** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by Malkamaniac »

Juice wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:ok not to be a negative nancy here, but how are you people making posts like oh Dan H he's being erratic, as far as games go the first is always usually a crap salt. One post can't make someone be erratic already can it? Were looking into posts that serious right now?
go back and look at Dan H's posts in WW/SW and see if the post i was referencing doesn't smell a little fishy to you

I certainly trust what your saying about it being random and crazy for him to do that. Maybe a different playing style for sure? He's relatively new to this game.

I know I was mega erratic my first game and I've played completely different the last 3 games. But yes, to answer your question and your thought about him, his posting was erratic because he hasn't done that in the past games.

Either way, I still think first rounds are a crap shoot, were either going to be lucky or not. I think the thing that is going to change this game in the slug favor is that none of them have to vote, there is no set limit of votes and whoever has the most loses.

A slug could pick off guys all day and have one vote to their name and not actually do anything or say anything until the final days. It's certainly going to be trickier.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

shafnutz05 wrote:Didn't we lose an RP on the first day last time too? I am calling shenanigans
Just for the record, last game the slugs recruited on Night 1, JC was salted on Day 1, and cup keeper (the Gardener) was eaten by slugs on Night 2.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Wow....

No internets at home and took the day off from work yesterday. Lost the sexta already. Son of a!!

Gonna do some reading and place my vote. It's day 1 so we all know that means no real strategery involved yet.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Great start. The Dan H post was interesting, but if it's true that he's called for bandwagons in previous games, not that interesting. I know as the games went on he was more analytical, but not sure how he was early.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Well...I'm gonna have to go for:

salt Dan
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Dan H - 3 (Juice, beerman, PFiDC)
sdm - 2 (Senka, LITT)
canaan - 1 (Corvidae)
NAN - 1 (Troy Loney)
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I'm going to go and

salt sdm

He usually plays a little more quiet, and it's better to bandwagon a quiet person at the beginning.

Dan at least gives some info, and if he is a slug, he may slip up in some of his theories, making him easier to catch later, or if he is a villager, he may have some input in later rounds when everyone is scared to vote.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

unsalt nan

salt sdm

I have to admit that i'm prejudice towards the people that aren't around much during the day...
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I don't really have a problem with an sdm salt, but is he really one of the people that doesn't participate much? Seems like Zarovich and TW are more in that role. I could be wrong though.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

MWB wrote:I don't really have a problem with an sdm salt, but is he really one of the people that doesn't participate much? Seems like Zarovich and TW are more in that role. I could be wrong though.
Zaro and TW last till atleast middle of the game. Then get voted, thats how it goes.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Corvidae wrote:We'll it's bed time for me (lying down, watching Adult Swim and/or playing DS until 5AM). So...

salt canaan

I guess it's becoming my thing, because he's still never been salted.

::shakes fist at the ceiling::

I AM NOT A SLUG, EYE SWAREZ IT!
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MWB wrote:I don't really have a problem with an sdm salt, but is he really one of the people that doesn't participate much? Seems like Zarovich and TW are more in that role. I could be wrong though.
They are two others.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

Troy Loney wrote:unsalt nan

salt sdm

I have to admit that i'm prejudice towards the people that aren't around much during the day...
this is the first game I haven't been around during the day yet.

I don't really understand how I am always pegged the as being quiet. I am active in talks that pertain to the game

but I cant really argue a bandwagon vote at the beginning, since it is just a crap shoot and I am on board for bandwagon votes to start the game

so if it is best for the village er garden then go for it although I am not a RP, so it wont really wont hurt the garden if I am gone but it doesn't help
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I'm fine with any vote right now, but would like to wait and see if other people contribute some. Seems like there are a lot of quiet people right now.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

MWB wrote:I'm fine with any vote right now, but would like to wait and see if other people contribute some. Seems like there are a lot of quiet people right now.
That's my feeling with this 12 hour format, people can be quiet and unless called up, don't have to say anything, leaves it open for teh slugs and leaves out ruthless vindictive saltings.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

I just thought of this and felt it necessary to post it...

ABSOLUTELY 100% NO TALKING AT NIGHT

It gives the slugs free information, and we don't want that at all. None of this "Oh well I have some thoughts about what happened so far but I'll share them during the day phase", or posting a bunch of emotes, or any other stupid **** like that. NOTHING. Let the thread fall down the page, who cares... Just don't talk at night for the love of god I am begging you.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Malkamaniac wrote:
MWB wrote:I'm fine with any vote right now, but would like to wait and see if other people contribute some. Seems like there are a lot of quiet people right now.
That's my feeling with this 12 hour format, people can be quiet and unless called up, don't have to say anything, leaves it open for teh slugs and leaves out ruthless vindictive saltings.
Right, makes me wonder how many of the quiet people are slugs just biding their time and letting the village pick itself apart.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

whoa, forgot this started today.....

Solidsnake, you sir are fail! lol

i'll check back after lunch & my next meeting and see where the votes lie
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Pure bandwago salt DanH
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Dan H - 4 (Juice, beerman, PFiDC, slappybrown)
sdm - 4 (Senka, LITT, NAN, Troy Loney)
canaan - 1 (Corvidae)
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

yeah, i dont post much, cause I don't like to post at night and im usually sleeping.

Im all for a bandwagon vote and I know it sucks for that person but its a good time for us.

Salt Dan H
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

how many votes are needed? The write-up only says:

Day 1 ends at midnight, with the garden-dweller with the most votes gettin' a-salted.

Can it not end sooner w/ a majority vote?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

It ends at midnight regardless. Whoever has the most votes then is salted. If there's a tie then a virtual coin flip is done.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I'm going to work in few minutes.

I love how everyone talks about starting with a quiet player, then, look at the list... hahaha. :face:

You're all still in a hurry. I'm going to work, knowing that when I get home, it will still be day, I'll have time to read up and see who really is a quiet player, then cast my vote.... and there will still be more time!

Juice, good luck with your demand to not talk during the night. 12hr night phase, yeah right! :lol:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I think the strict time limit is nice, because it prevents brainless bandwagoning from quickly becoming a majority, thus ending the round before the victim has a chance to defend him or herself. This way, that person at least has a fighting chance.