*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

jaysmiter wrote:
As I said earlier...I wouldn't have a problem with it...I just don't think we learn anything from it. If the village can be unified enough to go with this vote, it would at least be good. It would give the vig someone else to target. And, we can just postpone a different vote until the next day. If this is what the village wants, I'm for it.
maybe that's why?

Loney hasn't provided much recently, yet he brings up the theory which I think isn't beneficial to the village, votes.....and you follow. Quite contradictory to say "if the village can be unified I'll do it" [which is in itself the logic that pinned IE as a slug to me] and then minutes later switch to a vote that hasn't been discussed much.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
If were basically asking the same thing to salt LITT, and he wants to take out Juice? Why not vote for LITT and then do the nom with Juice? Kinda awkward how some people are asking for the same thing but voting opposite.
we're giving the bird the option of whether or not to kill letang....but if we leave juice the bird will have to kill him....plus besides being a doofus and breaking the rules why are people so sure he's a slug?....i haven't seen anything but contorted reasoning or hunches.

If juice is a slug and we know it, we don't have to do anything, in essence. He can't do anything to us because he's not the Alpha, and they can't recruit anymore.
At this point all the slugs have the same value. The alpha has no more power than any of the other slugs since recruiting is done, correct?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

At this point all the slugs have the same value. The alpha has no more power than any of the other slugs since recruiting is done, correct?
Alpha can nom, but once dead they can't do anything, if I read it correctly. So the slugs, have no more importance as once we take the Alpha out, the bleeding stops.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Pipes Hochuli wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:
As I said earlier...I wouldn't have a problem with it...I just don't think we learn anything from it. If the village can be unified enough to go with this vote, it would at least be good. It would give the vig someone else to target. And, we can just postpone a different vote until the next day. If this is what the village wants, I'm for it.
maybe that's why?

Loney hasn't provided much recently, yet he brings up the theory which I think isn't beneficial to the village, votes.....and you follow. Quite contradictory to say "if the village can be unified I'll do it" [which is in itself the logic that pinned IE as a slug to me] and then minutes later switch to a vote that hasn't been discussed much.
Sorry. Guess I was trying to be the one that led this shot at village unification. Loney didn't really provide a theory, either. He essentially said what I said, earlier in this round. Yeah, we might not learn anything from a juice salting...but it gets that number from 6 to 5. It's a rallying point. I seriously don't understand why this is such a difficult process? We already voted for him once and pretty much guaranteed that he was a slug! Why is there so much hesitation this go around?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

My concern with leaving Juice as the walking dead is that he is too good and is a huge asset to the slugs. At the same time if we vote now and he gets pardoned again we waste another day and the bird still has to nom.

I'm not sold on the other votes at this point so I am standing pat.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Alpha can nom, but once dead they can't do anything, if I read it correctly. So the slugs, have no more importance as once we take the Alpha out, the bleeding stops.
Is that true? Once the alpha is gone the slugs can't get anymore villagers?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Pipes Hochuli wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:
maybe that's why?

I'm not sure how it's beneficial for the bird to just follow the will of the village....especially when 6 of the villagers are slugs...and for all we know they are the most vocal ones speaking for the village....there are still plenty of bystanders right now.

I'm proposing to kill a likely slug, that we already tried to salt...yeah we lost a chance to kill him and that sucks...but then we got that cycle back....lets just get the slug number down to 5 here and not hope that we're lucky on LITT.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

the wicked child wrote:My concern with leaving Juice as the walking dead is that he is too good and is a huge asset to the slugs. At the same time if we vote now and he gets pardoned again we waste another day and the bird still has to nom.

I'm not sold on the other votes at this point so I am standing pat.
I honestly don't think the slugs and mayor would use up both of the pardons on the same guy in consecutive days. It's too risky when something like that could come in handy down the road. And, if he does get protected again, for some reason, then the bird gets him if he wants. Or we just get him again tomorrow. I just think it's stupid to make the bird waste a nom on Juice.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

how is he an asset? no one will trust him if he votes or provides a theory. he may be able to give advice. but his influence is probably greater at this point in the game.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

of course the slugs can still kill if the alpha is dead.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

MWB wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
I don't think so. The only thing they can't do when the alpha is gone is recruit, which they can't do anymore anyway because they hit max.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Pipes Hochuli wrote:how is he an asset? no one will trust him if he votes or provides a theory. he may be able to give advice. but his influence is probably greater at this point in the game.
It takes away his ability to PM strats to the other slugs. That's how he is an asset to the slugs.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
of course the slugs can still kill if the alpha is dead.
ohhhhhh misunderstanding by my part. I thought once the Alpha was dead the cant kill anymore either. I apologize. Then they are all one in the same then.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

well, the votes needed to salt are 11 fwiw.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'm still sticking with the vote because it's essentially the same, I'll switch if it get's close, but it looks either way, if the bird goes after Juice, he dies by vote or by nom.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Malkamaniac wrote:I'm still sticking with the vote because it's essentially the same, I'll switch if it get's close, but it looks either way, if the bird goes after Juice, he dies by vote or by nom.
IN NO WAY IS IT THE SAME! Why is this so hard to realize?

We are GUESSING on Letang. On a person that most of the people aren't even sure about. We are 99% sure Juice is a slug.

I can't believe the slugs are honestly getting away with this...unreal.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

jaysmiter wrote:
MWB wrote:
I don't think so. The only thing they can't do when the alpha is gone is recruit, which they can't do anymore anyway because they hit max.
That's what I thought.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

This village is in worse shape than I thought if we can't even be unified on a sure thing.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

salt juice

It makes the most sense to eliminate the one who is most likely a slug first. Let the vig take a chance on someone else. If he's wrong, fine, nothing really lost. If he's right then we've got two in a row.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

So we can potentially pawn off our mistake to the bird should LITT be a villager? I might be able to go for that.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

I kind of feel like we may be on to something with LITT and now by bringing up "its the obvi choice" route, LITT's name has some more question behind it, and puts a lot of pressure on the bird.

why wasn't the salt juice campaign around earlier?
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Alright...fine. Whatever.

Let the bird do whatever. Personally, I don't think Letang is a slug, but if he is great. If not, we're still just slug pawns. Yay.

unsalt juice
salt letang

This is stupid.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Pipes Hochuli wrote:I kind of feel like we may be on to something with LITT and now by bringing up "its the obvi choice" route, LITT's name has some more question behind it, and puts a lot of pressure on the bird.

why wasn't the salt juice campaign around earlier?
i only check for writeups at home...i save thinking about the game till i get to work.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

jaysmiter wrote:Alright...fine. Whatever.

Let the bird do whatever. Personally, I don't think Letang is a slug, but if he is great. If not, we're still just slug pawns. Yay.

unsalt juice
salt letang

This is stupid.
If you think its stupid, why go along?
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Honestly, I just want the village to do SOMETHING unified. We're being picked apart and preyed upon right now because we can't even agree on something as simple as salting someone we are all pretty convinced is a slug. Unless I'm wrong in thinking everyone is convinced Juice is a slug. Then that's my fault.