Post by dagny »

Time limit begins 9am EST.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by npv708 »

dagny wrote:Time limit begins 9am EST.
I'm surprised. Not that it matter since I'm home all day, I thought this thread was on lock down till tuesday with the Holiday.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

im still on the MWB boxcar. horray unlock.

Besides -- I will be sleeping my face off until like.. noon.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Code: Select all

MWB     -  1  -  (SENKA!)
Pipes   -  1  -  (SolidSnake)
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'll be on randomly today, ton of picnic stuff planned blech
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Okay. Unexpected...

I have some suspicions, but I'm not going to lay them all out just yet and give the slugs a chance to counter.

I can't see any scenario where Juice and the mayor are not slugs at this point (talk about luck - nailing the gardener early and converting the mayor?). If he is a villager, there is no reason at all to leave him around. He is too dangerous to leave as a villager. Nothing is really gained by pardoning him because it would extend the game - something the slugs shouldn't want.

I wonder though... I am not 100% convinced he was not a first convert or the alpha. Very clever strategy if he did the "random generation" thing on the first day which everyone followed. If he were a slug, there would be a 100% chance of us lynching a villager by doing that... quite brilliant if it is the case.

I don't have a feeling one way or the other about MWB and Pipes at this point. But one person is sticking out to me the more I think about it.

salt jweinand

IMO, he is playing very similar to the way Senka did after he was converted last game. Disappears for long stretches of time then pops back in like "tee hee I'm teh drunk, can't believe I'm still here".

Also have to say that at this point there is *NO* reason for the angel to stay hidden. The slugs know who you are, so you might as well let *US* know who you are... if only to make sure we don't accidentally start a bandwagon lynch.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Also, to the mayor point... there was no reason to pardon Juice if it were a villager. Juice got 2 or 3 votes the previous day, hardly an indication of impending doom. In retrospect, I should have considered the pardon possibility when people started jumping on the Juice bandwagon, but it is not all bad; especially since no one got eaten last night. It may offer us some clues down the road when figuring out who the other sluggos are. A couple people were real hesitant to vote for him. Whether they are apprehensive villagers or slugs unwilling to dump the shaker I am undecided at this point.

Point is we are stockpiling potential evidence for later on, which is a good thing... even if it was frustrating at the time.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

anyone else get a weird feeling about errey?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Dan H wrote: Can anyone present a plausible scenario in which Juice isn't a slug? The obvious probable conclusion from yesterday's events is that both Juice and the mayor are bad guys. I just don't see a situation in which neither of them is a slug, and the mayor was sure enough about Juice that he spent a protection. It also doesn't make a lot of sense, if Juice were a villager, for a slug mayor to protect him to sow confusion.
I agree that it is likely that Juice and mayor are slugs. However, there is the possibility that the mayor is not, and protected Juice because he really thinks that he is not a slug also. In rereading the info about the mayor it says that the mayor can pm protection every night, but it is only used if need be. So the mayor, if not a slug, may throw protect the person that he deems "least slug-like" each night. That is the only scenario I can see where they would both be villagers.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

MWB wrote:
Dan H wrote: Can anyone present a plausible scenario in which Juice isn't a slug? The obvious probable conclusion from yesterday's events is that both Juice and the mayor are bad guys. I just don't see a situation in which neither of them is a slug, and the mayor was sure enough about Juice that he spent a protection. It also doesn't make a lot of sense, if Juice were a villager, for a slug mayor to protect him to sow confusion.
I agree that it is likely that Juice and mayor are slugs. However, there is the possibility that the mayor is not, and protected Juice because he really thinks that he is not a slug also. In rereading the info about the mayor it says that the mayor can pm protection every night, but it is only used if need be. So the mayor, if not a slug, may throw protect the person that he deems "least slug-like" each night. That is the only scenario I can see where they would both be villagers.
Im like 90% sure MWB is a slug. :pop: and juice is too, cause they wouldnt have wasted a night goofing around when they had such a handle on the game. The mayor's pardon can be used for saltings, but if the bird can nom him, juice is gone. I think he gets a NOM tonight too! but I still say salt mwb, and i hope you guys jump on my wagon this day. Hey i was right about IE and no one helped me salt her. maybe itll be diff this time 8-) :thumb:
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

question to bhaw/corv -- Does the major HAVE to pardon someone every night? or can they just decide not to...
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:
either way the mayor is not helping and we should probably kill him

salt jwienand

i'm getting real curious about the under the radar players as well.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Im like 90% sure MWB is a slug. and juice is too, cause they wouldnt have wasted a night goofing around when they had such a handle on the game. The mayor's pardon can be used for saltings, but if the bird can nom him, juice is gone. I think he gets a NOM tonight too! but I still say salt mwb, and i hope you guys jump on my wagon this day. Hey i was right about IE and no one helped me salt her. maybe itll be diff this time
i agree with everything you've said....not sure about mwb at this point though...but i feel real confident about several people that are definitely slugs (there are 6 of them right now)....that we can try and off the like side cars of the head honcho slugs....then come bak to the main ones later on
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

the identity question of the sexta has been discussed before, but now, since the slugs know....shouldn't we as a village know as well? that may erase some confusion, although i'm i have the feeling the sexta is someone that i havent been very suspicious of.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

lynch LITT

i got homework to do, but should be off and on today. I was always a bit suspicious of LITT and right now I'm really confused. If anyone has some good logic to post, I'll be sure to read it.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

