I don't know who is supremely confusing or for lack of a better term, "a ******." My suggestion would be to pick one of those players for a first day salting rather than risk taking out an important role for the town.
shaftnutz....
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

in the terms of causing confusion in the game of course...
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:in the terms of causing confusion in the game of course...
Yeah, he is pretty confusing... so is Senka. Sometimes Senka is right though.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Troy Loney wrote:
shaftnutz....
Wow Troy....that hurt.

In my defense, I made one comment today, submitted my vote, and went back to observation mode. If I have another observation to make it will come later.

But I hope you don't mean that :oops:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

MWB wrote:Yeah, he is pretty confusing... so is Senka. Sometimes Senka is right though.
Ha how in the hell am I being confusing? I made one theory and cast a vote. My theory wasn't exactly farfetched. You want to talk about the confusing people....there are ones out there that have a much higher post count than I do.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
shaftnutz....
Wow Troy....that hurt.

In my defense, I made one comment today, submitted my vote, and went back to observation mode. If I have another observation to make it will come later.

But I hope you don't mean that :oops:
Nah...just the vulgarity of the term ****** called for someone to becalled out....fecitious"ness" doesnt translate on a message board.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I would think that the person that would use the term "******" as a derogatory noun on a board where you have no way of knowing who on said board might have friends or family that suffer from mental disabilities should be the one to be called out....