Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: ** Slug Warz II - GAME THREAD **

Post by redwill »

mac5155 wrote:
redwill wrote:
mac5155 wrote:obviously, the time limit is not in effect from 10:33 tonight (when the last writeup was posted)... so, lets see how things go tomorrow, and set it tentatively at 1:00 PM EST
It must be nice to control how long it takes the sun to cross the sky...
i've got the pow-ah!
You can do anything!!

(As long as you're not busy playing NHL10 or whatever.)
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

redwill wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:So, thanks, KS...thanks to you we lost a villager, the gardener, and a slug. If that's not enough for a salting, I don't know what is.
Let's be reasonable. The villager we lost (if you're referring to JC) deserved to be lost. Kicksave and I called him on his BS. We lost the gardener 'cause the gardener didn't come out when he should have. As for the slug, well, everyone keeps telling us that we probably wouldn't get a slug on the first day, so ... ? (BTW, do you have an idea as to which slug we lost?)

I don't suspect Kicksave at all right now. He seems to be acting like a lone wolf (pun intended, ironically). The slugs, if they're worth their salt (pun again intended) will act in concert.

I know Kicksave offered for us to salt him if he was wrong, but I'm not willing to do that at this point.
No, these statements are both unfair. CupKeeper may not have been around to defend himself, he also may have thought that the vote wasn't going in JC's way, and it swapped to him from canaan so quickly that he didn't even have a chance. We wouldn't have gotten a slug on that day, I took it that cupkeeper got the slug on the second day. He found one and we'll never know because of kicksave going all Demolition Man on JC.

Ieux pulled that move one game, and it was incredible for the village. It kept the heat off of the real seer for most of the game. Now, we have a dead seer and a villager (possible slug) with nothing but a selfish agenda. That's a garbage trade-off and you know it.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

evaskcik tlas

kebert xela
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

with the progress so far, who knows. ill be sleepin til like 11 cause tomorro is a day off for the most part. hope macs around if anything goes down. if so, MOD FAIL.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

slips awayu again. salt canaan
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

redwill wrote:
I don't suspect Kicksave at all right now. He seems to be acting like a lone wolf (pun intended, ironically). The slugs, if they're worth their salt (pun again intended) will act in concert.

I know Kicksave offered for us to salt him if he was wrong, but I'm not willing to do that at this point.
I don't believe I've ever played one of these games with Kicksave where he actually had time to post, or didn't get killed early, so I have no clue how he normally plays the game.

That said, keep in mind, how ever someone may be "acting" means very little in this game. Please refer to the master at work, bhaw. His undercover wolf work is awe inspiring. :lol:

Kicksave's behavior has been notable. He certainly seems to be playing a "role". The question becomes, what role?

I'm certainly not sold enough on him, at this point, to want to push him into having to reveal himself, should he be a RP.

Same thing goes for how the slugs will act. You can not expect they will act in concert, nor the opposite. It is completely unpredictable how they'll act, and that is their objective, to keep us off their trails.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

dagny wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:salt kicksave

Dude made such a HUGE deal about JC and HAD to get him salted. If he wouldn't have been salted, he may have been the slugs' target tonight and we could have maybe gotten a slug.

It was careless for him to make such a big deal out of it.

Hmmm..... definitely something else to ponder.

I had cast the tie breaking vote for canaan in the final few minutes of the time limit. Kicksave went NUTS trying to get the vote back to JC, and succeeded.
I'm not sure about KS yet, certainly not enough to vote. He was adamant about JC from the moment he came out, and was right that he wasn't the gardener. As a slug, he could have been pushing to make who he thought was the gardener get out, but that would put a lot of pressure on him early in the game.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

jaysmiter wrote:Seriously, Dagny, Kicksave couldn't just let him have one more day or night...he was so convinced that JC was a slug and lying about the gardener thing, that he just wouldn't take "no" for an answer.

