** Slug Warz II - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: ** Slug Warz II - GAME THREAD **

Post by PensFanInDC »

Kicksave wrote:If anything, I saved the real gardener from the village because cupkeeper was one of the bandwagon votes.
While true, it does not really mean anything since nobody knew he was the gardner.

Didnt JC come out as the Gardner?
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Kicksave wrote:If anything, I saved the real gardener from the village because cupkeeper was one of the bandwagon votes.
While true, it does not really mean anything since nobody knew he was the gardner.

Didnt JC come out as the Gardner?
That and most everyone moved off of cup keeper once he said it would be very bad to lynch him. If we just stayed with the original bandwagon none of this would've happened.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

sdm5055 wrote:what does it hurt now if the sexta comes out? i am not saying they should or shouldnt I just dont see the bad in it

i am sure there may be a downfall but i dont see it someone explain
I don't fully understand it either, but: If the sexta comes out, then the sexta has to spend every night protecting him/herself. The slugs know that, and so would have a free hand to eat whomever they please. The sexta is then useless. Of course, the sexta may count on that and protect someone else, but that's taking a bit of a risk. Not much of one, I suppose, since the sexta would indeed be useless anyway.

So what're the arguments FOR the sexta coming out? Juice said something like, "So we can have someone to follow." Follow where? How? The sexta ain't the gardener and cannot provide us with any useful info.

Those are my thoughts, but I'm with you and would like to hear more of the reasoning.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Still not sold on a kicksave vote...I'd still go for a dagny/canaan at this point...

unless someone else has a stronger argument.

Something I learned last game....when someone is close at one point, don't let them off the hook. A few of us tried to rally to get canaan ALL game last time, but everytime it got close it lost steam....and it turns out he was the final slugger left. Coincidence? Can't let 3-4 slugs control the vote.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

PensFanInDC wrote:Im still not sure there is much strategy to go on for day 2.

salt Juice

For asking the Sexta to come out
it was a joke based on last game cause all that people kept mentioning as why i should get salted
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

salt kicksave

I think KS was equally reckless towards the village as JC was since KS isn't the gardener and could have led the salting on the gardener. The only doubt I have with this vote is why cupkeeper waffled on the Dagny vote. Was it something she said to change his mind or did he want to wait a night and check her to be sure?
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

cup keeper wrote:Well that sucks. I had just picked up a slug too. Oh well. Good luck village.
I'm going to be honest... this pisses me off.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Zarovich wrote:salt kicksave

I think KS was equally reckless towards the village as JC was since KS isn't the gardener and could have led the salting on the gardener. The only doubt I have with this vote is why cupkeeper waffled on the Dagny vote. Was it something she said to change his mind or did he want to wait a night and check her to be sure?
Was it really reckless if I ended up being right about him not being the gardener?

Honestly, I figured I'd be gone anyway. Hopefully the slugs don't get another RP after you kill me off.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Juice wrote:
cup keeper wrote:Well that sucks. I had just picked up a slug too. Oh well. Good luck village.
I agree. If you want to say good luck village or go slugs or you all suck, that's fine. What he said though cam be taken good or bad as a clue.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Juice wrote:
Woo-sah.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Kicksave wrote:

Was it really reckless if I ended up being right about him not being the gardener?

Honestly, I figured I'd be gone anyway. Hopefully the slugs don't get another RP after you kill me off.
To be so adament about it, on day1 no less, in my mind, yes. I do give you full credit for calling his bluff, but it could have been a big mistake. I don't think the risk outweighed the reward.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Zarovich wrote:
Kicksave wrote:

To be so adament about it, on day1 no less, in my mind, yes. I do give you full credit for calling his bluff, but it could have been a big mistake. I don't think the risk outweighed the reward.
You might not agree wtih the move, but why does that make me a slug? This is what I don't get.

I will say this - I bet you at least one of the people who are voting for me right now is a slug. If not multiple.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

beerman wrote:If we just stayed with the original bandwagon none of this would've happened.
Well, if we had stayed on the second bandwagon (of which you were a part) then cup keeper would still be gone and JC would still be around. Frankly, I prefer the real outcome. It's clear to me that one bandwagon is the same as another. But you're looking at it through hindsight and claiming some sort of moral victory. But would you really prefer the loss of dagny to the loss of JC and an ineffectual Gardener?

Let's face reality: no offense to cup keeper, but it was a stroke of bad luck that he was the Gardener. If he ID'd a slug, what was he going to do?

1. Gently urged us in the direction of the slug? No one would have noticed.

2. Pushed hard for the slug without coming out? That would paint him as the Gardener just as sure as coming out. But it would be worse, since the sexta couldn't be sure that he/she should protect him.

3. Come out right away? Well, maybe that's what he should have done. But I don't think that was going to happen with cup keeper.

So I guess I'm saying that I don't think we lost much last night. I'm not unhappy with the way things worked out.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

the more I think about jose's play the more I think it could've possibly been to help try and protect cup keeper and keep the slugs off of him for a night. Cup keeper says it's a very bad idea to salt me, jose then gets the votes, so maybe he's thinking cup keeper is a rp what if I say I'm the gardener, the village saves both of us and the slugs waste a night by eating me and he spares cup keeper just a thought.

