*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by Malkamaniac »

canaan wrote:
Pipes Hochuli wrote:the juice vote just took off a bit too quickly for my liking last night...
do you think it was something that came out of nowhere. im sick of this village p-footing around suspected people, overthinking, and then changing to some non-descript villager. i can only imagine how many slugs we would've had by now if we just committed. its funny how the idea of a bandwagon has done a complete 180 from earlier games. now its looked at as a sign of sluggism where before it was a stupid villagerism.

/rant

and im thinking through typing.

While I suspect you, we share the same adamant feelings about this. I have o idea when doing a bandwagon, became a slug but it's pointless. Everyone looks into things way to much and draws things out further than it really has to be. In the words of the band Suicide Silence

"Pull the trigger *****"
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

JoseCuervo wrote:I really don't think juice is a slug.... he has been garnering salt attention since the 3rd round. He'd make a bad convert. We've all been using this "he's so good for them not to recruit" strategy. They could just as easily use this to their advantage by not recruiting him. They know that we would salt him in the end. No need for him to get eated and buying themselves an extra day. I still like my WF vote.

Look how long this has dragged out though. The Slugs could of used this strategy to recruit him, KNOWING that he's expendable because we argue about it every round we get. Just do it and end it.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I am highly suspicious of JC. Every time a vote starts going toward Juice he is calling people slugs or presenting some reason why we shouldn't vote for him. I'm not changing my vote, and I know where I am going next.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Troy Loney wrote:
canaan wrote:
Pipes Hochuli wrote:the juice vote just took off a bit too quickly for my liking last night...
do you think it was something that came out of nowhere. im sick of this village p-footing around suspected people, overthinking, and then changing to some non-descript villager. i can only imagine how many slugs we would've had by now if we just committed. its funny how the idea of a bandwagon has done a complete 180 from earlier games. now its looked at as a sign of sluggism where before it was a stupid villagerism.

/rant

and im thinking through typing.
Like how people were so adamant about salting crayz when Senka was arguing for IE....

salt juiceagain....i just think this so much more logical than salting some nondescript player like wallflower or a noob like LITT (clueless noob at that)
she's been very descript at still managing to get votes off while barely discussing
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

JoseCuervo wrote:I really don't think juice is a slug.... he has been garnering salt attention since the 3rd round. He'd make a bad convert. We've all been using this "he's so good for them not to recruit" strategy. They could just as easily use this to their advantage by not recruiting him. They know that we would salt him in the end. No need for him to get eated and buying themselves an extra day. I still like my WF vote.
thats a very good point. why would the slugs recruit someone they know we would target because of his experience
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thats a very good point. why would the slugs recruit someone they know we would target because of his experience
because he's expendable and the village obviously argues about him constantly knowing that he won't get salted.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

the wicked child wrote:I am highly suspicious of JC. Every time a vote starts going toward Juice he is calling people slugs or presenting some reason why we shouldn't vote for him. I'm not changing my vote, and I know where I am going next.
You will be going to the great :face:
I'm defending Juice because I don't think he's a slug. Some crazy bandwagon just took off last night with a bunch of drunk people. :scared: :scared: :scared:
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Malkamaniac wrote:
because he's expendable and the village obviously argues about him constantly knowing that he won't get salted.
except we probably would salt him because everyone believe that "he has to be a slug because of his experience"
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

JoseCuervo wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
except we probably would salt him because everyone believe that "he has to be a slug because of his experience"
hes lasted pretty far for him being a salt definite, imo.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:
plus 4 or 5 days of having juice on board and developing strategy is better than worrying about him as a villager finding out all of the slugs....the fact that juice hasn't found us ONE slug yet is reason enough for me....and plus they can be playing the "he's to obvious to recruit game" the whole time...
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

hes lasted pretty far for him being a salt definite, imo.
well, either way, I won't be changing votes and back peddling.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

If you guys really think so, go for it. I can't stop you.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

plus 4 or 5 days of having juice on board and developing strategy is better than worrying about him as a villager finding out all of the slugs....the fact that juice hasn't found us ONE slug yet is reason enough for me....and plus they can be playing the "he's to obvious to recruit game" the whole time...
I'd take Jooce, to be a slug for one round just to get any kind of info from him.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Except we haven't salted him because you and some other people keep saying things like this!!!

and now he's probably been a slug for like 3-4 day....
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

JoseCuervo wrote:If you guys really think so, go for it. I can't stop you.

Actually you can. If you and the three "other" people so adamant about keeping him in the game don't vote we go 12 hours.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Malkamaniac wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:If you guys really think so, go for it. I can't stop you.

Actually you can. If you and the three "other" people so adamant about keeping him in the game don't vote we go 12 hours.
Then he'll be dead in 12 hours. Have fun. I feel confident in my vote.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

JoseCuervo wrote:
the wicked child wrote:I am highly suspicious of JC. Every time a vote starts going toward Juice he is calling people slugs or presenting some reason why we shouldn't vote for him. I'm not changing my vote, and I know where I am going next.
I'm defending Juice because I don't think he's a slug. Some crazy bandwagon just took off last night with a bunch of drunk people. :scared: :scared: :scared:
I was completely sober, and would have made that vote had 0 or 10 already done so. The fact that you immediately accused me of being a slug when I made the vote yesterday sold me on it.

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong but I'm not going to be bullied out of my pick by McCarthyism. :lol:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I think the word slug is used to much.

If you don't vote for so and so, your a slug!

If you bandwagon your a slug!

If you say one random thing that someone doesn't like your a slug!
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Troy Loney wrote:

Code: Select all

8 -  Juice                  - (Canaan, DanH, jays, wickedchild, wallflower, errey, troy, malk)
1 -  LetangistheTruth  - ( PFiDC )
1 -  npv                   - (SolidSnake)
3 - Wallflower           - (JoseCuervo, Senka, mac)
1 - PFIDC                 -(Juice)
2 - DanH                  - (LITT, Pipes)
I think??
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

the wicked child wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:
I was completely sober, and would have made that vote had 0 or 10 already done so. The fact that you immediately accused me of being a slug when I made the vote yesterday sold me on it.

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong but I'm not going to be bullied out of my pick by McCarthyism. :lol:
I didn't accuse you. I said WF was one. And if she turned out to be one, then I'd go after you.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Malkamaniac wrote:I think the word slug is used to much.

sounds like "you're" a slug
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I looked back at the crayz vote and noticed something. IE wasn't alone in her original vote against JC, which makes me suspicious of that person, who just happens to be someone I've been suspicious of all along. If the slugs didn't convert at least two of JC, PFIDC, Juice, Senka, MWB, they would be a little weak in terms of strategery. PFIDC knows what he's doing and I'm hoping I do too now...

salt PFIDC
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Aren't we supposed to find some way to base our vote? If we're not going to look at voting patterns and what people say, what are we supposed to do?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

JoseCuervo wrote:

sounds like "you're" a slug

sure thing, I made a mistake.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:

Aren't we supposed to find some way to base our vote? If we're not going to look at voting patterns and what people say, what are we supposed to do?
intuition...you noob!!!