*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

my panic emote was meant to follow that post mwb, but you had to sneak one in there.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

i'm gonna gather a tally...
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

I've let everyone go round and round to see what the thought is, and I don't understand it...
Why exactly is it being assumed by everyone that I am a slug? Because the mayor thought it would be a good idea to keep me around? That's all that is being presented as reasoning to my slugdom?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

jaysmiter wrote: Then immediately after this on page 102, canaan shows up, and instead of really defending himself, just starts the accusation train and throws a salt on me.
I won't disagree with most of what you say, but when someone is accused of being a slug, they have three options:
1. Deny it and try to give reasons.
2. Accuse someone else.
3. Stay silent.

Any of those three responses will be seen as "slug-like." If you deny it and defend yourself, you're trying too hard to look innocent. If you accuse someone else, you're diverting attention. If you stay silent, you're trying to stay under the radar. I just don't see a person's response to being called out as a logical explanation for guilt... the other stuff you posted should be considered though.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

jaysmiter wrote:I also find it interesting that canaan all of the sudden shows up during this period and starts his push again...right after I bring his name back into question.
get real. im at work and when i get some free time, i come to the thread and see you spouting off voting like 3 different people. of course im going to respond to that...when someone tosses baseless accusations, it raises my suspicion level and ive noticed this as a common plan by you...attack and generalize. for someone who wants to unify, come together as a village, etc, you're doing nothing but causing what seems to me a very basic slug level. its just my opinion.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Juice wrote:I've let everyone go round and round to see what the thought is, and I don't understand it...
Why exactly is it being assumed by everyone that I am a slug? Because the mayor thought it would be a good idea to keep me around? That's all that is being presented as reasoning to my slugdom?
Seems like a logical reason.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

MWB wrote:
jaysmiter wrote: Then immediately after this on page 102, canaan shows up, and instead of really defending himself, just starts the accusation train and throws a salt on me.
I won't disagree with most of what you say, but when someone is accused of being a slug, they have three options:
1. Deny it and try to give reasons.
2. Accuse someone else.
3. Stay silent.

Any of those three responses will be seen as "slug-like." If you deny it and defend yourself, you're trying too hard to look innocent. If you accuse someone else, you're diverting attention. If you stay silent, you're trying to stay under the radar. I just don't see a person's response to being called out as a logical explanation for guilt... the other stuff you posted should be considered though.
True, to a point. I guess when the defense doesn't come off as a defense, but just a way to throw it back at the person who cast the vote it seems extra shady. It's also really shady that Canaan isn't around all morning, yet, as soon as he senses an opening to push his attack on me, he's here and adamant.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

MWB wrote:
Juice wrote:I've let everyone go round and round to see what the thought is, and I don't understand it...
Yeah, pretty logical. It just really seemed very staged.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

hows the code thing work to tally votes?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

MWB wrote:
While I think Juice that your a slug, that's about the only reason at this point. But don't worry, it was failed logic on my part to think that way as well.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

I got called in for a second interview from last week [woooo], I'm going to be leaving soon. then hockey practice after that.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

canaan wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:I also find it interesting that canaan all of the sudden shows up during this period and starts his push again...right after I bring his name back into question.
get real. im at work and when i get some free time, i come to the thread and see you spouting off voting like 3 different people. of course im going to respond to that...when someone tosses baseless accusations, it raises my suspicion level and ive noticed this as a common plan by you...attack and generalize. for someone who wants to unify, come together as a village, etc, you're doing nothing but causing what seems to me a very basic slug level. its just my opinion.
Baseless accusations? I guess providing some solid reasoning is baseless? Attack and generalize? What is "general" about my attack on you or juice, for that matter? I should have never switched from you, but I thought we were heading in Juice's direction. Then I got frustrated and made a vote switch. I gave no reasoning for Letang, in fact I said it was a stupid vote. After I took a few deep breaths, I switched back to who I really want this round.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

jay, you need to chill. I remember using you when I was a wolf because you were going crazy like this. Just relax.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

the wicked child wrote:
If no one is willing to go jweinand at this point, I will consider switching but I am not hopping on that one.
i am with you and i will vote jwei to maybe get something going. i have been on that vote for a while but never gets traction. the jays flip-flop voting is interesting that has been brought up. but for now

salt jwie

color please :)
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

JoseCuervo wrote:jay, you need to chill. I remember using you when I was a wolf because you were going crazy like this. Just relax.
You're right. I am too competitive for this type of game. I get way too involved.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

jaysmiter wrote:Baseless accusations?

Then I got frustrated and made a vote switch. I gave no reasoning for Letang, in fact I said it was a stupid vote.

got it. you're the only person that can change votes and it not be suspicious. makes absolute sense.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

jaysmiter wrote:
Pipes Hochuli wrote:the identity question of the sexta has been discussed before, but now, since the slugs know....shouldn't we as a village know as well? that may erase some confusion, although i'm i have the feeling the sexta is someone that i havent been very suspicious of.
I wouldn't get too hasty, Pipes...chances are the slugs do know who the angel is, but...there's that slim chance that the angel did something crazy and protected someone else.