I'm sorry, but I was more than willing to risk JC not being the gardener because, no matter what, it helped the village. If he was the gardener, the angel knew. If he wasn't and was a slug, the real gardener would have called him on it. If he wasn't and was just a regular villager, he could have directed the slugs away from the gardener, at least for one night. And, as cup keeper said, he found a slug. So, thanks, KS...thanks to you we lost a villager, the gardener, and a slug. If that's not enough for a salting, I don't know what is.
Interesting thought. However, the real gardener didn't call him out. And how would the angel know JC was or wasn't the gardner?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I think we need to examine the JC vote a little, because I assume at least one slug, probably more than one, voted for him:

*kicksave, redwill, mikenike each voted for him before he "came out" and did not change their votes after he came out.

*dagny, pfidc, and corvi (actually, I think he voted to salt him just after, then changed it when he realized what JC said) voted for him before he came out and did change their votes away from him for good.

*sdm and wicked changed their votes away from JC after he came out, then switched back to salt him later.

*LTT, canaan, MWB, troy voted to salt him after he came out.

I guess I'm most suspicious of the first group. I understand kicksave's logic for saying that he wasn't the gardener because it all added up that he wasn't. However, he came out quickly and was sure about it right away.

Redwill, for as much as he's posted, didn't really have much to say about why he was sticking with JC after he came out. He also suggested, before JC came out, that cup keeper should if he's a RP. This was when cup had just 3 votes.... seems pretty early to tell a RP to come out.

MikeenIke made his vote and hasn't been heard from since, I believe.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

jaysmiter wrote:I'm sorry, but I was more than willing to risk JC not being the gardener because, no matter what, it helped the village. If he was the gardener, the angel knew. If he wasn't and was a slug, the real gardener would have called him on it. If he wasn't and was just a regular villager, he could have directed the slugs away from the gardener, at least for one night.
I didn't even think of it that way. Should have just stayed the course... not happy with the way I am playing so far this game. I soff.

salt Kicksave
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

the wicked child wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:I'm sorry, but I was more than willing to risk JC not being the gardener because, no matter what, it helped the village. If he was the gardener, the angel knew. If he wasn't and was a slug, the real gardener would have called him on it. If he wasn't and was just a regular villager, he could have directed the slugs away from the gardener, at least for one night.
I didn't even think of it that way. Should have just stayed the course... not happy with the way I am playing so far this game. I soff.

salt Kicksave
I didn't either. I wish it had been laid out like this (or if it was, that I had read it more carefully) yesterday.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

I'm leaning towards Dagny or Kicksave.

Dagny because if I was the gardener and chose to salt someone, then unsalted, I would research them.

However, if someone came out as the gardener and I knew I was the gardener, I would research the person who was very sure the other was not.

Gotta think on it some more.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

MWB wrote:
the wicked child wrote:

salt Kicksave
I didn't either. I wish it had been laid out like this (or if it was, that I had read it more carefully) yesterday.
I'm pretty sure I tried telling everyone this yesterday. I didn't see what harm leaving him around an extra day because like I said if he wasn't the gardener the real one would have seered him and found out the real info. Being that jc was a blue guy cup keeper could've just let jc keep the wolves attention while he moved in the background and did his research.

oh well

I'm between kicksave and juice on this vote. but im going with salt ks
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

My hesitation with KS is that it would be a huge risk for a slug to take this early to be this vocal. I could see it later on, when the numbers are more even, but right now it's early to lose a slug.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I don't understand why I'm being targeted. If I were a slug, would I have put myself out there on THE FIRST NIGHT to salt JC? Really? I know I normally get salted based off of reputation and I don't have much of a track record, but I'm not THAT dumb to draw that much attention to myself on the first night.

