*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by jaysmiter »

Oh, just so everyone knows, I'll be at work tomorrow from roughly 7am - 3 or 4 (hopefully earlier if I'm lucky), so I won't be anywhere near as active tomorrow as I have been.
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by the errey i breathe »

off tomorrow...watching college football and drinking Saranac's Pumpkin Ale. Good Night thus far. I'll get back to everyone with my thoughts on the beer as i'm only on number one and it's too early to tell how i feel about it.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

dagny wrote:
canaan wrote:are we really to trust you to come out and say "oh hey, so and so deleted a post..
Emphatically, yes.

The mod comes first, the mod must be impartial, which is also why the mod consulted a game mod about said event.

It just happens that the one person who deleted a post, also happens to be the one I'm suspicious of. I would have carried out the same actions no matter who, or how many, there were, regardless of my role in this game.

The game mods have had enough of people taking liberties with the rules. bhaw gave me the green light. Call it a consequence for breaking the rules.

If there were anyone else I would list them too, but he is the only one.

I solemnly swear on Jagr.
what are the repercussions for you for talking int he chat. maybe they were observations. maybe my deleted post was an observation. i dont know what else happens in the chat. i take your word for it. take my word for this. i understand this is nit-picky but if everyone is making a stink about this what about that. rules are rules right? im trying to process this information.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
dagny wrote:
canaan wrote:are we really to trust you to come out and say "oh hey, so and so deleted a post..
Emphatically, yes.

The mod comes first, the mod must be impartial, which is also why the mod consulted a game mod about said event.

It just happens that the one person who deleted a post, also happens to be the one I'm suspicious of. I would have carried out the same actions no matter who, or how many, there were, regardless of my role in this game.

The game mods have had enough of people taking liberties with the rules. bhaw gave me the green light. Call it a consequence for breaking the rules.

what are the repercussions for you for talking int he chat. maybe they were observations. maybe my deleted post was an observation. i dont know what else happens in the chat. i take your word for it. take my word for this. i understand this is nit-picky but if everyone is making a stink about this what about that. rules are rules right? im trying to process this information.
Everyone knows who spoke in the chat just like everyone now knows you deleted a post. If you want, I will post a list of players I have ever noticed in the chat and you can determine for yourself what was discussed.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

correction: everyone knows who is in the chat...
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

good things its nighttime or else this would be so distracting
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

same could be said for my grammar.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

The following players have been in the chat at some point during the game. There are the only ones I've noticed. You can decide what was said for yourself or if they even discussed the game:

canaan
Dan H
dagny
Juice
jaysmiter
JoseCuervo
jwienand
mac5155
Malkamaniac
PensFanInDC
the errey i breathe
Troy Loney
wallflower

I may be missing people but hopefully this satisfies the people upset right now. Maybe we should also list who has each other's phone numbers because they may be texting. Also, who has each other on facebook?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

bhaw wrote:
I have seen at least 10 edited posts in this thread (and I'm not following much unless it's to check on votes) that no one asked me or Corvidae about. it's probably meaningless editing but just stop and it's not an issue.

The rules to this game aren't many or hard and people are given a lot of leeway. But everyone started taking advantage and doing what they pleased. It's all your own faults for not listening the first time.
what does editing have to do with deleting? there was/is no rule against deleting.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

i understand that you can view who is in the chat but if i enter it now i cant view what was said 5 days ago. im not trying to be a **** about this but it just seems to me, and others as well, that my deleted post was whipped out because dagny is suspicious of me. i may have missed a mention of it earlier, and lets be honest easy to do with 83 pags of info, but why was this just mentioned now. im just trying to bring some equity into this. and technically there is nothing in the rules that says do not delete posts it only mentions editing. and i apologize for making this an issue for you bhaw and corvi, i did not mean for it to escalate like this.

