** Slug Warz II - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: ** Slug Warz II - GAME THREAD **

Post by mac5155 »

yikes. i had 22, and then 110, and thankfully didnt have to go any farther. weird they start you out with 140 if you've never had calc. i'm glad i never have to solve a partial differential equation ever again
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Im starting to get slammed here at school, and i have a lot on my plate due friday and 2 exams. Umm im trying my best to do so, but ive just kinda be crushed. everything ahs caught up to me. bear with me if possible, and mac will do his best im sure. I might see if NAN can help out or something, but I feel bad if im late on a writeup and try to watch closely, and Im just getting crushed. Ive even banned myself from NHL until saturday. :(
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Senka wrote:Im starting to get slammed here at school, and i have a lot on my plate due friday and 2 exams. Umm im trying my best to do so, but ive just kinda be crushed. everything ahs caught up to me. bear with me if possible, and mac will do his best im sure. I might see if NAN can help out or something, but I feel bad if im late on a writeup and try to watch closely, and Im just getting crushed. Ive even banned myself from NHL until saturday. :(
for the most part i've been here all day. i just dont wake up until 11:30.. lol
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

Bioengineering requires 140 and 141 done by the end of 3rd semester, had to take it now.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

MikeEnIke wrote:Bioengineering requires 140 and 141 done by the end of 3rd semester, had to take it now.
well, i guess that is expected. man, freshman year suxxxxxxxx!
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

dagny wrote:Methinks it's going to be one or the other, of Juice or canaan, this round.

Honestly, at this point, neither has been extremely active, so they're not providing much help, therefore neither would be a great loss.

i dont understand this at all. how have i not been active? because i wasnt on for a lot of yesterday, and by a lot of yesterday, i mean "night" time when no one should be talking, yet we have 4 pages of conversation? it would be best served if the village would stop talking so situations like the gardener thing dont happen again. this active/silent player-type casting thing has become counter productive, imo. its the basis for mindless rationalization.

how much help have you provided, dagny? how many slugs have you caught? give me a break. all i've heard from you is an empty guarantee (read: jagr) like anyone and everyone has made in these games.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

salt juice

This is what I wanted to do yesterday and this is what I'm doing today
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

I'm not seeing any reasoning from people as why I should be getting salted.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

redwill wrote:No deliberations from me.

salt Juice
what is this crap?
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

we are failing as a village..

I am not sold on anyone that has been cast yellow solely becasue we have nothing to go on except well before they played like this...
this is why the game takes so long people hurry at the begining of the day and throw names out there (the same names every day because they are the "regulars") and then we go back and forth back and forth for hours because no one really has anything to go on for those names
we screwed up from the begining we 100% should have bandwagoned a silent low active player and kept doing this untill we ran into a slug and or brought out RP's and some solid defenses
when you make people talk more that don't talk normally in the game the slip up and thats how theorys start
we have been trying and or actually salting the same people for like 4 games straight it seems

I am saying bandwagon now it isn't to late to try to start this over the right way
lynch Azkar i think he is as silent as it gets in this game
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I agree more with sdm's theory than with anything else presented so far. If we're going to randomly go after people (which seems to pretty much be the case with juice and canaan) I'd rather go after quiet people.

I'm still suspicious of redwill and LTT though. If no one wants to go down that road with me I'll go for someone quiet.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Alright redwill I think it's time you learn some things.
redwill FROM PAGE 4 wrote:The obvious choice for me is Juice, for four reasons:
First of all, there is nothing obvious on the first day, but let's continue.
1. If he is not a random slug, it makes sense to use the one recruiting to nab the skilled veteran player.
Yeah it makes sense to recruit someone that you KNOW WILL BE THE TOPIC OF SALT DEBATES FOR THE REST OF THE GAME, really makes sense.
2. Last game, whenever the time came to choose who to salt, half the players would vote to salt Juice and then changed their votes. Let's just get it over with.
So you are saying in one sentence it would be a good idea to salt me, then the very next sentence that I was under the gun the whole game last time. Then you proceed to say "Let's just get it over with" when on page 26 you bust out this gem:
redwill wrote:
beerman wrote:whatev unsalt juice
salt ks just to get this done and over with
Call me an obstructionist, or a newbie, or an anarcho-syndacalist idealogue, or even a slug, but I will never vote for someone I firmly believe to be a villager.
Yeah I get it that you said someone "who you firmly believe to be a villager", but don't say you want to salt someone to get it over with 'cause he's a focal point, and act like that is any better.
3. He did the ramdomized thing last game to get poor TW salted and TW never got a chance to post anything. I don't like random picks (although I can't necessarily think of a better way on the first vote). But anyway, if it's gonna be randomized, I say get the randomizer.
You don't like the randomizer, yet you can't think of a better way than to post 3 4 crap reasons ON THE FIRST DAY why the Juice should get the salt.
4. Whenever I see his name, I think of orange juice. But his name is green. That's majorly wrong.

