** Slug Warz II - Sign Up Thread **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: ** Slug Warz II - Sign Up Thread **

Post by Senka »

Clearing up questions:
--Mayor-Gardener contact is through ME, not directly. the mayor shouldnt know the identity of the gardener.
--If research is done, all info is given out (Mayor, slug, etc)
--I capped it at 22 people since we wanted a 20-person game.
--Some are FOR recruits, others are not. We gotta decide. (we could do both like i said too if no one agrees)
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Corvidae wrote:1 Yes
2 Yes
3 I say 4
4 Start with 2 then go to 4
5 Good
6 Yes, like last round. He just can't be the Gardener of Sexy Manjuice

Also, allow the Mayor to PM during the day phase.
4? We had 7 to 31 people. thats over 1 slug to 4.4 people. if we have 22 ppl, same ratio comes out to 5.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

I thought we had too many last game.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Mayor i'm on the fence of....

a) no mayor
b) he can communicate with gardener. My only fear of the communication is that it will add extra delays to night time as there can now be 2-3 messages vs 1.

I do like the recruit concept....maybe start 1 alpha, 2 lil slugs, and they can recruit 2. It just changes the dynamic and makes it really interesting.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Corvidae wrote:1 Yes
2 Yes
3 I say 4
4 Start with 2 then go to 4
5 Good
6 Yes, like last round. He just can't be the Gardener of Sexy Manjuice

Also, allow the Mayor to PM during the day phase.
I'm OK with this, except:

3. I think 5
4. I think random. Otherwise it may get too confusing??

And a +1 on the Mayor deciding during the day.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

ill take a few more ideas from people, and ill decide. i guess we'll start on monday though.

Azkar will text me if im needed, so we'll essentially have 4 eyes in the sky, even though all he's doing is alerting me... lol

But i realize no everyone will agree. So ill take what people say and decide on it tomorrow. Ill also start a thread probably LATE sunday night, since i dont wake up til 9am. and those of you who wanna start can, but time rule wont really be in effect until 9am.

other than that, i like the MAYOR sending in the day, (actually whenever they please to, but if the salting happens first, too bad. (AKA No waiting on the mayor, they have to message when they feel it time to)

and im torn between 4 and 5 slugs too. I know what your saying 7 was too many for 31, but i think 5 works for 20. thats what weve done in past for WW games.

I got a PM from PFIDC who said he wanted in the game, but ive already reached 22. so idk wat to do about that one.

but keep on discussing and ill look it over and decide on it.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I'm for letting in one or two more players since:

1. I like the diversity that I saw in the last game thread;
2. It will pretty much render the 4 vs. 5 slugs question moot (go with 5 :) ); and
3. I feel guilty as a n00b jumping in and displacing veteran players who want to go.

This goes for PFiDC as well as neophool, who also wanted to play. But you veterans decide.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

1) don't really care
2) don't really care
3) 5
4) random
5) YES
6) yes
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

yes
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

I say let pfidc in since he choked and died on your crap last game and cap it there. 23 people start with 4 slugs and they have the option to recruit a fifth, but maybe make it that they have to do it by a certain night?

I like the idea of the mayor being able to be a slug, now do you throw everyone's name in for the mayor then throw that name back in randomly for the other roles. ie the angel could end up being the mayor, but so could the alpha (that'd make things interesting) or just make that person essentially a regular villager that could be the lone convert for the slugs.

I think letting the gardener talk with them through you is a good idea, but they should have to have investigated the mayor first to have that ability. Also might be a good twist that they only can send pm's to you and you forward them along so that essentially the mayor never knows exactly who the gardener is but could get the info if the gardener chooses to give it.

Idk just some ideas, I'm pumped to play no matter what. If we let in pfidc that's 23 people with possibility of 5 slugs, manduca sexy, bird, gardener, mayor and 14 regular villagers. Could be 15 if the mayor lucks out and gets to double up on roles.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Senka wrote: I got a PM from PFIDC who said he wanted in the game, but ive already reached 22. so idk wat to do about that one.
If he wants in, he can take my spot. He'll probably be more active than me anyway.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

i'm for keeping some recruiting, but starting with say 1 alpha and 1 or 2 betas. then they can recruit 2 more? 5 slugz total, that's plenty enough slime.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I mentioned this idea to bhaw, but this was in the context of a recruiting game.

The mayor didn't get interesting until he was converted. I had suggested, for the next game, dropping the mayor, but having a slug with 2 pardons for the whole game. Call him whatever you like. The role can certainly make it interesting.

I think in a game with the cap limit smaller, the village doesn't need two, essentially, angels.

I don't know if you've decided on recruit/non recruit, but I think the mayor is a dumb role, unless it's a large recruiting game, like last game, which got him converted.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Crap. No room left? :-(

I want in if there is
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

dagny wrote:I mentioned this idea to bhaw, but this was in the context of a recruiting game.

The mayor didn't get interesting until he was converted. I had suggested, for the next game, dropping the mayor, but having a slug with 2 pardons for the whole game. Call him whatever you like. The role can certainly make it interesting.

I think in a game with the cap limit smaller, the village doesn't need two, essentially, angels.

I don't know if you've decided on recruit/non recruit, but I think the mayor is a dumb role, unless it's a large recruiting game, like last game, which got him converted.
I agree with Dagny. Unless the mayor has a chance to be recruited, it seems to be a wasted role.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

in please if still possible

MUST PLAY SLUG WARS
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

IMO, as is, the mayor only works in a recruitment game. It's a nice power for the slugs, but probably useless otherwise... potentially tilts the scales towards the village if they use their power correctly.

I say that if we do a random game (which would greatly speed up the game), that role gets assigned to one of the slugs randomly. You can change the name of the role if it makes sense to, but I think that makes it more fair (and useful).

Let these last few people in and then do a random game in this vein. It will still be quicker than the previous one because there will not be 4 nights of recruiting, just killing.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

IMO, what slowed down the last game was how many people were playing. 30+ is too many.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

So if you are at 22 and you let me, mac, and PFIDC in that would make an even 25 unless I am missing someone else.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Just for clarification: What about the Mayor being allowed to pardon during the day?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

slappybrown wrote:So if you are at 22 and you let me, mac, and PFIDC in that would make an even 25 unless I am missing someone else.
No thanks. :pop:
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

24 people max (randomly generated way)
20 villagers (including role players)
4 slugs
gogogo
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

but if it's random how is everyone going to know when to salt me :pop:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Kicksave wrote:
slappybrown wrote:So if you are at 22 and you let me, mac, and PFIDC in that would make an even 25 unless I am missing someone else.
No thanks. :pop:
SALT KICKSAVE
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

24 people.
20 villagers. (bird/sexta/villagers)
4 slugs.
--1 recruit? 0 recruit?