*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by PensFanInDC »

Malkamaniac wrote:Yes, I'm in with the top three now! PFiDC your out!
:scared: :scared: :scared:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Where has pfidc been? He was really active most of last week, then seemed to go quiet. He's still one of the ones I'm suspicious of, but he's hard to read. Senka, still don't know what to think. Juice, seems like the safe vote, but I can see where people would rather leave him to the bird.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

PensFanInDC wrote:
:scared: :scared: :scared:

Please leave your badge and pager at the door. I'll be needing to get them altered to my name. I'm really surprised as to how I've lasted this long being that I'm a talker anyways. The day I die though, I'm gonna LOL something awful.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Pipes Hochuli wrote:sorry jays, i'm not that into you.
But...that...that night lakeside...did I mean NOTHING to you!?! *sob*
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

boom. a break up in the slug wars thread. ROUGH!
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

MWB wrote:
Where has pfidc been? He was really active most of last week, then seemed to go quiet. He's still one of the ones I'm suspicious of, but he's hard to read. Senka, still don't know what to think. Juice, seems like the safe vote, but I can see where people would rather leave him to the bird.
My cpu at home is very slow so I tend to not go online there. It was a 3-day weekend so I've been off most of the last 3 days.

Add that we are being forced to move (breaking our lease. wife still hasn't found work) and still need to come up with some serious $$ and LGP isnt at the top of my list of things to be checking.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

OK...after walking away from the computer a bit and rereading some things...my vote is still staying the something...

But, I would like to know, for those people for salting LITT, what are your reasons? Re-reading the stuff up to the Dagny nomming, and just how outspoken against him she was...I think if I can get a few solid reasons, in the spirit of uniting the village (which is something I do really want, despite my actions this morning), I could be swayed to switch to him.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

jaysmiter wrote:OK...after walking away from the computer a bit and rereading some things...my vote is still staying the something...

But, I would like to know, for those people for salting LITT, what are your reasons? Re-reading the stuff up to the Dagny nomming, and just how outspoken against him she was...I think if I can get a few solid reasons, in the spirit of uniting the village (which is something I do really want, despite my actions this morning), I could be swayed to switch to him.
Asking people to PM their "top 3 list" was all I really needed. That's not something I think a villager would do.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

PensFanInDC wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:OK...after walking away from the computer a bit and rereading some things...my vote is still staying the something...

Asking people to PM their "top 3 list" was all I really needed. That's not something I think a villager would do.
That and then chalking it up to being a noob. We know how this game works, and the noob tags went out the window after the 2nd night once they see how it went. Calling yourself a 'noob' gets you so far, up until now.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

jaysmiter wrote:OK...after walking away from the computer a bit and rereading some things...my vote is still staying the same thing...
...is how that should read.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

jaysmiter wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:OK...after walking away from the computer a bit and rereading some things...my vote is still staying the same thing...
You could have just edited your post...

:pop: :scared:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

PensFanInDC wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:
You could have just edited your post...

:pop: :scared:
:evil:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

PensFanInDC wrote:

Ok....two lines of thought need to be considered here...

1. The slugs want to be more delicate with their posts....doing suspicious things as a slug is more consequential....villagers are playing alone and are the only ones responsible for their actions...ie the slugs owe it to their slug partners to not be foolish, break the rules and have to deal with all the attention and consequences.

2. LITT is a slug....deliberately did a noob thing...yelled noob and tried to play dumb...why would a slug do that? Why garner attention?

LITT is an active poster who is participating in the game....if anything doing stoopid noob things makes him less suspicious imo...but thats just me, your all entitled to your own intrepretation of that sequence of events...i'd rather just go after the obvious slugs.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Troy Loney wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:

Ok....two lines of thought need to be considered here...

1. The slugs want to be more delicate with their posts....doing suspicious things as a slug is more consequential....villagers are playing alone and are the only ones responsible for their actions...ie the slugs owe it to their slug partners to not be foolish, break the rules and have to deal with all the attention and consequences.

2. LITT is a slug....deliberately did a noob thing...yelled noob and tried to play dumb...why would a slug do that? Why garner attention?

LITT is an active poster who is participating in the game....if anything doing stoopid noob things makes him less suspicious imo...but thats just me, your all entitled to your own intrepretation of that sequence of events...i'd rather just go after the obvious slugs.
Okay...aaaaaaand add Loney to the slug list.

:D
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

ill say it again lol. i am a noob. i havent read any of the threads before, so this is literally my first rodeo. we were struggling with the vote at the time, but it seemed like to me that there was a large group of people who would vote for two or three people based on their posts but were unwilling to change their initial vote. i thought that if we could get everyone's top few votes and compile them, similar to a salt vote, we would see there would be one or two people that had on overwhelming majority of votes. i thought that this would help people to change their votes easier. but i guess thinking outside of the box makes me a slug lol
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

yeah, i dont think LITT meant any harm by doing that.. just my 2scents
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Within the next hour or so, if we can't come to a choice. All go after Juice? If we don't want this running to the end, which is what it looks like, just get it over with?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

well next 2 hours or so.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I can get behind the Juice idea. Im sure the mayor is a slug and he protected Juice. Like I said, salt/nom Juice and LITT
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

So, what I have for Letang, so far is:
-outspoken against Dagny calling out his post-deletion -> Dagny eaten that night.
-Dagny was outspoken against him, as well.
-Asked for a PM from everyone with top-3.
-Deleted a post.
-"noob" defense.
-Votes always somehow get deflected every time they come to him.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

i can get (back) behind a juice vote too and then give the bird more of a choice of who to nom...
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Let me put in my two cents:

Here's what we know, or are pretty sure of:

Juice = slug
Mayor(unknown) = slug

Here's what I think.
One of LITT or Pipes is a slug.

Here's why.
Pipes has been calling for the Sexta to out themselves. That is a classic anti-village move and her reason behind that is that she wants to have another trusted villager, which would mean the next logical step for her is to ask the bird to out themselves. There is no reason for the sexta (or the bird) to out themselves unless they are in danger of a lynch. Since she's asking that the Sexta out themselves, it pretty much clears her of being the Sexta, and I highly doubt she's the bird.

So i'm sticking with my vote for Pipes.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

i have to agree with NPV, and i have to assume that the the bird knows who the sexta is from the misplaced bullet the other night, so right there, that helps the village.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

At this point, the only people I am willing to vote for are Canaan (current), Juice, and much to my own surprise, LITT. So, whichever one the village wants to make a unified strike on, I'm cool with. I just wish I wouldn't have made that emotional switch to Letang earlier because, in a way, it kind of crushes my credibility. But, like I said, after calming down, walking away, and then really re-reading, it does seem pretty logical.

So, village, either 3...let's pick one, unite, and destroy.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

jaysmiter wrote:So, what I have for Letang, so far is:
-outspoken against Dagny calling out his post-deletion -> Dagny eaten that night.
-Dagny was outspoken against him, as well.
-Asked for a PM from everyone with top-3.
-Deleted a post.
-"noob" defense.
-Votes always somehow get deflected every time they come to him.
My main hesitation for letang is the dagny thing....it's almost like clockwork that when someone takes a huge stand against a non-slug the slugs/wolves will kill that player to basically force the village to atleast discuss the possibility that the person was on to something....

It just makes more sense at this point for juice to go...so in this case juice is either dead or the mayor used his last pardon...if we don't kill juice the mayor will probably still be around and still have another pardon...plus the bird wont have a nom the next night....that gives the wolves two chances to off the bird.