salt Juice
Come on man, to bash the randomizer then to post something like this... No more needs to be said about that

Then we have this most recent garbage:
redwill wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:It's different because JC COULD HAVE BEEN THE GARDENER. I'm not sure why this is so hard to grasp for some of you.
But he WASN'T THE GARDENER. That was immediately obvious to some of us. The fact that you could not grasp that is, well ... it's OK, I guess. But don't go implying that some of us are deficient just because you failed to see the plain truth.

This is the kind of stuff the village doesn't need. Someone who has never played the game before that doesn't understand the basics of the game questioning other peoples grasp of the game. I'm particularly offended that you do not understand why it was stupid to salt JC. When someone says they are the gardener, especially on the first day, you have to listen to them. You are using basic level 1, results based thinking. You are basing your assessment of your choice from the result, which you had no idea what the result was going to be. You are not looking thoroughly at your decision making process, and that my friends, is level 1. Saying "But he WASN'T THE GARDENER." is looking at what happened after the fact, and now it's too late. The farking gardener got nommed cause people wouldn't grasp that IF JC WASN'T THE GARDENER, THE REAL ONE WOULD FIGURE OUT WHETHER HE WAS A SLUG OR NOT AND THERE WAS NO HARM BECAUSE THE GARDENER STAYED HIDDEN.

salt redwill

Don't be mad bro, you poked the beast.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

As yesterday, i'm good with canaan/dagny vote.

Since it looks to b canaan....

salt canaan

Sorry bro!!!!
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Sorry to comment on this thread, but I have to say what Juice just did to redwill is the biggest thrashing I have ever seen in my 26 years. That is all, enjoy the game I will be back when it's over! :pop:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

crayz wrote:Sorry bro!!!!

not cool, bro. :lol:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Juice wrote:Don't be mad bro, you poked the beast.
I'm not mad at all. I'm glad you finally decided to try to be helpful.

I've laid out my reasoning in dozens of posts. You've been insulting, arrogant, and useless the whole game. The village can decide.

The village needs to go with one of me or Juice this round. There is no other choice, IMO.

For my money, the beast goes down today.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

redwill wrote:

I've laid out my reasoning in dozens of posts. You've been insulting, arrogant, and useless the whole game. The village can decide.

The village needs to go with one of me or Juice this round. There is no other choice, IMO.

Useless as in trying to salt the person that says he's the gardener thus getting the real gardener killed? Oh, wait.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

redwill wrote: The village needs to go with one of me or Juice this round. There is no other choice, IMO.
Well, if that's the way it's got to be....
salt redwill
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

redwill wrote: The village needs to go with one of me or Juice this round. There is no other choice, IMO.
Only a sith deals in absolutes...
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

redwill wrote:

There are many other choices.....and weren't you positive last night too?

i'll stick with canaan as he plays dirty
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Lets also not forget that YOUR FIRST POST in the thread was this one where you said "the obvious choice for me is Juice blah blah blah" with NO INFORMATION TO GO ON WHATSOEVER.
Yeah, I'm the arrogant one.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

redwill wrote:

oh nice a duel! :pop:

I havent seen much of the arrogance or insults you refer to (minus that last large post)

I really dont think either of Juice or Red or slugs we have seen time and time again these little one on one battles break out ( I have been part of a couple) and usually neither of the two are slugs.. slugs wont put their heads out like that and adamently go after another person
like Juice is doing in that mile long research post
and Slugs wont say me or you like Red is doing here (although he is a noob)
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

O snap - this **** just got real, son.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

And sdm brought up an interesting point and I think mikeenike is flying under the radar here. he is 'busy with school'. he hasnt contributed anything and has come to cast a vote once and now is just chitter chattering but nothing substantial. juice scared me :pop:
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Only a sith deals in absolutes...
lol