-------------------------------
Mod edit: Family board.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Troy Loney I'm iffy on because I get him and TW confused.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

bhaw wrote:Troy Loney I'm iffy on because I get him and TW confused.

iffy about what?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

dagny wrote:
canaan wrote:
Emphatically, yes.

we pm'ed in the chat and swore that neither of us were slugs.

when were you going to tell the village?

just saying. its easy to say that you would emphatically say one thing, but when the situation arose, that didnt happen. im just as guilty as you, but its the principle of it.

i have no confidence that you would give that information if it didnt benefit you in some way.

that is all.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:so i went back and looked and i dont "REMEMBER" what i put there and i deleted. i understand that i broke the rules, and i wonder when you noticed this? did you see it right when it happened or did you go back and look after everything has transpired. and deleting a post is against the rules and so is talking in the chat and it has been shown several times that discussion has been going on in the chat with direct quote but are we to believe that that is the only isolated incident? i doubt it, but we have to take your word on it. just like you have to take my word that it was nothing incriminating that I wrote.

thats all i have to say about that.
If those that have played with me, thus far, are to refer to my consistent track record, throughout every game I've played, my word when it comes to this subject has always been good.

Regardless, of my role in the game, the mod must be impartial.

You guys are playing right into the slugs hands by getting all stirred up about this. It's a bit of information you would not have been privy to, otherwise. A game mod encouraged it's posting. Take it and make of it what you will.

You ask when I noticed. I noticed the other day that there was a post deletion, but didn't think much more than, oooh shame on him. I didn't even remember who it was. Today, when I went to lock the posts because the game mods are sick of people editing, I remembered that I could also see who deleted posts, so I went to check again, so I could let the game mods know for the upcoming pow wow if people don't stop editing.

Turns out, it was only your name. Then I went to bhaw, and the rest has been told.

Could it be a terrible coincidence for you? Certainly, but I won't allow you to impugn my character as a mod.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:i understand that you can view who is in the chat but if i enter it now i cant view what was said 5 days ago. im not trying to be a cock about this but it just seems to me, and others as well, that my deleted post was whipped out because dagny is suspicious of me. i may have missed a mention of it earlier, and lets be honest easy to do with 83 pags of info, but why was this just mentioned now. im just trying to bring some equity into this. and technically there is nothing in the rules that says do not delete posts it only mentions editing. and i apologize for making this an issue for you bhaw and corvi, i did not mean for it to escalate like this.
People bring up the chat ALL THE TIME when it comes to making a argument. There is no mention of what was said in your post much like there is no mention about what is said in chat usually.

Editing/Deleting... there's no distinction. Deleting is editing.

The only reason this came up is because your fellow villagers can't stop editing their posts. dagny should not be the target of your anger. It should be the rest of them that made us get dagny involved.

And to be honest, it's not like she's throwing a concrete theory out there. Saying that you had a deleted post is about as valid as saying someone was online when the write up was posted.

But I'm going to stop now before I start throwing anything out there to affect the game.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

shh.. its night time :pop:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Troy Loney wrote:

iffy about what?
being in the chat. sorry.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

dagny wrote: If there were anyone else I would list them too, but he is the only one.
For the purposes of this game, you really shouldn't have access to this info though. It's supposed to be a level field. So even if you happen to see something, I think it would be best to just ignore it instead of use it to further the game along.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

bhaw wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

iffy about what?
being in the chat. sorry.
i think i went in there once for a second...and i didnt say anything
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

:scared:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
dagny wrote:
Emphatically, yes.

Please refer to bhaw's numerous posts regarding the chat. kthxbai. :P
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

The village is about to get a-bombed and everyone dies.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Get us a write-up and things will move along...
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

bhaw wrote:The village is about to get a-bombed and everyone dies.
poor bhaw cant make it a week as a mod :lol:
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I am not trying to slight your character at all. I think that you and Admin and pfim and now *** do a great job of monitoring everything here. heavens knows with us loony toons here it must be hard. but you are asking us to process information and i am trying to process and i see a disconnect here. im sorry that this became an issue but if i am going to be attacked as a rule breaker, others breaking the rules shouldn't be going to boomtown on me. if you felt like i was questioning your character as a mod, i never meant for that to occur.