Anyway, I just knew he wasn't the gardener. It didn't add up to me. I was wrong about him being a slug though. I figured he called himself the gardener to out the real one because he was a slug. I didn't think he'd be stupid enough to just say it to save his own skin. :lol:

I'll reserve my vote for now because I'm out of hunches. I'll wait until a little later in the day.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

MWB wrote:My hesitation with KS is that it would be a huge risk for a slug to take this early to be this vocal. I could see it later on, when the numbers are more even, but right now it's early to lose a slug.
Not if JC was the real gardener. Then the slugs trade one of their own for the gardener. Or the real gardener comes out to expose JC for not being the gardener.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

just woke up and caught up. damn yo :(

I am suspicious of SS now, what was up with that the zaro salting that just happened? it seemed like a hit and run. also, i didnt even realize mikeenike was playing this round. very sneaky.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:just woke up and caught up. damn yo :(

I am suspicious of SS now, what was up with that the zaro salting that just happened? it seemed like a hit and run. also, i didnt even realize mikeenike was playing this round. very sneaky.
I think SS does that every game every round to be honest
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

The more I think about it I just don't think it would be a wise move if kicksave was a slug to be this vocal and demanding on one vote. Although he could've been the recruit and the slugs decided to sacrifice him in hopes jc's claim was a) true or b) they could get the real gardener to come out and reveal their role allowing them to knock off jc and get the real gardener in the process, that would certainly be a possible play here.

But I'm going to unsalt ks for now unless it needs a vote or two to close it out. My guess is that cup keeper probably would've investigated someone who was up for a possible salting or active in trying to get someone specific salted. IMO that leaves kicksave, canaan, dagny or juice as the most likely that he would've investigated. Since I'm not feeling the ks vote right now I say we go with one of the other 3. salt juice
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

beerman wrote: But I'm going to unsalt ks for now unless it needs a vote or two to close it out. My guess is that cup keeper probably would've investigated someone who was up for a possible salting or active in trying to get someone specific salted. IMO that leaves kicksave, canaan, dagny or juice as the most likely that he would've investigated. Since I'm not feeling the ks vote right now I say we go with one of the other 3. salt juice
I agree that is who would likely be investigated. Kicksave for pushing, canaan for being a high vote getter, juice for being juice, and dagny for being very vocal.

On another note, if I were a slug I'd be pissed about cupkeeper saying that after he was killed off. When you're dead, you're dead.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

MWB wrote:
beerman wrote: But I'm going to unsalt ks for now unless it needs a vote or two to close it out. My guess is that cup keeper probably would've investigated someone who was up for a possible salting or active in trying to get someone specific salted. IMO that leaves kicksave, canaan, dagny or juice as the most likely that he would've investigated. Since I'm not feeling the ks vote right now I say we go with one of the other 3. salt juice
I agree that is who would likely be investigated. Kicksave for pushing, canaan for being a high vote getter, juice for being juice, and dagny for being very vocal.

On another note, if I were a slug I'd be pissed about cupkeeper saying that after he was killed off. When you're dead, you're dead.
beer did the same thing last game....oh well

I'm not sure where i stand on voting yet....leaving for work now and i'll look in to it there after my first meeting
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

If I get salted, I understand why. It's early and we don't have much to go off of. I figured I would have been eaten anyway after the JC-salting. I'm just a regular villager. I'd really like to snag a slug before I die, though.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Holy Crap I missed a lot since 5pm yesterday....

:face:
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

crayz wrote:
MWB wrote:

beer did the same thing last game....oh well

I'm not sure where i stand on voting yet....leaving for work now and i'll look in to it there after my first meeting
I think mwb meant because we think we can narrow down where he would've placed his investigation. While nobody had any idea where I was investigating. But at the same time this could be just as detrimental to us because if we're focusing on those 4 as the people he must've investigated and he went completely in another direction then we could be in trouble, but for this day at least I think we should pick one of those 4 and I'm not picking ks so that narrows it to 3 in my mind.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

beerman wrote: I think mwb meant because we think we can narrow down where he would've placed his investigation. While nobody had any idea where I was investigating. But at the same time this could be just as detrimental to us because if we're focusing on those 4 as the people he must've investigated and he went completely in another direction then we could be in trouble, but for this day at least I think we should pick one of those 4 and I'm not picking ks so that narrows it to 3 in my mind.
Exactly. And you're right, it does cut both ways... could be as bad for us as it is good.