NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by canaan »

not until 9 tonight, i believe.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Malkamaniac wrote:when is time limit up on this?
9pm
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

I still think letting this get close to a time limit is a bad, bad idea. With 6 slugs, it would be so easy for them to dictate a time-limit vote.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Where's the count Pipes?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

jaysmiter wrote:I still think letting this get close to a time limit is a bad, bad idea. With 6 slugs, it would be so easy for them to dictate a time-limit vote.

Well what do we do then? About the only person everyone seems "weary" of is Juice. As far as that, there is basically not really much to go on.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

i asked how to use the code thing and never got any help
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

jaysmiter wrote:I still think letting this get close to a time limit is a bad, bad idea. With 6 slugs, it would be so easy for them to dictate a time-limit vote.
this is something i agree with. id like to see some level of committal. letting someone get salted with 6 or 7 votes is a charcoal idea.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

canaan wrote:
this is something i agree with. id like to see some level of committal. letting someone get salted with 6 or 7 votes is a charcoal idea.

I'm also wondering about the players that are playing, but not saying jack about anything. Why play?
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

canaan wrote:
Aww...c'mere you big lug! We just needed to hug it all out! That's right...just come in for a big old hug! Oh, don't mind this big salt lick I have in my hands...*crack*
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Malkamaniac wrote:
canaan wrote:

I'm also wondering about the players that are playing, but not saying jack about anything. Why play?
There sure are an awful lot of quiet people this time.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Pipes Hochuli wrote:i asked how to use the code thing and never got any help
Oh...Can't help you there.

Just post without using the code.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

You know what I find troubling...that a village doesn't even know who their mayor is. Wasn't there an election process or something? What is this, the wizard of f'n oz?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

there is a war going on for your mind.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

PensFanInDC wrote:

I would if i had the time, got called in for another interview this afternoon.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

Mods haven't been around much, kind of suspicious if you ask me.
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

Hey, more discussion so far than I expected right after the long weekend.

I think wasting a salt vote on Juice right now isn't a good idea. The bird should pick him off, unless the bird has another good suspect. In that case, just leave him and we'll get him later.

With 14 good guys and 6 bad guys left, we have 4 day/night cycles to find slugs. We'll buy more time every time we kill a slug. Almost as importantly, we need information to find the remaining slugs, and salting Juice won't tell us anything. Even if we salt a good guy today, if the bird picks off Juice and he's a slug, we'll be at 12 vs 5 tomorrow, and have 3.5 cycles left then. If the village and the bird both nab a slug, we'll be 13 vs 4 tomorrow and have 4.5 cycles left.

This is more than a little cheesy, but: in the last writeup, on p. 100, look at the villager count. There are 20 names listed, and the split is 6 slugs, 12 regular villagers, 1 sexta, 1 bird, and 1 mayor. 6+12+3 = 21. Does that indicate the mayor is double-counted as a slug and as mayor? Compare to the very first writeup on p. 1 - the numbers add up there. Perhaps, if we look at the numbers from all the writeups and this holds up, we can get a tipoff of if and when the mayor was converted.

I'm not casting a vote just yet. Lists of suspects today might clue in the slugs to whom to protect tomorrow. We do need to talk, because we want to salt a slug today. Be wary of talking too much until we find the mayor, though. I'll look a little closer and make my vote once I'm a bit surer of people's likely roles.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'd look at the quiet ones if were looking as to why the game is slow. I'd also have no problem voting for any of them.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Dan H wrote:Hey, more discussion so far than I expected right after the long weekend.

I think wasting a salt vote on Juice right now isn't a good idea. The bird should pick him off, unless the bird has another good suspect. In that case, just leave him and we'll get him later.

With 14 good guys and 6 bad guys left, we have 4 day/night cycles to find slugs. We'll buy more time every time we kill a slug. Almost as importantly, we need information to find the remaining slugs, and salting Juice won't tell us anything. Even if we salt a good guy today, if the bird picks off Juice and he's a slug, we'll be at 12 vs 5 tomorrow, and have 3.5 cycles left then. If the village and the bird both nab a slug, we'll be 13 vs 4 tomorrow and have 4.5 cycles left.

This is more than a little cheesy, but: in the last writeup, on p. 100, look at the villager count. There are 20 names listed, and the split is 6 slugs, 12 regular villagers, 1 sexta, 1 bird, and 1 mayor. 6+12+3 = 21. Does that indicate the mayor is double-counted as a slug and as mayor? Compare to the very first writeup on p. 1 - the numbers add up there. Perhaps, if we look at the numbers from all the writeups and this holds up, we can get a tipoff of if and when the mayor was converted.

I'm not casting a vote just yet. Lists of suspects today might clue in the slugs to whom to protect tomorrow. We do need to talk, because we want to salt a slug today. Be wary of talking too much until we find the mayor, though. I'll look a little closer and make my vote once I'm a bit surer of people's likely roles.
mayor is additional role. so its stil lright. just means in addition to being a villager or a slug, one among us is the mayor.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

DanH, i've removed my hint of suspicion of you from the previous round. For everyone else catching up, my LITT theory can be read on page 102
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

PensFanInDC wrote:

its just like a quote..
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

we cant unite as a villager, and the slugs will get the majority come time limit time. i am keeping for MWB cause i know im right.

-Juice
-Malkimaniac

are my other 2 slugs im fairly confident in. Malkimaniac just because hes not willing to swing to anyone i think is a slug, but votes for everyone im fairly sure is a villager. its amazing how that works.

im never gonna shut up about mwb til someone does something... with me. Jose, you know you want to switch back here...
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

that's all i've got, heading out until later in the evening.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Canaan – 87 posts
Dan H – 29 posts
Juice – 89 posts
Jaysmiter – 222 posts
JoseCuervo – 136 posts
Jwienand – 31 posts
Letang Is The Truth – 131 posts
mac5155 – 249 posts
Malkamaniac – 204 posts
MWB – 110 posts