*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by Troy Loney »

This adds more to the confusion. It would seem that you are the sexta, or you're a slug saying maybe you're the sexta to stay off the vote line. Or you're a regular villager just trying to avoid getting killed.

This was brought up a few days ago, but do we want to consider outing the sexta? Is there a downside to this, other than relying too much on one person too much for voting purposes.
I think at this point it with 60 pages done, we can atleast go through and look at one person who has not tried to decieve teh village at all...you know what i mean...

but if the sexta wants to wait now till maybe be the slugs try to eat him and waste a night i'd be fine with that...because its not really like knowing the identity of one person is really going to help at this point.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
This adds more to the confusion. It would seem that you are the sexta, or you're a slug saying maybe you're the sexta to stay off the vote line. Or you're a regular villager just trying to avoid getting killed.

This was brought up a few days ago, but do we want to consider outing the sexta? Is there a downside to this, other than relying too much on one person too much for voting purposes.
I think at this point it with 60 pages done, we can atleast go through and look at one person who has not tried to decieve teh village at all...you know what i mean...

but if the sexta wants to wait now till maybe be the slugs try to eat him and waste a night i'd be fine with that...because its not really like knowing the identity of one person is really going to help at this point.
Exactly, beating around the bush is pointless, it adds confusing, especially when you can protect yourself. If the Mayor and bird isn't known. You don't have to protect them. Out yourself, and protect yourself.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Malkamaniac wrote: Exactly, beating around the bush is pointless, it adds confusing, especially when you can protect yourself. If the Mayor and bird isn't known. You don't have to protect them. Out yourself, and protect yourself.
I'm fine with this as long as we're not missing some advantage it would give the slugs. It gives us one trustworthy person. Of course, it also probably leads to my demise since pfidc has mentioned me a few times.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

MWB wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote: Exactly, beating around the bush is pointless, it adds confusing, especially when you can protect yourself. If the Mayor and bird isn't known. You don't have to protect them. Out yourself, and protect yourself.
I'm fine with this as long as we're not missing some advantage it would give the slugs. It gives us one trustworthy person. Of course, it also probably leads to my demise since pfidc has mentioned me a few times.

Maybe, Maybe not. It could also lead to my demise for me calling for this. But adding another 5 pages because were going through this, is he or isn't he stage and clouding up the situation more, isn't worth it.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

I've been suspicious of Juice & JC the entire game, but every time I've been on, the vote hasn't been going either of their ways. (I've also been suspicious of npv but I'm not sure if that's because I'm getting slug vibes from him or it's just his super confusing "logic" that makes me look at him that way.) I don't know, I'm terrible at theorizing.

And, FWIW, I'm not trying to be "under the radar" or whatever. On Tuesday, I came down with the flu and it has been kicking my *kittens* since, so I haven't been able to participate as much as I'd like. :(
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

swine flu!!! :scared:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:swine flu!!! :scared:
There's swine flu at pitt....would it be weird if i went to clas tonight with one of those face mask things that go over your nose and mouth?
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

I'm not a big fan of the "pick someone at random" strategy, but if it gets used, the best way is if the sexta comes out, and, if unchallenged, just does the randomization among all the other players. It will have about a 1/3 chance of picking a slug. Any other way of doing things lets the slugs manipulate their "random" lists to almost certainly keep themselves near the bottom.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

alright. Im not the sexta. I am also not a slug.

salt me if you with but you'll be down another villager. At this point we're running around like chickens with our heads cut off.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Troy Loney wrote:
There's swine flu at pitt....would it be weird if i went to clas tonight with one of those face mask things that go over your nose and mouth?
lol. i have an extra one. ill wear mine at class.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

I was joking about it but I very seriously hope not. :scared: :scared:
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Wow. There was so much to catch up on!

I'm honestly confused. I really think Canaan & Juice are prime people to be slugs, but the whole back and forth stuff with dagny and JC keeps jumping out at me. I mean, they say it goes back to the chat, but dagny has been ready to salt him this entire game.

And PFIDC, seriously, what are you doing? This I may be, I may not be... it's making me want to salt you out of spite. :(
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

IrishEyes wrote:Wow. There was so much to catch up on!

I'm honestly confused. I really think Canaan & Juice are prime people to be slugs, but the whole back and forth stuff with dagny and JC keeps jumping out at me. I mean, they say it goes back to the chat, but dagny has been ready to salt him this entire game.

And PFIDC, seriously, what are you doing? This I may be, I may not be... it's making me want to salt you out of spite. :(
Please do. I've been consistent all game with my votes. Why doesn't everyone just vote for JC, see if he's a slug and if he's not you can all salt me next?
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Irish Eyes and Crayz are both slugs. (im the gardener. :P)
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Malkamaniac wrote:Exactly, beating around the bush is pointless, it adds confusing, especially when you can protect yourself. If the Mayor and bird isn't known. You don't have to protect them. Out yourself, and protect yourself.
Echo?
Juice from way earlier in the game like page 10 or some **** wrote:Hey sexta, out yourself so we have someone to trust now that the gardener is dead
Idjit villagers wrote:Now why would we do that the slugs might gain a night :scared:
Juice then wrote:But having the slugs gain a night will be better than later on looking back and seeing that we were just being mislead the whole time, cause we had nobody to completely trust
Idjit Villagers wrote:But omg no that person may be stoopid and lead us astray
Juice then wrote:... :face:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
lol. i have an extra one. ill wear mine at class.
nice....i'm glad that i'm not concerned about things like that..
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Senka wrote:Irish Eyes and Crayz are both slugs. (im the gardener. :P)
:P Your drunken posts from last night were pretty entertaining this morning. :pop:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

salt JoseCuervo

ill listen to PFIDC
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

canaan wrote:salt JoseCuervo

ill listen to PFIDC
Im not going to flip flop or try to cause anymore confusion but this worries me.

I think Canaan is a slug too but.......

With as many slugs as there are this could be:

A) The slugs sacrificing one of their own so that Canaan (a possible alpha) gets some cred

B) A slug ploy to get 2 villagers salted in the next 2 days

C) Canaan is just a villager that is just agreeing with me
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

unsalt SS. SALT IRISHEYES.

Irisheyes. Crayz. Dagny. MWB. Jwie. Pipes. Someone else. The actual 7.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

IrishEyes wrote:
Senka wrote:Irish Eyes and Crayz are both slugs. (im the gardener. :P)
:P Your drunken posts from last night were pretty entertaining this morning. :pop:

I do what i can. I got that village drunk role on wednesday nights.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Senka wrote:unsalt SS. SALT IRISHEYES.

Irisheyes. Crayz. Dagny. MWB. Jwie. Pipes. Someone else. The actual 7.
:face: i hope you aren't putting money on this...
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

i wish we'd all hop on my bandwagon. since im me, and i like the way i think.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I have no idea what to think of pfidc right now. If we do salt JC and he's a slug I don't think that really puts the heat off pfidc. He could easily also be a slug and trying to gain trust. He seems awfully confident about JC. I just don't understand what good it does to the rest of the village to do the whole "I am, I'm not" thing. It helps him maybe, but not everyone else. But I guess even if he is a slug and JC is also, we'd at least be down one slug by going with JC.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

PensFanInDC wrote: B) A slug ploy to get 2 villagers salted in the next 2 days
You are the one who proposed this though.