*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by jaysmiter »

Note...I have not tried to start one vote, other than this crayz vote. I went with the flow of the village for the other times...this time I decided to try and set the flow, yet, Dagny, you are saying "we've gotta do something different, blah blah blah" trying to direct people to Letang to "do something different." I did something different by providing a thoughtful prosecution of crayz.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

whats the vote tally? im getting a headache.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

this is so pointless. we are pointing fingers based on nothing, and to be honest we are far enough along in this tenure to not make mistakes. its so hard to unite a village (Which is good for us, not helping wolves bandwagon, but hard to get anything productive done)
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

crayz wrote:so...I was happy with my Canaan, JC, & npv stance...however, dagny has changed my mind.

unsalt canaan
salt pfidc

Here's my thought on this...

PFIDC is not alpha, nor was he an early slug. He made a guarantee that he is not and would wear a Hartnell jersey.

Alpha sees this...is intrigued, and then makes PFIDC a lil slug. It puts PFIDC in a very awkward position.

Notice he won't make that same promise...he will still live up to it, but only because when he promised it he was not lying. I'm still confident that at least 2/3 are canaan, jc, & npv.....but even more confident that PFIDC is a lil slug.

Let's get together and do this right. If i'm wrong and you guys want to salt me, i'll join in and self salt.
First off I gave reasons for not saying it again. I was asked not to. So here it goes...

"IF I AM A SLUG AS OF TODAY 9/3/2009 I WILL WEAR A HARTNELL JERSEY FOR THE ENTIRE 2009-2010 SEASON"

Happy?

Also, if you are a villager and I get salted and they follow through with salting you, thats 2 more villagers down...not good
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

jaysmiter wrote:Dagny,

You pretty much just listed everyone. What help does that give, seriously?
Don't you guys know how to compare and contrast? Try to deduce? Look for patterns. Take the lists, whittle them down, try to find a consensus? Or did the slugs eliminate all those people? How ever many heads we have are better than one. I was hoping for this process collectively. I can't do it on my own, so I presented what I've come up with to the garden, in hopes we could try to unite.

The clues are there. We're just not seeing them cuz we're too busy battling each other.

That's why I'm trying for something different.

Why is everyone so hell bent on salting people we've gone round and round about, in which the slugs have had as much input as they want and much time to influence?

If we're gonna do something different, take a chance, we'd best do it now, while we still have some numbers. See what happens. Go from there.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Just all the more reason why I think we should go after crayz.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

PensFanInDC wrote:"IF I AM A SLUG AS OF TODAY 9/3/2009 I WILL WEAR A HARTNELL JERSEY FOR THE ENTIRE 2009-2010 SEASON"
I have pretty much left this one alone up to this point, but if you are in fact a slug, this is a derrty derrty move. :lol:
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

dagny wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:Dagny,

You pretty much just listed everyone. What help does that give, seriously?
Don't you guys know how to compare and contrast? Try to deduce? Look for patterns. Take the lists, whittle them down, try to find a consensus? Or did the slugs eliminate all those people? How ever many heads we have are better than one. I was hoping for this process collectively. I can't do it on my own, so I presented what I've come up with to the garden, in hopes we could try to unite.

The clues are there. We're just not seeing them cuz we're too busy battling each other.

That's why I'm trying for something different.

Why is everyone so hell bent on salting people we've gone round and round about, in which the slugs have had as much input as they want and much time to influence?

If we're gonna do something different, take a chance, we'd best do it now, while we still have some numbers. See what happens. Go from there.

Dagny, I did the same thing, providing lists of the previous two votes. Going through a damned randomizer isn't utilizing that data properly.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Juice wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:"IF I AM A SLUG AS OF TODAY 9/3/2009 I WILL WEAR A HARTNELL JERSEY FOR THE ENTIRE 2009-2010 SEASON"
I have pretty much left this one alone up to this point, but if you are in fact a slug, this is a derrty derrty move. :lol:
good luck with that PFIDC :)

