*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by the wicked child »

It is interesting to see how things unfolded. Without Senka's slugdar though we would have been slaughtered.

Great job mac as well.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

beerman wrote:
MWB wrote:
beerman wrote:
I hated being the vig, it was nice having the ability to know that you could take a person out quickly. But I was worried about doing more harm than good to the village.
Same here. In my one run as vig I shot you and a couple other villagers I think.
were you the one who shot me the same night I got eaten?
No, I don't think so.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

I couldn't remember who that was, but I do remember you blasting me now, thanks for that
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

senka,

what gave me away?

was it the LITT vote...that eventually went to MWB, when you shot LITT and he turned out slug did that give me away?
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

i tried too hard to play games cause i was under the gun the whole time

good job village, unreal comeback
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

the wicked child wrote:It is interesting to see how things unfolded. Without Senka's slugdar though we would have been slaughtered.

Great job mac as well.
From a mod perspective, it was funny.

Everyone had these lists of 5 or 6 people who they thought were slugs. And all of them had one slug at the top then a bunch of villagers. I said to Corvidae that if people follow one of these people, they will get a slug, trust the person, then get 4 or 5 villagers in a row.

Then Senka started speaking up and things went nuts. I knew once Troy got killed, wallflower was the last hope for the slugs since she was under the radar and guys like dan and wicked child were brought up a lot more. Then jay comes out with the pie chart and WHAM!
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Juice wrote:i tried too hard to play games cause i was under the gun the whole time

good job village, unreal comeback
You lasted about 4 rounds longer than I thought you would.

I think the other problem is that with you and canaan so close, it's almost required that you guys are a package to be slugs/wolves. If I were a wolf and we recruited one of you, I'd be afraid the other would see the PMs on the computer or something and realize what's up.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

wow.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

yeah jays, that pie chart, i dont knoww what it was, but i was just like yeah, im following him now. its hard to gauge you because sometimes you flip out about stuff! so idont know if its just a show like PLEASE PLEASE FOLLOW ME! and youre a slug or ur just trying to get us to vote for a slug.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

wow, well played game.

I knew canaan was a slug!! but noooo, jay had to get everyone against me!

although, I also thought npv was too :face:
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

this was my second game and i had been thinking that i was improving a little on the ins and outs....but, wow.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

wait...does this mean PFIDC is safe from wearing the Hartnell jersey?? noooooo
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Juice, why didn't you vote (or switch your vote) the round I got knocked off? It was between me and jwei, and I think if jwei had one more vote then JC probably would've stuck with him.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I started following jay during the mwb vote figuring he was too crazy to be a slug lol.

The pie chart was genius though fo sho.

Wally got owned by a pie chart, a definite first.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Pipes Hochuli wrote:this was my second game and i had been thinking that i was improving a little on the ins and outs....but, wow.
People always figure out new ways because everyone always remembers how they were outsmarted in previous games.

The slugs were doing really well this time spreading out their votes and even voting for each other a lot. I know I thought people like malkamaniac were much more slug like than the actual slugs and would have voted for them if I were playing. I probably would have voted PFIDC at some point too.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

So I have a question...

Does this mean Slug Wars II, Mafia I, or WWXI begins monday?

lol
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

the wicked child wrote:Wally got owned by a pie chart, a definite first.
LOL... that is an awesome line.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

bhaw wrote:I probably would have voted PFIDC at some point too.
I tried to get him several times, but was never successful.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

npv708 wrote:So I have a question...

Does this mean Slug Wars II, Mafia I, or WWXI begins monday?

lol
You have totally forgotten about Jellyfish Invasion.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

bhaw wrote:
Pipes Hochuli wrote:this was my second game and i had been thinking that i was improving a little on the ins and outs....but, wow.
People always figure out new ways because everyone always remembers how they were outsmarted in previous games.

The slugs were doing really well this time spreading out their votes and even voting for each other a lot. I know I thought people like malkamaniac were much more slug like than the actual slugs and would have voted for them if I were playing. I probably would have voted PFIDC at some point too.
i'm sure i seemed slug-like too, i know i did. it's difficult not to in a way.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

bhaw wrote:

The thing was that slugs were being constantly called out all game.....juice, canaan, & wf were getting votes like every round...they were actually able to survive though...i got called out once, and bamb, i was dead.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

so....can i edit now?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Pipes Hochuli wrote:
bhaw wrote:

i'm sure i seemed slug-like too, i know i did. it's difficult not to in a way.
I didn't notice you to be honest. Meaning you didn't stick out to me as playing it bad for a villager. I was a mod and malkamaniac and PFIDC almost had me convinced at time that they were slugs.
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

Thanks for the vote of confidence, mac, although I still think I've got a lot to learn before I call myself any good at this game. My slugdar did kick in on Juice enough for me to call him out, although I had him going to the dark side a couple nights after he actually did. I voted for IE before she was a slug, and later had her pegged as one of the first recruits; I pegged Senka as a RP but was totally fooled by the Canaan bird-Senka angel thing. I didn't have strong enough suspicions of anyone else to call anyone out, especially after I made a hunch vote on neophool, Senka followed, everyone jumped on, and it was wrong. WF probably would have been toward the top of my "list," if I had taken time to make one, but I really didn't know where the last couple of slugs were hiding. At least I knew enough to not say anything that eliminated me as a potential RP from the slugs' view, at least until Canaan and Senka came out.

I think the skill of playing this game might be pretty much unrelated to most any other skill. Data mining does help a bit, if you have time to do it. I really wonder how someone who worked as a police detective would do at this game. Hopefully I'll get some role other than villager next time, so I'll learn more. I'm guessing you learn quickest as a wolf or moderator.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

bhaw wrote:
I didn't notice you to be honest. Meaning you didn't stick out to me as playing it bad for a villager. I was a mod and malkamaniac and PFIDC almost had me convinced at time that they were slugs.
They were both on my bird list.