LGP Political Discussion Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: LGP Politcal Discussion Thread

Post by DelPen »

pittsoccer33 wrote:The attorney general should bring up charges on ACORN under RICO statues.
While in theory that would be approrpriate but what are the odds of Holder doing that especially after refusing to investigate the Black Panthers for blatant voter intimidation caught on video?
GaryRissling
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by GaryRissling »

I am impressed with ACORN's professionalism and efficiency. Heck, this is a viral marketing piece for ACORN.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

I have passed through the two day cooling off period, does anyone really know the specifics of the plan the president is endorsing? If so please fill me in along with the rest of America...
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

Ron` wrote:I have passed through the two day cooling off period, does anyone really know the specifics of the plan the president is endorsing? If so please fill me in along with the rest of America...
Yes, he's endorsed "choice," and "competition," "efficiency," and "universality."

Also, ponies for everyone.

How? Well, it's clear that this president doesn't actually deal in details, leaving it instead up to our fake legislative branch, Congress, and our actual legislative branch, lobbyists, to work those out on their own.

Which means, the bill that actually gets passed will restrict choice (think your employer is offering crappy insurance and want to opt out and buy your own? NOT ANYMORE, SUCKER!), offer no more competition than exists currently (less, actually, if the provision to force employees to swallow their employer's plan for better or worse stays in the final package), create more inefficiency, still leave millions without coverage, and, mostly, shovel piles of cash at big insurance.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

HomerPenguin wrote:Also, ponies for everyone.
WOO HOO!!! :lol: :thumb:
HomerPenguin wrote:How? Well, it's clear that this president doesn't actually deal in details, leaving it instead up to our fake legislative branch, Congress, and our actual legislative branch, lobbyists, to work those out on their own.

Which means, the bill that actually gets passed will restrict choice (think your employer is offering crappy insurance and want to opt out and buy your own? NOT ANYMORE, SUCKER!), offer no more competition than exists currently (less, actually, if the provision to force employees to swallow their employer's plan for better or worse stays in the final package), create more inefficiency, still leave millions without coverage, and, mostly, shovel piles of cash at big insurance.
I heard on WTOP news this morning (DCs news/traffic/weather radio station) that it will increase competition therefore lowering cost. Now, this is the only place I heard it from so I'm not saying they are right.

Personally I think it should start with TORT Reform and regulating pharm companies. Lower the cost of the drugs and examinations. I don't see why 1 bottle of Insulin should cost $400
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

HomerPenguin wrote:
Ron` wrote:I have passed through the two day cooling off period, does anyone really know the specifics of the plan the president is endorsing? If so please fill me in along with the rest of America...
Yes, he's endorsed "choice," and "competition," "efficiency," and "universality."

How? Well, it's clear that this president doesn't actually deal in details, leaving it instead up to our fake legislative branch, Congress, and our actual legislative branch, lobbyists, to work those out on their own.

So we are back to the purpose of voting. The Executive branch which cannot control the legislative branch except in time of war is adrift. The american people which focus on the executive vote and ignore/vote for the usual suspects have no one to blame but themselves... What a country we live in, when people don't even understand their responsibilties...
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Ron` wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:

So we are back to the purpose of voting. The Executive branch which cannot control the legislative branch except in time of war is adrift. The american people which focus on the executive vote and ignore/vote for the usual suspects have no one to blame but themselves... What a country we live in, when people don't even understand their responsibilties...
And full circle we come. Almost *exactly* one year later

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... start=3073" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I hope all you PA residents are proud of Sen. Bob Casey who was one of only 7 Senators to vote no to strip ACORN from federal funding derived from HUD. Really, who wouldn't try to keep a group that wants to help child sex pedlers get a mortgage and hide income. I mean come on, you have to be racist to think ACORN did anything wrong here.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I cant believe he voted against that resolution...wondering who those seven senators were. Unfreakinbelievable
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

I'm sick about hearing about ACORN, I never even heard of them until Glenn Beck decided to dedicate his life to talking them down. I'm sure there are tons of groups that have members that do unsavory things, but that doesn't mean the entire group should be abolished.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

doublem wrote:I'm sick about hearing about ACORN, I never even heard of them until Glenn Beck decided to dedicate his life to talking them down. I'm sure there are tons of groups that have members that do unsavory things, but that doesn't mean the entire group should be abolished.
lulz
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

doublem wrote:I'm sick about hearing about ACORN, I never even heard of them until Glenn Beck decided to dedicate his life to talking them down. I'm sure there are tons of groups that have members that do unsavory things, but that doesn't mean the entire group should be abolished.
So you didn't really pay attention last summer then, did you.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

shafnutz05 wrote:I cant believe he voted against that resolution...wondering who those seven senators were. Unfreakinbelievable
•Dick Durbin (D-IL)
•Roland Burris (D-IL)
•Robert Casey (D-PA)
•Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)
•Patrick Leahy (D-VT)
•Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
•Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

DelPen wrote:
Not really. And what was the problem with ACORN before this tape came out? Something about Obama? Isn't the real problem that conservatives don't like it any time people try to help the poor?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

ACORN is being investighated in 14 states for massive voter fraud.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124182750646102435.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just one of the dozens of stories that were out there for the last 9 months or so.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

I guess they can get in line with all the rest of the organizations that are involved in fraud in this country.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

DelPen wrote:ACORN is being investighated in 14 states for massive voter fraud.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124182750646102435.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just one of the dozens of stories that were out there for the last 9 months or so.
GLENN BECK!!! :scared: :!: :!: :scared: :!: :scared:
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

BARRRRRRRRRRRY SANDEERS!!!
cs6687
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cs6687 »

doublem wrote:I guess they can get in line with all the rest of the organizations that are involved in fraud in this country.
If Obama pissed on your leg and told you it was raining, you would believe him, would you not?
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

cs6687 wrote:
doublem wrote:I guess they can get in line with all the rest of the organizations that are involved in fraud in this country.
If Obama pissed on your leg and told you it was raining, you would believe him, would you not?
I would ask him why he pissed on my leg. I have criticized Obama plenty. Not that ACORN has anything to do with Obama.
Last edited by doublem on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

DelPen wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I cant believe he voted against that resolution...wondering who those seven senators were. Unfreakinbelievable
•Dick Durbin (D-IL)
•Roland Burris (D-IL)
•Robert Casey (D-PA)
•Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)
•Patrick Leahy (D-VT)
•Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
•Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)
First of all, ACORN, if they were really trying to help poor communities, would be slamming these people and calling the police on them as fast as possible. Its not a secret that drugs and prostitution ruin families and ruin these poor communities. They dont care about families, they care about disruption and malcontention.

As far as the senators, they dont care, look at the party they belong to. These liberals, along with Obama and Barney Frank and Pelosi and the crew want us to lose as many jobs as possible. Every lost job is a person who loses healthcare. He wants as much unemployment as possible. More people without jobs=more people without healthcare=more people who theoretically should support his takeover of the private sector.
Last edited by pittsoccer33 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Post by Bob McKenzie »

Of course YOU would be sick of hearing about ACORN. :lol:
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Bob McKenzie »

doublem wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Not really. And what was the problem with ACORN before this tape came out? Something about Obama? Isn't the real problem that conservatives don't like it any time people try to help the poor?
Voter fraud? Where have you been? Have you climbed out of Obama's rear yet or what?
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Bob McKenzie »

cs6687 wrote:
:lol:
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

Bob McKenzie wrote:
Of course YOU would be sick of hearing about ACORN. :lol:
I don't get caught up on talk radio, emotional stories that get people all worked up and outraged. Like they are the first group in this country to be guilty of voter fraud, it happens all the time.