*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by canaan »

Pipes Hochuli wrote:i guess we're on the same page canaan?
yup. except for my NPV nom fail :face:
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Logical reasons? No...there are none. Illogical reasons? Plenty. Illogical players? Sure.

My trust won't be fully there until it is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Though, I'm always like that when a "roleplayer" comes out. It's just so easy to do in my eyes. Will I vote for canaan this round? Part of me wants to, but I know it's not the best choice and the majority of me says no.

So, who should we go for, village?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

jaysmiter wrote:So, who should we go for, village?
This is tough...

errey is voting for me but that does not mean he is for sure a slug. The ratio is much greater in our favor now that we've been on an amazing roll and it makes it harder now to decide.

I have a feeling about SolidSnake. Been mostly quiet as most alphas have been.

I believe Canaan is the bird but if he's not, will the real bird please stand up, please stand up.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i like the jwei idea, but ill wait until drunky pants wakes up before casting any salt stones :pop:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

lynch canaan
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

SolidSnake... He's been pretty under the radar, typically coming on right after night casting a vote and disappearing...but, I don't know if I can really see the slugs letting him do that. Unless it was a cool idea when there were 7, 6, 5...etc. And, now he kind of is forced to because if he stopped it would be really obvious. The only slug he's even talked about voting for is Juice (which was a planned thing, I think we're all fairly certain).

I'd go for it. What's the worst thing that happens? We lose a villager who hasn't really done anything productive? Sure, losing a villager would suck, but the ratio is so skewed now, it's bound to happen. Best case scenario, we're down to one slug.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

mac5155 wrote:lynch canaan
Wow...mac comes out with guns blazing. Shoot first, ask questions later.

I like your style, kid. lol
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

:face:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

PensFanInDC wrote:
k. so what'd i miss? because im pretty sure im right.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

mac5155 wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
...umm...canaan says he is the bird and didn't get nommed last night, so it's sort of safe to assume he is (I'm not convinced). Canaan forced Senka's hand about coming out as the angel. That's all you missed.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

yeah. salt.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

jaysmiter wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
...umm...canaan says he is the bird and didn't get nommed last night, so it's sort of safe to assume he is (I'm not convinced). Canaan forced Senka's hand about coming out as the angel. That's all you missed.
i believe senka, not canaan.. however it is weird that the real bird didnt take care of canaan
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

uh, bump..?
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

I'm kind of on the opposite spectrum of SS. While a bit under the radar, the votes and reasoning have been so lacksadasical and, "whatevs" that I feel they're just stilll testing out the waters in their first game in terms of strategy.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

If for whatever reason though the real bird didn't nom canaan, like pfidc said they should speak up now.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

yeah, because i;m extremely interested to hear... im holding back on saying something for a little.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

meh.. is no one on??
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

I'm on...I just don't know what to say at this point. I have my ideas on who is innocent and who is guilty, but...I don't want to say too much, at this point.

Senka's drunken post and subsequently dead-Letang's quote of it has made me really, really leery.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

senka is blue, for sure.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

oh, and i think letang was just :pop: ing because it was funny
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

it would be nice for senka to get on and we can dissect this mess.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

mac5155 wrote:senka is blue, for sure.
Oh, I don't doubt that Senka is a good guy. You don't call out over half the slug team without being a good dude.

This just sucks because I'm leaving around noon and don't know when I'll be back. I mean, I'll have my phone, but I'm getting a tattoo, so I don't know how keen the artist will be if I'm playing on my phone the whole time. I'm tempted to throw my vote out now, just to make it easier.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

jaysmiter wrote:
Oh, I don't doubt that Senka is a good guy. You don't call out over half the slug team without being a good dude.

This just sucks because I'm leaving around noon and don't know when I'll be back. I mean, I'll have my phone, but I'm getting a tattoo, so I don't know how keen the artist will be if I'm playing on my phone the whole time. I'm tempted to throw my vote out now, just to make it easier.
and i'm heading to the game in about an hour, and will be tailgating all day. my vote is for canaan, no matter what.
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

At this point, I believe both Senka and Canaan close to 100%. If either were a slug, the real corresponding role-players should have made it obvious last night. In Senka's case, he could have been challenged. Although that might be a sacrifice play by the "real" angel, once the real angel came up green in a salting, we'd all immediately take down Senka, and that trade would probably be worth it at this point. In Canaan's case, the reasons have already been stated. There's no way the "real" bird would have done anything but take out Canaan if Canaan were lying.

Now that the mayor is salted, we're less restricted in what we can discuss. The slugs can't block a salting anymore.

I still haven't done as much rereading as I'd really like, but since I'm not going to vote for Canaan even if Senka has suspicions, here's what I'm thinking. Standard WW strategy is to hide wolves/slugs all across the spectrum. So far, we've uncovered IE, LITT, Juice, MWB, and Loney. There's only one beta slug to find; the other remaining slug is the alpha who was assigned randomly at the beginning of the game. If the alpha followed "standard" strategy, rather than doing something else to try to stay a step ahead of us, the remaining beta might be a really quiet poster. To find the alpha, we need to figure out who looks sluggish and might have followed the eating/conversion pattern we've seen thus far.

Here's what I know:
canaan
Dan H
jaysmiter
jwienand <- quieter than usual?
mac5155
neophool <- quiet
PensFanInDC
Pipes Hochuli <- ?
Senka
SolidSnake <- quiet?
the errey i breathe <- quiet?
the wicked child <- quiet?
wallflower <- quiet

I'm not certain I've attributed the "quiet" people entirely reasonably without going back and checking, but whatever. My point is, there are a lot of them. We may get hints from what proven slugs have said, if they weren't sufficiently careful, but I'm going to cast a tentative salt vote on my own observation here.

I voted for neophool for the first couple of rounds because his posts last game were all like what he's made for the past few rounds in this game, and I'd rather bandwagon someone like that at the beginning than someone else, to avoid exactly the situation we might be in now. However, he actually made some votes and put some content into his posts for the first few rounds, so I moved my vote to IrishEyes. I haven't seen any actual game content coming from him in a while, though. Probably, that's because he just reverted to his not-really-playing style, but maybe it's because the slugs recruited him as the stealth slug, and told him to stay quiet.

salt neophool for now. I'll be happy to switch if someone presents a decent case against someone else. This vote is kind of a shot in the dark.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

jaysmiter wrote:

send me pics when you get your ink done.