** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by redwill »

Night is descending in the garden known as BobDylanIsTheTruth. The inhabitants of the enlightened, peaceful garden are all engaged in activities which, to them, are perfectly normal. However, to heathen folks who, say, never bothered to click on Dylanman threads, the activities might seem a little strange.

beerman is wearing his new leopard-skin pill-box hat. Funny thing: it balances on his head like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine. Also, he forgot to close the garage door and anyone and everyone can see his lewd behavior.

Malkamaniac is tangled up in blue spandex. He’s auditioning for the hair metal band “GËNÖ and the Pizza Pies.”

shafnutz05 is crooning "Lay, Lady, Lay" to his new blow-up doll. The doll is noncommittal.

slappybrown is wondering if dogs run free, why can’t he? He should probably get himself neutered, however, to control the pet population.

LITT is broadcasting from a Buick 6. If he goes down dyin’, the garden’s bound to put a blanket on his bed.

MWB is having lucid visions of some chick called Johanna. Ghosts of electricity are howling in the bones of her face. This is not freaking him out at all.

Troy Loney is working out hard, trying to remain forever young. The $31,000 pair of jeans help him maintain that delusion.

canaan is blowin’ in the wind. The wind is blowin’ back – a little too hard for canaan’s comfort, in fact.

PFiDC is wondering how he'll keep all of his generals supplied with sheep. In the end, he'll just pick up his money, pack up his tent, and sit down in his easy chair. He knows he ain't going nowhere.

SolidSnake stayed in Mississippi a day too long. It could be worse: he could’ve stayed in Kansas a day too long.

mac5155 is keeping watch all along the watchtower. He’s looking for chicks and barefoot servants, too. Jimi Hendrix's ghost is over his shoulder, wailing.

NAN is writing an open letter to a landlord. The landlord has called a peace officer to enforce an eviction notice.

sdm5055 is painting his masterpiece. It’s amazing what you can do on black velvet.

Juice is being a perfect gentleman – the very soul of courtesy. In no way is he insulting, arrogant, or useless.

Pavel Bure is making his debut as a TV weatherman. He soberly reports that a hard rain's a-gonna fall. Ten thousand talkers call in to complain. Fortunately, their tongues are all broken.

dagny is wearing her boots of Spanish leather. ‘Nuff said.

Senka is languishing in the garden jail. Any day now … any day now … he shall be released (if he gets timely help from mac5155 and dagny).

Zarovich has a nasty paper cut. He screams so loud that his mother calls from the next garden. He reassures her. “It’s alright ma,” he says, “I’m only bleeding.”

Dan H is stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again. He doesn't mind, though, since he has a nice FEMA trailer to hang out in.

TW is out on highway 61. He's got a thousand telephones that don't ring and no one calling him anyway.

crayz is pondering why it's not dark yet. He hasn't realized that daylight savings time hasn't ended.

cup keeper is dreaming that he saw St. Augustine. He's thinking that he was amongst the ones that put the early Christian apologist out to death. His fingers hurt.

Corvidae is watching Thomas the Tank Engine. Thomas is having a hard time and has begun to weep. After much soul-searching, Corvidae ultimately finds this humorous. Suddenly, however, it dawns on him that it takes a lot to laugh, but it takes a train to cry. (Ugh ... I had to reach for that one.)

Thoroughly disgusted with Bob Dylan references, the garden-dwellers turn to sleep for some hopefully blissful relief. Who knows what tomorrow (which is oddly 24 hours away) will bring?

