** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by Senka »

slappybrown wrote:
redwill wrote:I know the night phases will be a little boring, and I apologize for that. But I really wanted the day/night phases to be strictly determined.

That will keep everyone from waiting ... reloading ... waiting ... reloading, etc. looking for a write-up. I thought that that would be better for a non-off-season game.

Also, I'm hoping the extended day phases will make up for it. It'll also keep people from missing things. (Or if they do, they'll have no excuses.)
I can assure this will not prevent me from refreshing the page constantly. :D
i wouldnt be extremely upset if it was a 12 hour phase. In essence we are only here for day for the most part, since many people sleep. Since the sun patterns are like 6am, 6pm, That would allow DAY to be during the work day, and night to be the even phase/sleeping. Im not trying to alter it, but im just suggesting a way to help with phases. In essence, Daytime people cant talk until noon, and spend all morning not talking. SO i say if you happen to get all the PMs early and or have a way to make it like 8am (day) 6pm (night)?? The midnight shift is fine for me, since im up til 3am everyday anyways, but I figure some people might well be asleep.

BUT for clarification -- its night, and it is night until MIDNIGHT. at midnight (mon-tues), a writeup will be provided to tell us who they recruited. and voting for the DAY is again until MIDNIGHT?? so each phase is 24 hours, not 12? Im just trying to understand what you want.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

the BUT part is supposed to be in the form of a question, not a statement... :?
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars
Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars Slug Wars
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

doooobie dooooooobie dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Senka wrote:i wouldnt be extremely upset if it was a 12 hour phase. In essence we are only here for day for the most part, since many people sleep. Since the sun patterns are like 6am, 6pm, That would allow DAY to be during the work day, and night to be the even phase/sleeping. Im not trying to alter it, but im just suggesting a way to help with phases. In essence, Daytime people cant talk until noon, and spend all morning not talking. SO i say if you happen to get all the PMs early and or have a way to make it like 8am (day) 6pm (night)?? The midnight shift is fine for me, since im up til 3am everyday anyways, but I figure some people might well be asleep.

BUT for clarification -- its night, and it is night until MIDNIGHT. at midnight (mon-tues), a writeup will be provided to tell us who they recruited. and voting for the DAY is again until MIDNIGHT?? so each phase is 24 hours, not 12? Im just trying to understand what you want.
You are exactly right on the clarification question.

I would in theory be OK with a switch along the lines you suggest. But the rules were clearly (I think) established in the sign-up thread. I welcomed input and asked for thoughts.

I really wouldn't want to change the rules mid-game. A change now would (1) require everyone to agree, (2) be even more confusing than the original rules apparently are, and (3) require me to be available for a write-up at 6 or 8 AM or whatever. I can't guarantee that.

But the main point, I suppose, is that I like this format for an in-season game -- for the reasons I've mentioned in this thread and the sign-up thread. But I realize that the game isn't really about me.

I propose that we see how the first night and day go and then revisit this question, if you like. Folks can post their thoughts during the night phases.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

These rules are fine, now everyone go back to sleep BEFORE I MAKE YOU
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

shafnutz05 wrote:These rules are fine, now everyone go back to sleep BEFORE I MAKE YOU
what alpha, you gonna eat us? :lol:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

mac5155 wrote:what alpha, you gonna eat us? :lol:
Nope....and even if I was the alpha I wouldn't eat you. I would just nudge open the window to your garden cottage and let all the stinkbugs in
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

lol agree to the rules and then complain about the rules? WHAT THE
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Hey it's my first game here and to welcome me God decided to crash my home computer last night. I'm gonna post from school when I can so I apologize for not being around much in advance.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:lol agree to the rules and then complain about the rules? WHAT THE

I complained about the rules in teh signup thread...
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Troy Loney wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:lol agree to the rules and then complain about the rules? WHAT THE

lol i wasnt complianing, i was verifying. I just wasnt completely sure sheesh. Eat me over it.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

Blah, blah, blah you are a dirty....

(fill in the blank, with whatever)
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Pavel Bure wrote:Hey it's my first game here and to welcome me God decided to crash my home computer last night. I'm gonna post from school when I can so I apologize for not being around much in advance.
Blatant rookie alpha move...God this is going to be a quick game :pop:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Senka wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

lol i wasnt complianing, i was verifying. I just wasnt completely sure sheesh. Eat me over it.

I can't do that, Tory Loney can though :pop:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:

Frankie says relax, just joshin everyone jeeeze.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

Frankie says relax, just joshin everyone jeeeze.
I'm just saying...i tried to coerce away from the 24 hour day/night cycles....but i was thwarted.....
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'm just saying...i tried to coerce away from the 24 hour day/night cycles....but i was thwarted.....
lol, I personally think it's a little long, but I want to see how this format works out and how long the game actually takes.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Malkamaniac wrote:
lol, I personally think it's a little long, but I want to see how this format works out and how long the game actually takes.
Geez.....you losers need to get a LIFE :roll: :pop: :scared:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
Geez.....you losers need to get a LIFE :roll: :pop: :scared:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
This post was made by shafnutz05 who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

:pop:
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

:scared:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

lol what DOES it say when your foe posts a message?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

shafnutz05 wrote:lol what DOES it say when your foe posts a message?
This post was made by shafnutz05 who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.