:face:
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Pipes Hochuli wrote:the identity question of the sexta has been discussed before, but now, since the slugs know....shouldn't we as a village know as well? that may erase some confusion, although i'm i have the feeling the sexta is someone that i havent been very suspicious of.
I wouldn't get too hasty, Pipes...chances are the slugs do know who the angel is, but...there's that slim chance that the angel did something crazy and protected someone else.

So, it's really up to the angel if he wants to reveal himself (she/herself).

I think we need to look really hard at the attempted Juice salting. Really, there is one slim situation where he ISN'T a slug, but there's no point going after him right now. We know it's there, let's go for someone else. If the vig wants to take him out tonight, that's his call, but as for now we can probably just leave it alone. Unless we just wanted to get that vote out of the way and take him out now. Whatever works. We're not going to learn anything from a second salting, however.

But, who were the cavaliers in that Juice salting? I was one, yes. I had reasons to back it up. I think we really need to look hard at Canaan. He jumped on that quickly. There are also some other strange things Canaan has done. He was gung-ho for PFiDC then PFiDC made one inconsequential post early in one day (I have to go back and get the evidence, I thought we weren't starting til Tuesday...) and Canaan, all of the sudden, says, "Oh, PFiDC is def. a villager. I'm convinced."

Why the sudden change?

I know Canaan says his "style" is playing all over the place like that, but...I'm not buying it. I was fairly convinced Canaan was innocent, and then some of these things started jumping out at me. Why would he get all super aggressive when Dagny brought up Letang's post-deletion, then consequently Dagny is eaten that same night.

When I went after crayz, earlier, I did as a way to learn something. I was pretty suspicious of crayz, but I was also fairly confident that, if I were wrong, we'd learn a good deal from that vote. It definitely flipped a lot of people I thought were innocent and guilty.

So, I'm going to throw my vote out because I am not sure when and how much I'll be on today. Let's get one.

salt canaan
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Alright, I just went back and read about 20 pages up through the latest salting attempt on Juice.

I noticed two people who stuck out with regards to posting and salting/unsalting votes. One person continually defended Juice as to why they shouldn't be lynched, which means one of two things to me; either they knew Juice is a slug and were trying to lead us away, or they honestly didn't know. I just don't get how someone could be so sure someone is not a slug at any point in this game.

The second person I noticed was one of the first on the bandwagon to lynch juice, then as it got up around 8, immediately jumped off and changed their vote. The only thing that throws me off about this, is if this person was a slug, then they should've known that Juice was protected by the Mayor, or that they didn't know the mayor protected Juice and that would make sense.

Since I believe that the first one I described seems more like a slug to me, I'm going with that.

salt pipes
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Additionally, pipes is asking for the Sexta to out themselves. The Sexta should only out themselves when they have no choice left but to. Very suspicious to me.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

npv708 wrote:Additionally, pipes is asking for the Sexta to out themselves. The Sexta should only out themselves when they have no choice left but to. Very suspicious to me.
same with juice. Did we find out what Juice was, or are we leaving him alone?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Senka wrote:question to bhaw/corv -- Does the major HAVE to pardon someone every night? or can they just decide not to...
No. The mayor has the option to not pardon anyone and cannot pardon himself.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

dagny wrote:Time limit begins 9am EST.
I thought the time limit started tomorrow being today is a holiday?

I will consult with Corvidae on this because there are likely a lot of people not here.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Malkamaniac wrote:
npv708 wrote:Additionally, pipes is asking for the Sexta to out themselves. The Sexta should only out themselves when they have no choice left but to. Very suspicious to me.
same with juice. Did we find out what Juice was, or are we leaving him alone?
I'm almost 100% sure Juice has to be something. If juice isn't, the mayor wouldn't have protected him, which also means that the Mayor is a presumed slug. The reason I'm straying away from a Juice vote is that a pardon could easily waste another night, while a certain flying creature could help us overnight, so we should really head towards another. In this case, since Juice and Pipes both seem to want similar things, and for the reasons I expressed above, Pipes is extremely suspicious.

So in summation:

Juice = slug
Mayor = slug
Pipes = definitely a possible slug.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

lynch Juice

i'm calling the mayor's bluff