I'm still just not feeling a kicksave vote right now after thinking about it. I'll switch to him to end it and avoid going 11 hours again if that's what it takes but I'd prefer to go elsewhere right now.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

beerman wrote:the more I think about jose's play the more I think it could've possibly been to help try and protect cup keeper and keep the slugs off of him for a night. Cup keeper says it's a very bad idea to salt me, jose then gets the votes, so maybe he's thinking cup keeper is a rp what if I say I'm the gardener, the village saves both of us and the slugs waste a night by eating me and he spares cup keeper just a thought.

I'm still just not feeling a kicksave vote right now after thinking about it. I'll switch to him to end it and avoid going 11 hours again if that's what it takes but I'd prefer to go elsewhere right now.
I'll salt myself to keep it from going to 11 hours again.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

redwill wrote:
beerman wrote:If we just stayed with the original bandwagon none of this would've happened.
Well, if we had stayed on the second bandwagon (of which you were a part) then cup keeper would still be gone and JC would still be around. Frankly, I prefer the real outcome. It's clear to me that one bandwagon is the same as another. But you're looking at it through hindsight and claiming some sort of moral victory. But would you really prefer the loss of dagny to the loss of JC and an ineffectual Gardener?

Let's face reality: no offense to cup keeper, but it was a stroke of bad luck that he was the Gardener. If he ID'd a slug, what was he going to do?

1. Gently urged us in the direction of the slug? No one would have noticed.

2. Pushed hard for the slug without coming out? That would paint him as the Gardener just as sure as coming out. But it would be worse, since the sexta couldn't be sure that he/she should protect him.

3. Come out right away? Well, maybe that's what he should have done. But I don't think that was going to happen with cup keeper.

So I guess I'm saying that I don't think we lost much last night. I'm not unhappy with the way things worked out.
I'm not claiming any kind of moral victory, I think we lost big time last night and that sucks. But yeah I'd have prefered we just offed dagny yesterday with the original bandwagon because then we simply wouldn't have brought up cup keeper's name and we wouldn't have had the jose debacle. I felt a quick lynching without having too much info devulged on day 1 was the best way to go from the very beginning.

I know some disagree with a quick lynching on day one and want a ton of discussion, but there isn't enough to go on and in the process of trying to get people to throw info out we outed the gardener, that sucks.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Kicksave wrote:
beerman wrote:the more I think about jose's play the more I think it could've possibly been to help try and protect cup keeper and keep the slugs off of him for a night. Cup keeper says it's a very bad idea to salt me, jose then gets the votes, so maybe he's thinking cup keeper is a rp what if I say I'm the gardener, the village saves both of us and the slugs waste a night by eating me and he spares cup keeper just a thought.

lol yeah that was painful. You voted with me to get juice right? We need people to swing onto that.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i dont think kicksave is a slug at all. do i think he was too headstrong on the first vote? absolutely. but if anything, to me, is that he is just a villager that is used to getting killed early in the game.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

redwill wrote:So I guess I'm saying that I don't think we lost much last night. I'm not unhappy with the way things worked out.
Er, except for the Troy Loney NOM. I still don't get that.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

beerman wrote:
Kicksave wrote:

lol yeah that was painful. You voted with me to get juice right? We need people to swing onto that.
I'm voting Juice right now beacause he was very quick to jump on my bandwagon without any reasoning behind it - which is very unJuicelike. Me thinks he's trying to get past daytime quickly wtih a fast salting.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

im off to lunch....can someone compile votes?

ill vote when i get back and after re-reading. i do agree that a slug or two has voted for kicksave, imo.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Juice wrote:
I don't get it....beerman did the same exact thing last game, and no one said a word. Why are people now upset at CK for doing it?
beerman wrote:mother f and I just found one :(

good luck to my villagers
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

crayz wrote:
Juice wrote:
I don't get it....beerman did the same exact thing last game, and no one said a word. Why are people now upset at CK for doing it?
beerman wrote:mother f and I just found one :(

good luck to my villagers
Maybe that's the problem. It was let go once and now it is happenning again. I don't remember the exact circumstance though. Was Beerman under the radar and not getting votes like CupKeeper was?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

beerman wrote:I know some disagree with a quick lynching on day one and want a ton of discussion, but there isn't enough to go on and in the process of trying to get people to throw info out we outed the gardener, that sucks.
The fact remains that we could have just as easily jumped on a cup keeper bandwagon to start with and the results would have been the same. If not worse, given the JC subterfuge.

Anyway, I'll jump on your Juice bandwagon if it picks up some steam.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

Zarovich wrote:
Maybe that's the problem. It was let go once and now it is happenning again. I don't remember the exact circumstance though. Was Beerman under the radar and not getting votes like CupKeeper was?
I think people just overlooked it I dont think it was used like it is being used this round not sure thought since I was already killed by the bird