If i was an alpha and someone made a statement like that though......that person would be my next recruit if only out of jest...
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Senka wrote:this is so pointless. we are pointing fingers based on nothing, and to be honest we are far enough along in this tenure to not make mistakes. its so hard to unite a village (Which is good for us, not helping wolves bandwagon, but hard to get anything productive done)
i think the issue is there are some people who get so focused on their theories they are unrelenting to vote for others. i would get on a vote for anyone right now because we need to get rid of some slugs
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

And, dagny...we haven't gone round and round about crayz. In fact, SolidSnake is the only one who has mentioned his name prior to today.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

jaysmiter wrote:Note...I have not tried to start one vote, other than this crayz vote. I went with the flow of the village for the other times...this time I decided to try and set the flow, yet, Dagny, you are saying "we've gotta do something different, blah blah blah" trying to direct people to Letang to "do something different." I did something different by providing a thoughtful prosecution of crayz.
Ok, I'll concede to this, in the hopes that if we salt a villager, we'll go with my plan, next round.

Deal?

(crayz, if you're a role player, you'd best come out NOW.)
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Senka wrote:this is so pointless. we are pointing fingers based on nothing, and to be honest we are far enough along in this tenure to not make mistakes. its so hard to unite a village (Which is good for us, not helping wolves bandwagon, but hard to get anything productive done)
i think the issue is there are some people who get so focused on their theories they are unrelenting to vote for others. i would get on a vote for anyone right now because we need to get rid of some slugs
I provided a list of 9 people that I am suspicious of and would vote for at this stage in the game. If the vote swings to any of those, I'll switch. Right now, though, crayz is still the frontrunner. Though, I've lost track of the votes since I wasn't at my computer for like an hour.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I think dagny is doing a heck of a job clouding the game up.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

jaysmiter wrote:And, dagny...we haven't gone round and round about crayz. In fact, SolidSnake is the only one who has mentioned his name prior to today.
I wasn't focusing on the lead vote getter. My reference was to the entire list of salting nominations.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Malkamaniac wrote:I think dagny is doing a heck of a job clouding the game up.
I've just agree to go along with jaysmiter.... keep up! :P
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

I just get the feeling she's a confused villager like I am and gets very emotionally invested in it, like I do. Stupid internet games.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

dagny wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:Note...I have not tried to start one vote, other than this crayz vote. I went with the flow of the village for the other times...this time I decided to try and set the flow, yet, Dagny, you are saying "we've gotta do something different, blah blah blah" trying to direct people to Letang to "do something different." I did something different by providing a thoughtful prosecution of crayz.
Ok, I'll concede to this, in the hopes that if we salt a villager, we'll go with my plan, next round.

Deal?

i'm not an RP, slug, alpha, or anything other.

pfidc still makes the most sense to me atm.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

jaysmiter wrote:
I just get the feeling she's a confused villager like I am and gets very emotionally invested in it, like I do. Stupid internet games.

Seriously, Jay, Dags. Crazy is my game. You guys can't do it like I can. In that case, neither can crayz.
salt crayz stands.

Edited to remove color and confusion.
Last edited by Malkamaniac on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

dagny wrote:

Deal?

What is your plan? Randomize? Or look at and think about the lists? My guess is that every active player has looked and and thought about the lists that everyone has thrown out there and added stuff they find relevant and ignored stuff that they find irrelevant.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

crayz wrote:
Juice wrote:
good luck with that PFIDC :)

If i was an alpha and someone made a statement like that though......that person would be my next recruit if only out of jest...
Sure...but if I were a slug I wouldn't have said it. So nomming me is probably the best choice over conversion. Since there are no more conversions left (right?) it's either nom, bird nom, salt or WIN for me.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Btw...

In no way am I saying I'm 100% right. I've really put some thought into it, and crayz makes sense right now. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm not going to say to salt me if I'm wrong, because that's stupid. No sense losing two villagers because of it. Just go with me this one time, and it will illuminate some other things.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I will make it known right now though, I will NOT be using the jersey thing in anymore WW or Slug games. Dan and MWB are right, outside of the game gurantees have no place IN the game. Sorry for that.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Malkamaniac wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:

Seriously, Jay, Dags. Crazy is my game. You guys can't do it like I can. In that case, neither can crayz.

salt crayz stands.
If this isn't a new vote, get rid of the color so it's not counted twice please.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Sorry bhaw. I'll edit