** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by Corvidae »

Senka wrote:ready for this? Scientifically speaking -- with a great deal of data to support, i will early vote to SALT - sdm5055 from my results.
Spoiler:
Scientific Sources: random.org results :P
either way, i got a vote in. Im goin to sleep till... Noon-ish, class @ 1. :) Night Corv, Mac, Dags. lol the only concious souls on LGP (and 2 guests... cowards are hiding :pop:)
Night Night. Don't let the Bed Sloogs bite. Unless you're a Sloog. Then it's just gross Sloog hanky-panky.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

speaking of sloog. i think i almost called the garden Sloogerville or something but slooger is a bad term via urban dictionary. or maybe it was sloosher. idk. but I called it that and put it in the writeups and went back to edit them all. I say slug so i dont mis-state a wrong term hahah
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

We'll it's bed time for me (lying down, watching Adult Swim and/or playing DS until 5AM). So...

salt canaan

I guess it's becoming my thing, because he's still never been salted.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Senka wrote:speaking of sloog. i think i almost called the garden Sloogerville or something but slooger is a bad term via urban dictionary. or maybe it was sloosher. idk. but I called it that and put it in the writeups and went back to edit them all. I say slug so i dont mis-state a wrong term hahah
Hmmm... research does indeed show that Slooger is a, ahem... gross term, but I don't know if urban dictionary is a great source. I don't see it anywhere else. Sloog checks in completely clean.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

slooger isn't defined yet, but these are close:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Regional manager coming to the office starting this morning...what a wonderful start. Didn't we lose an RP on the first day last time too? I am calling shenanigans
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

really...ate the angel on the first night???

Geez...oh geez
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Wow. The angel got eaten the first night. I think that is the first and hopefully the last time that ever happens in a game.

I agree with DanH we go after a usually quiet person.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

I'm here now. I haven't read through any of the thread at all yet, but I will at some point today and subsequently will provide some early thoughts.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

what the french the sexy sexta already :( Image

RIP friend

I will go with senkas list and salt sdm
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Vote:
sdm - 2 (Senka, LITT)
canaan - 1 (Corv)
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Juice wrote:I'm here now. I haven't read through any of the thread at all yet, but I will at some point today and subsequently will provide some early thoughts.
Our sexta is dead. That about sums it up.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

salt nan

I haven't seen anyone say that yet.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

what the Manduca got eated already, sigh. Gotta go with the overall favorite to get salted right off the bat.

salt nan lulz
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Two thoughts:

First, the random.org method was just a one shot deal that I hoped would work but I think it will be too hard to pull off if everyone does their own list.

Second, this post:
Dan H wrote:Holy hopping Jebus on a pogo stick. That sux0rz.

I'll reiterate my plea that we use the first round or so to bandwagon someone who's normally very quiet and hard to read. It will help us later.
I really don't like to do this because this is totally off the map from how I normally do things (I love me an early bandwagon), but I think that it's totally out of character for Dan H to be silly like this. We really don't have anything to go off of on the first day, but I think that this is about as good as we were going to get. I didn't go back and look, but I seem to remember every Dan H post in a WW/SW game is very calculated and serious, I mean come on he's like an astrophysicist or some ****. I'm not saying the guy can't be goofy, I'm just saying that it's not typical of a Dan H WW/SW post. Also, being that I've seen a few previous games, bad guys almost always have shallow sadness/abnormal behavior about a RP getting killed.

On a related note, asdkljghaskjlghaklsjgklsjdfgsdfg WHY DID YOU NOT PROTECT URSELF AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH THAT MAKES ME SO MAD. The Sexta getting killed is so bad on so many levels. We lose a guaranteed person to follow. We lose the ability for the Gardener to come out and still be protected. Now the GD Gardener will have to try and convince the village, once it finds a slug, to salt that slug without having the slugs know that it's the GD Gardener which is sooooo hard to do.
BAH
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

o ya lulz i forgotz
salt Dan H
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

after this vote I propose everyone handle them selves accordingly and band together as a village to win this....

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that never happens, but I figured I'd throw that out there.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

hmm interesting theory on Dan, I also thought that in previous games he was against a bandwagoning, although I could be wrong on that, but I thought he was one for "thinking it out"

either way salt Dan
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Juice = stunned...

but I do see your point...Dan is acting somewhat erratic.

Holding off on a lynch vote till I hear Dan's explanation.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

this is annoying its the first day and we already have 4 diff votes.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

shafnutz05 wrote:Juice = stunned...
what does this mean
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

ok not to be a negative nancy here, but how are you people making posts like oh Dan H he's being erratic, as far as games go the first is always usually a crap salt. One post can't make someone be erratic already can it? Were looking into posts that serious right now?

but unsalt NAN for now, most votes win so it' s not as necessary to push for voting regardless, especially this being the first round lol.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:this is annoying its the first day and we already have 4 diff votes.
Not like it matters...we have to wait till midnight no matter what and we dont have to reach any consensus whatsoever...
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Juice wrote:what does this mean
referring to the manduca not protecting themselves...you were shocked

Looking back, it appears that Dan called loudly for the bandwagon vote, and then proceeded to disappear into the night while we fought over who should be bandwagoned. Why would he not call out a quiet person? He knew if he called somebody out, that person would defend themselves and the focus might have gotten deflected towards him.

BUT, here's where I kind of disagree. Unless the alpha or a slooger is in danger (i.e., someone votes for one of them), what does a slug have to gain in the beginning? Why even get involved...especially to call for bandwagoning someone else? I would think if Dan was a slug, he would be smarter than that. So, I have two theories:

1) Dan is a slug, and someone else was about to be nominated, and he was protecting
2) Dan is not a slug, and simply being erratic.

Judging by the fact no one had cast any votes prior to his post, I am leaning towards #2.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Malkamaniac wrote:ok not to be a negative nancy here, but how are you people making posts like oh Dan H he's being erratic, as far as games go the first is always usually a crap salt. One post can't make someone be erratic already can it? Were looking into posts that serious right now?
go back and look at Dan H's posts in WW/SW and see if the post i was referencing doesn't smell a little fishy to you