*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by Troy Loney »

Yeah...mac made a nice move to save senka that one night.....little but of luck and good timing...it was a coin flip between JC and senka for us when we decided who to kill..

but to be honest the game is kind of tainted by the fact that everyone wants people dead just on profile...canaan & juice were recruited early and people we're calling for their heads early on for no other reason than because of their names (atleast i was)...then IE, and it determined who the slugs decided to recruit...i don't know...a little venting....
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

beerman wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:Senka, say what you want, but you got lucky on me. I was the last convert. So when I was pushing for canaan, and pushing for juice, and was about to start pushing for wf, I was a villager.

Should have listened to me at the beginning. :P
I think it would've been pretty obvious once you wouldn't vote for the people you originally wanted out :lol:
And here I always thought I sucked at this... until this game. :lol:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

canaan wrote:
mac5155 wrote: i had known he was the bird
how so?
because you feuded?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

MWB wrote:
mac5155 wrote:i had known he was the bird, and he didnt have a nom that night, so i kept him around until the next night at least so he could use the nom.
How did you know he was the bird though?
one day we had a little tussle, he wanted to salt me and no one else would, and i couldnt defend myself. i thought it was obvious, that who he wanted to salt (he's always all over the place) usually ended up being killed by the bird the night or 2 after, so i took a chance. he pretty much assumed i was the sexta protecting myself, so then i played a little "why are you all of a sudden not suspicious of me anymore" and he just said that something happened or w/e so i knew he was more than likely the bird. then canaan came out as the bird, and senka knew i was the sexta, so i waited for him until i came out calling BS, and he thought up this amazing scheme and it worked because i stayed quiet, knowing senka was at the least a villager and not trying to trick us by saying he was the sexta, and canaan fell for it.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

So wolves, what was your thought process? Why did you recruit who you did and eat who you did.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

IrishEyes wrote:
beerman wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:Senka, say what you want, but you got lucky on me. I was the last convert. So when I was pushing for canaan, and pushing for juice, and was about to start pushing for wf, I was a villager.

Should have listened to me at the beginning. :P
I think it would've been pretty obvious once you wouldn't vote for the people you originally wanted out :lol:
And here I always thought I sucked at this... until this game. :lol:
your side still didn't win :pop: :lol:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

mac5155 wrote:protizzect mac5155

me thinks senka is the birdie and coming after me
this was actualy my PM the night senka tried to shoot me. mods can confirm it if there is doubt
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

beerman wrote:your side still didn't win :pop: :lol:
That's okay. And I don't know about anyone else, but it's really tough trying to change your voting patterns and the way you look at the game without actually changing anything. I don't like being recruited. :(
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

mac5155 wrote:
MWB wrote:
mac5155 wrote:i had known he was the bird, and he didnt have a nom that night, so i kept him around until the next night at least so he could use the nom.
How did you know he was the bird though?
one day we had a little tussle, he wanted to salt me and no one else would, and i couldnt defend myself. i thought it was obvious, that who he wanted to salt (he's always all over the place) usually ended up being killed by the bird the night or 2 after, so i took a chance. he pretty much assumed i was the sexta protecting myself, so then i played a little "why are you all of a sudden not suspicious of me anymore" and he just said that something happened or w/e so i knew he was more than likely the bird. then canaan came out as the bird, and senka knew i was the sexta, so i waited for him until i came out calling BS, and he thought up this amazing scheme and it worked because i stayed quiet, knowing senka was at the least a villager and not trying to trick us by saying he was the sexta, and canaan fell for it.

dont take this personally, but i think you're full of it.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

mac5155 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:protizzect mac5155

me thinks senka is the birdie and coming after me
this was actualy my PM the night senka tried to shoot me. mods can confirm it if there is doubt
He did send that PM.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

you can think what you want, but its the honest to god truth
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

i nom'd Sdm as a complete shot in the dark. I nom'd NPV just to make it look like canaan didnt stick to his word, and the village might realize he was lying. i wasnt trying to nom him, because if he was the final slug, he couldnt win. id be exposed and hed be lying or id just nom him.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote: but to be honest the game is kind of tainted by the fact that everyone wants people dead just on profile...canaan & juice were recruited early and people we're calling for their heads early on for no other reason than because of their names (atleast i was)...then IE, and it determined who the slugs decided to recruit...i don't know...a little venting....
I agree. That is why that first game or two last summer was awesome. Know one knew what was going on.

And that is why when noobs join, it's kind of fun because you don't know how they play.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Even if Mac and Senka PM'd, which I have no reason to believe they did, how did that make Senka call out 5 consecutive slugs? Also, how would they have known that the slugs were going to attack Senka on that one particular night.

Mac protected Senka one night (except the last one). I think even if there was any collusion (I doubt there was), how could it have benefited them to work out perfectly like it did?

