*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

so i went back and looked and i dont "REMEMBER" what i put there and i deleted. i understand that i broke the rules, and i wonder when you noticed this? did you see it right when it happened or did you go back and look after everything has transpired. and deleting a post is against the rules and so is talking in the chat and it has been shown several times that discussion has been going on in the chat with direct quote but are we to believe that that is the only isolated incident? i doubt it, but we have to take your word on it. just like you have to take my word that it was nothing incriminating that I wrote.

thats all i have to say about that.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

where in the rules does it say that you can't delete a post? i guess i missed it.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

canaan wrote:i dont even care about the game at this point and my post had nothing to do with the this current game. the post deletion is just a silly thing that has become an issue. it doesnt give anyone an advantage for that person to delete their post. none whatsoever. its a completely different animal than editing. editing changes a statement/position that a player had made. a deletion is right at the time of the post and wont effect the outcome of a later round of the game as the other players wouldn't be privy to the information contained in that post--unless another player had read it which would hurt that player (but its their fault for posting something without thinking it through and taking that risk).

calling a player out for it is just wrong. if you weren't a mod, then this whole thing wouldnt have even come up. it ruins the integrity of the game because how do we know that you aren't a slug and you or one of your slugs deleted a post--are we really to trust you to come out and say "oh hey, so and so deleted a post...teehee".

i digress.
Yeah, I guess there is that issue...when you put it that way, it does seem rather unfair...
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

canaan wrote:where in the rules does it say that you can't delete a post? i guess i missed it.
It was deleted.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

MWB wrote:
canaan wrote:where in the rules does it say that you can't delete a post? i guess i missed it.
It was deleted.
i just LOL'd
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

mac5155 wrote:
MWB wrote:
It was deleted.
i just LOL'd
that was quite silly :thumb:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

jaysmiter wrote:
canaan wrote:i dont even care about the game at this point and my post had nothing to do with the this current game. the post deletion is just a silly thing that has become an issue. it doesnt give anyone an advantage for that person to delete their post. none whatsoever. its a completely different animal than editing. editing changes a statement/position that a player had made. a deletion is right at the time of the post and wont effect the outcome of a later round of the game as the other players wouldn't be privy to the information contained in that post--unless another player had read it which would hurt that player (but its their fault for posting something without thinking it through and taking that risk).

calling a player out for it is just wrong. if you weren't a mod, then this whole thing wouldnt have even come up. it ruins the integrity of the game because how do we know that you aren't a slug and you or one of your slugs deleted a post--are we really to trust you to come out and say "oh hey, so and so deleted a post...teehee".

i digress.
Yeah, I guess there is that issue...when you put it that way, it does seem rather unfair...
i have to agree with these guys..
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Deleting is kind of like editing in a sense that once you post something you're not suppose to change it. I'm not going to make a huge issue out of it but I'd prefer if people didn't do it from this point on.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

mac5155 wrote:
MWB wrote:
It was deleted.
i just LOL'd
ps my spidey sense is tingling: woot off tomorrow
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
MWB wrote:
It was deleted.
i just LOL'd
ps my spidey sense is tingling: woot off tomorrow
i've been staying up later so i check every night before i go to bed.. LOL.. it usually changes ~ 1AM
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

this was brought up earlier too, right, so it even more so shouldn't be all that big of a deal.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

lol i just feel it tomorrow. i dunno its n the stars. full moon tonight. it must be.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

MWB wrote:It's really not fair that dagny saw something we didn't.
Which is why I shared it with everyone, after clearing it with a game mod.

Why is this so hard for some of you to process?
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Oh, and, again, there would have been nothing for me to see if the rule wasn't broken.

Process information.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

dagny wrote:

It was a joke...
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

MWB wrote:
dagny wrote:

It was a joke...
Can't you people READ?! :face:
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

tensions are high, we need a slug and we need one now.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

dagny wrote:Oh, and, again, there would have been nothing for me to see if the rule wasn't broken.

Process information.
why was there slug talk in the chat?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

dagny wrote:Oh, and, again, there would have been nothing for me to see if the rule wasn't broken.

Process information.
go make a fantasy pick.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

MWB wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:
The game moderator can't see anything like that. Dagny saw that a post was deleted...not what the post said, not what the post did...just that Letang deleted a post. It could have been nothing, or it could have been major. We don't know that. We just know something was deleted now. I, for one, approve of this and so do the game mods. I don't get why people are all up in arms about this.

Seriously, it would be like getting caught PMing someone about the game.
I was kidding... seeing if I could get dagny to yell about people reading one more time.
:shock: I've been Punk'd! :scared:

:lol: :thumb:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

i digress.
This wouldn't have even come up if the freaking village could follow the black and white rule of not editing. The only reason dagny has to dig into this thread is because she needs to lock posts so people stop editing. Seriously, what's so hard to understand about DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS!

I have seen at least 10 edited posts in this thread (and I'm not following much unless it's to check on votes) that no one asked me or Corvidae about. it's probably meaningless editing but just stop and it's not an issue.

The rules to this game aren't many or hard and people are given a lot of leeway. But everyone started taking advantage and doing what they pleased. It's all your own faults for not listening the first time.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Idoit40fans wrote:

Process information.
go make a fantasy pick.
thanks for the heads up :)
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Process information.
as I said... in the chat, the only "slug talk" has been game observations. I have not seen anything affecting the game. I would prefer it not to be there at all but it's impossible to stop people from commenting on it.

canaan and Juice work together. We can't monitor their work interactions. Azkar and Senka live together (azkar usually plays). We can't control what they talk about.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

:face: My head hurts. This village is self-destructing.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

canaan wrote:are we really to trust you to come out and say "oh hey, so and so deleted a post..
Emphatically, yes.

The mod comes first, the mod must be impartial, which is also why the mod consulted a game mod about said event.

It just happens that the one person who deleted a post, also happens to be the one I'm suspicious of. I would have carried out the same actions no matter who, or how many, there were, regardless of my role in this game.

The game mods have had enough of people taking liberties with the rules. bhaw gave me the green light. Call it a consequence for breaking the rules.

If there were anyone else I would list them too, but he is the only one.

I solemnly swear on Jagr.