The garden of BobDylanIsTheTruth has 23 residents:

- beerman
- Malkamaniac
- shafnutz05
- slappybrown
- Letang Is The Truth
- MWB
- Troy Loney
- canaan
- PensFanInDC
- SolidSnake
- mac5155
- newarenanow
- sdm5055
- Juice
- Pavel Bure
- dagny
- Senka
- Zarovich
- Dan H
- Twisted Wrister
- crayz
- cup keeper
- Corvidae

Ah, but in reality there are

16 regular villagers
1 Gardener (seer)
1 Manduca Sexta (angel)
1 Bird (vigilante)

1 Alpha Slug
3 Slugs

Please remember:

- If you did not receive a PM, you are a regular villager.
- Each day and each night will be 24 hours long. The next (day 1) write-up will be 12:00 AM Tuesday.
- There are no minimum votes to salt. The one with the most votes before the write-up is the one who gets it.
- The slugs have one recruit, which they can choose to use at any time instead of consuming a villager.
- The Bird gets the opportunity to KILL KILL KILL every other night. It can use that or accumulate to use at later time.
- salt in yellow and unsalt in blue
- DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS! Just post again if you have any corrections.

Alpha Slug: PM me if you want to recruit or who you want to eat.
Gardener: PM me who you want to investigate.
Sexta: PM me who you want to protect.
Bird: Don’t bother – you have no killing powers tonight.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by redwill »

If I forgot anything, please let me know.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

And we're off!
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

awesumsauce!
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

what else but :scared:
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Horray! something to do for a week! :)

PS: ever since WW started i find myself clicking NHR as often as PPens... never used to be that way. :?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Senka wrote:Horray! something to do for a week! :)

PS: ever since WW started i find myself clicking NHR as often as PPens... never used to be that way. :?
it is funn over here in NHR land. i check this more often than the pens related nowadays
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

So the next day wont start until midnight tonight no matter what?
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

I end up over here way more now, I never use to but it's usually too much :scared: over in the Pens section for me
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

lol....that was the most random "what we are all doing" opening thread I have ever seen. And how the hell did you know about my blow up doll?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

dude as long as I am the lead singer, or guitarist of the band. I'm all for it.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

mac5155 wrote:

it is funn over here in NHR land. i check this more often than the pens related nowadays
I do too. It's a lot of fun over hear. NHR is where I click first, and then I check the Pens section.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

newarenanow wrote:
mac5155 wrote:

I do too. It's a lot of fun over hear. NHR is where I click first, and then I check the Pens section.
I've been mainly creepin in the NHR since off-season started, more fun for sure.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Less drama here, unless you go into the political thread.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

MWB wrote:Less drama here, unless you go into the political thread.
yeah I don't get the people that waste their time talking politics....I mean what's going to change?!
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Troy Loney wrote:So the next day wont start until midnight tonight no matter what?
Correct, sir.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

redwill wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:So the next day wont start until midnight tonight no matter what?
Correct, sir.
what if the RP all send their pm's in quickly? Is there a writeup or do we just wait till midnight anyway?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

beerman wrote:what if the RP all send their pm's in quickly? Is there a writeup or do we just wait till midnight anyway?
We wait. Or hopefully we go and do something productive. Or at least drink a lot. Or both.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I'm impatient already.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

newarenanow wrote:I'm impatient already.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

newarenanow wrote:I'm impatient already.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I know the night phases will be a little boring, and I apologize for that. But I really wanted the day/night phases to be strictly determined.

That will keep everyone from waiting ... reloading ... waiting ... reloading, etc. looking for a write-up. I thought that that would be better for a non-off-season game.

Also, I'm hoping the extended day phases will make up for it. It'll also keep people from missing things. (Or if they do, they'll have no excuses.)
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

redwill wrote:I know the night phases will be a little boring, and I apologize for that. But I really wanted the day/night phases to be strictly determined.

That will keep everyone from waiting ... reloading ... waiting ... reloading, etc. looking for a write-up. I thought that that would be better for a non-off-season game.

Also, I'm hoping the extended day phases will make up for it. It'll also keep people from missing things. (Or if they do, they'll have no excuses.)
I can assure this will not prevent me from refreshing the page constantly. :D
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I have been refreshing since the game started. I thought that was part of the rules.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Mom!!! The meatloaf!!!