I think both Senka and mac played smart games. Just like the slugs were up until they started getting killed.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

newarenanow wrote:
Troy Loney wrote: but to be honest the game is kind of tainted by the fact that everyone wants people dead just on profile...canaan & juice were recruited early and people we're calling for their heads early on for no other reason than because of their names (atleast i was)...then IE, and it determined who the slugs decided to recruit...i don't know...a little venting....
I agree. That is why that first game or two last summer was awesome. Know one knew what was going on.

And that is why when noobs join, it's kind of fun because you don't know how they play.
like DanH, i dont remember him playing any, but it turns out hes very good.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

I assume mac knew, because i was pursuing hard until i tried NOMing and failed. then i COMPLETELY backed off. if you noticed. and Mac actually said "whyd you stop after me" and i simply said i pursued IE, and forgot. but in reality i knew. i guess mac never really knew for sure until i came out as the angel, but it was a pretty strong effort. I had to really petition for MWB though... pictures and all! next time ill use a pie chart :pop:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

bhaw wrote:Even if Mac and Senka PM'd, which I have no reason to believe they did, how did that make Senka call out 5 consecutive slugs? Also, how would they have known that the slugs were going to attack Senka on that one particular night.

Mac protected Senka one night (except the last one). I think even if there was any collusion (I doubt there was), how could it have benefited them to work out perfectly like it did?

I think both Senka and mac played smart games. Just like the slugs were up until they started getting killed.
yeah, i protected him last night in case he was still drunk and forgot to nom canaan :scared:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

mac5155 wrote:you can think what you want, but its the honest to god truth
I believe you. When you are the angel, you can piece a few things together. It takes luck and you need the right things to occur, but when I was the angel like 20 times during this game, you protect some people and they are saved, so that opens up some clues.

I know one game Senka was the angel, didn't know if a was a villager or not, took a chance, protected me, the wolves tried to eat me, and he confirmed I was a villager. That united us and the village ended up winning a close game.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

mac5155 wrote:
bhaw wrote:Even if Mac and Senka PM'd, which I have no reason to believe they did, how did that make Senka call out 5 consecutive slugs? Also, how would they have known that the slugs were going to attack Senka on that one particular night.

yeah, i protected him last night in case he was still drunk and forgot to nom canaan :scared:
me? drunk? never!
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Senka wrote:I assume mac knew, because i was pursuing hard until i tried NOMing and failed. then i COMPLETELY backed off. if you noticed. and Mac actually said "whyd you stop after me" and i simply said i pursued IE, and forgot. but in reality i knew. i guess mac never really knew for sure until i came out as the angel, but it was a pretty strong effort. I had to really petition for MWB though... pictures and all! next time ill use a pie chart :pop:
i pretty much had suspicions like i said to the mods when you tried to eat me that night, and i just thought it was obvious that whoever you wanted salted, if they werent salted, you NOMd them within a day or 2. you just got on a hot streak finding slugs
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Senka wrote:I assume mac knew, because i was pursuing hard until i tried NOMing and failed. then i COMPLETELY backed off. if you noticed. and Mac actually said "whyd you stop after me" and i simply said i pursued IE, and forgot. but in reality i knew. i guess mac never really knew for sure until i came out as the angel, but it was a pretty strong effort. I had to really petition for MWB though... pictures and all! next time ill use a pie chart :pop:
You guys worked well together. So what made you come after me?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

canaan is the Red Wings of slug wars. mac, did you shake his hand to say good game?

:D
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

I honestly want to "retire" from this and MOD/Co-MOD. lol i loved modding the one time i got to, but Ive won a game as the vig, alpha, villager, and angel. lol Its cool to be on the other side of things too. I know juice always headed up WW, but if you guys ever want in, let me be first to say, id love to mod if a slot opens.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

newarenanow wrote:
mac5155 wrote:you can think what you want, but its the honest to god truth
I believe you. When you are the angel, you can piece a few things together. It takes luck and you need the right things to occur, but when I was the angel like 20 times during this game, you protect some people and they are saved, so that opens up some clues.

I know one game Senka was the angel, didn't know if a was a villager or not, took a chance, protected me, the wolves tried to eat me, and he confirmed I was a villager. That united us and the village ended up winning a close game.
yeah, i was doing what i called "pseudo-seer" and just protecting people in the hopes that the slugs would eat them and they would be cleared. if i did that and found 2-3, i would have came out earlier, but like i said there was no reason for me to.

i actually protected canaan one night! :scared:
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

mac5155 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

like DanH, i dont remember him playing any, but it turns out hes very good.
yeah, I think these last two games have been a lot of fun, (even though I wasn't around very long in this one) because we've had a good mix of veteran vs new players. So you can use some tendencies that you've picked up on a few people in the past but yet there's been enough new people that you can't just go on that alone. But it does suck getting lynched or eaten just because you've played every game and had success but at the same time, you're more likely to get recruited that way so you can't just lay off a veteran player either.