So, it's really up to the angel if he wants to reveal himself (she/herself).

I think we need to look really hard at the attempted Juice salting. Really, there is one slim situation where he ISN'T a slug, but there's no point going after him right now. We know it's there, let's go for someone else. If the vig wants to take him out tonight, that's his call, but as for now we can probably just leave it alone. Unless we just wanted to get that vote out of the way and take him out now. Whatever works. We're not going to learn anything from a second salting, however.

But, who were the cavaliers in that Juice salting? I was one, yes. I had reasons to back it up. I think we really need to look hard at Canaan. He jumped on that quickly. There are also some other strange things Canaan has done. He was gung-ho for PFiDC then PFiDC made one inconsequential post early in one day (I have to go back and get the evidence, I thought we weren't starting til Tuesday...) and Canaan, all of the sudden, says, "Oh, PFiDC is def. a villager. I'm convinced."

Why the sudden change?

I know Canaan says his "style" is playing all over the place like that, but...I'm not buying it. I was fairly convinced Canaan was innocent, and then some of these things started jumping out at me. Why would he get all super aggressive when Dagny brought up Letang's post-deletion, then consequently Dagny is eaten that same night.

When I went after crayz, earlier, I did as a way to learn something. I was pretty suspicious of crayz, but I was also fairly confident that, if I were wrong, we'd learn a good deal from that vote. It definitely flipped a lot of people I thought were innocent and guilty.

So, I'm going to throw my vote out because I am not sure when and how much I'll be on today. Let's get one.

salt canaan
My only question to this. Reading back to yesterday you wanted to hold off on Juice, but when I say it's possible that either way we go Juice dies, by bird if we don't salt him, I get called for having failed logic. However you simply state that we won't learn anything from a second salt.

If we salt someone else we learn something new.

If we salt Juice again, we learn nothing, yes?

So, when I said let's go after someone else, and then if we miss and go for the supposed "definite slug" juice, it's failed logic?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Well..then lets act like we learned something then....if we're going to go ahead and assume juice is a slug and the bird will rightly nom him tonight why aren't we fully examing his old votes, the people that voted for him?

Instead...either rightly or wrongly people are throwing names like letang and MWB out there w/out talking about these players in relation to juice or IE
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Malkamaniac wrote: My only question to this. Reading back to yesterday you wanted to hold off on Juice, but when I say it's possible that either way we go Juice dies, by bird if we don't salt him, I get called for having failed logic. However you simply state that we won't learn anything from a second salt.

If we salt someone else we learn something new.

So, when I said let's go after someone else, and then if we miss and go for the supposed "definite slug" juice, it's failed logic?
I did want to hold off, but something about Troy's post made me think it was a really good idea to shoot for it now. I still don't think we'd learn anything from a second juice salting, in fact, I said that again and again. In one way it makes no sense to go for him now, but in others it makes so much sense. If he's out, he doesn't have a chance at permeating this village with lies and deceit, and he is out of the slug PM loop. If he's in, we have a fall back vote. I thought that the Juice vote would be a great way to unite the village, but my thoughts failed me. I do think it's a bad idea for the vig to waste a night on juice, but that's just my opinion.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
Well..then lets act like we learned something then....if we're going to go ahead and assume juice is a slug and the bird will rightly nom him tonight why aren't we fully examing his old votes, the people that voted for him?

Instead...either rightly or wrongly people are throwing names like letang and MWB out there w/out talking about these players in relation to juice or IE

This is just thing though. There has been so much confusion added by all this switching.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

If he's out, he doesn't have a chance at permeating this village with lies and deceit, and he is out of the slug PM loop.
In Juice's defense he's said about two things since we found out he's protected. I would rather vote someone else at this point and then either the bird goes after him or attack someone else. Sure Juice could be helping the slugs, but were all at ends anyways, and I'm half tempted to see this go to the time limit again.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

lol @ "all this switching". The only one who really switched was me. Canaan->Juice->Letang->Canaan. No one else has. I even admitted that I should never have switched to Letang.

And, what does "today" have to do with Juice and IE's voting histories?

Anyway...

Juice voted for Zaro (he was the first on that train, and had been pushing it since day 4, after the initial days of bandwagon voting), Juice voted for Zaro during the Kicksave salting. Juice "reluctantly" switched from DanH to Crayz on the Crayz salting. He voted for PFiDC during his salting, after providing a list with DanH, myself, and PFiDC.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

IE voted for Zaro (after a switch from WF), Kicksave (after a switch from Canaan), and Cuervo on the Crayz salting.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

it's my take on the juice-IE thing that she was converted and went along with Juice's theory on salting quiet players, because she had previously never switched a vote, and targeted higher profile veteran players. in non salting votes, they seemed to be in agreement and talk about similar things as well.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

unsalt MWB

this getting too crazy for me at this point